NB views

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭

Just curious as a casual player...why is the magicka NB considered "OP"? I have playing since console launch and near lvl 50 -- saw a bit of a change but I mostly solo so don't have context for the meta. Also I am PVE...just getting into PVP.

Tks.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one QQ argument against them is that if properly played, they are 100% able to escape any battle.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Oh Ok, the so-called "escape button".
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    Well, don't worry......you are so close to discover the crude reality....when fights in 1v1 and your only chance to win is fight against other NB....

The escape button, is the Bolt Escape of sorcerers, the difference between the NB cloak (serious nerfed in the last patch) and Bolt escape, is that this one, does not need be played properly, only needs press the assigned button to see how your enemies no waste her time trying follow you

You can believe me or not.....just try some PVP.....
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Duff-Paddy
    xXNesTXx wrote: »
    Well, don't worry......you are so close to discover the crude reality....when fights in 1v1 and your only chance to win is fight against other NB....

The escape button, is the Bolt Escape of sorcerers, the difference between the NB cloak (serious nerfed in the last patch) and Bolt escape, is that this one, does not need be played properly, only needs press the assigned button to see how your enemies no waste her time trying follow you

NB Cloak was nerfed?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrong,
    bolt escape "STUNS, and Damages' people, cloak only lets you disapier for only 2.5 seconds and does no damage to anyone.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duff-Paddy wrote: »

NB Cloak was nerfed?

i have never heard of that happen, nor do i think it is even possible to nerf something that has no power. the whole idea of nerfing cloak is rediculas.
  • Duff-Paddy
    I agree but let's not start another 'Nerf Cloak' Thread :smiley:

I was keen to understand what the nerf was about though, I dont believe I have noticed any difference so far but I may have over looked something.
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I think one QQ argument against them is that if properly played, they are 100% able to escape any battle.

The counter to this qq ofc is that if the attacker is playing properly then a squishy nb stands no chance of escape with the multitude of counters available to cloak. The reason people are qqing is because they don't bother using any counter skills and get mad when said nb cloaks
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses...as always a variety of views!

I wonder if there will ever be a class people resolutely agree is OP.
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    Duff-Paddy wrote: »

NB Cloak was nerfed?

No

Was my fault, bad translation of the patch notes, sorry
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Cloak wasn't nerfed, just adjusted. I can definitely tell that I'm being pulled out of it allot more then I used to be. It's hardly the pause button people are claiming. If anything, it's a "breath" button, giving you a second to breathe and think about what to do next.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it seems to me that many of the magick moves can really mess up enemies and heal as well and all of the damage moves start as magick moves. plus yeah, the escape but I use it for criticals as a result I find it a better combo starter.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wrong,
    bolt escape "STUNS, and Damages' people, cloak only lets you disapier for only 2.5 seconds and does no damage to anyone.

why are you acting like cloak only lasts 2.5 seconds? The problem is it being spammable while cloaked. If NBs were forced out of cloak after those 2.5 seconds, then threads like this wouldn't even exist.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

The counter to this qq ofc is that if the attacker is playing properly then a squishy nb stands no chance of escape with the multitude of counters available to cloak. The reason people are qqing is because they don't bother using any counter skills and get mad when said nb cloaks

That is why I slotted R magelight in my first time in IC, used it on a perma cloaker (while I myself was cloaked >:) ) and killed him/her twice. third time he/she brought friends :(
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on October 4, 2015 6:49PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Cloak wasn't nerfed, just adjusted. I can definitely tell that I'm being pulled out of it allot more then I used to be. It's hardly the pause button people are claiming. If anything, it's a "breath" button, giving you a second to breathe and think about what to do next.

Cloak no needs any adjust or nerf.....only some crybabies need L2P
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak doesn't grant a 100% escape. ANY aoe used right after the cloak cancels it... It is impossible to run away from a player who knows what he's doing.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shh.. don't tell anyone but a NB killed me in 2 strikes.

My character is named "Totally Insane" , and the person who killed me showed me the kill report in text chat and said to me.. " Now that was Insane".

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)