Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix guards (Eclipse + Shield Bash)

Yiko
Yiko
✭✭✭✭✭
If you throw Caltrops onto hostiles and are Eclipsed at the same time (by NPCs or players), you start traveling at approximately 10000% movement speed. I'm tired of flying from Alessia front gate to the other side of the river and dying to fall damage or just resources/keeps in general.
Also, more often than not, I'm unable to CC break melee guards' Shield/Reverberating Bash.. Sometimes they cycle it endlessly until I die.
When combined, these two things can lead to an impossibly infuriating experience. Plx fixerino

inb4 L2P
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p a non broken game?
    Edited by aco5712 on September 30, 2015 7:37AM
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. In 1.6 this happened when you would use talons while you have eclipse on you. Don't have much hope about fixing this.
    What annoys me more though is the new guard eclipse animation which is not really easy to see and it seems to work differently (?). When I was taking a resource with a friend, I was using funnel and from one moment to another, my health dropped from 100% to zero. Death recap was full with my own funnel being reflected. It wasn't reflecting properly, but rather accumulating the damage and thus resulting in me dropping dead instantly. And it was no visual bug, as my friend saw my healthbar drop from 100% to zero in a splitsecond. I tried to do it again and had "success". Instadeath after a few seconds eclipse.

And yes I know, I can break free from it, so do not try to remind me. The thing is, the animation was barely visible (for me) which lead to me not breaking free from it.
    Would love to have the old black bubble back from the guardians instead of only some glowing on your character. And maybe fix the reflect accumulation? If not intended that is.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix cast time abilties not working correctly too. Health desyncs follow them like a plague.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was PvEing temple guards and keep guards, and with absolutely no distractions for me from any other player, it was still extremely difficult to see when I was eclipsed - in fact, I would say it's pretty much an invisible effect in practice...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, completely forgot that Eclipse is invisible or barely visible. I'll just seemingly randomly die to my own Dawnbreaker or Soul Tether DOTs because of it.. that or take off on a flight to Jamaica at 10000% movespeed.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »
    If you throw Caltrops onto hostiles and are Eclipsed at the same time (by NPCs or players), you start traveling at approximately 10000% movement speed. I'm tired of flying from Alessia front gate to the other side of the river and dying to fall damage or just resources/keeps in general.
    Also, more often than not, I'm unable to CC break melee guards' Shield/Reverberating Bash.. Sometimes they cycle it endlessly until I die.
    When combined, these two things can lead to an impossibly infuriating experience. Plx fixerino

inb4 L2P

This bug doesn't require eclipse. In fungal groto against the netches if you cast caltrops you immediately start moving at 1000000% movement speed.

I've had this bug with just caltrops happen in the memorial district as well. Last night I was literally thrown across the entire district into the water in the gutters mid combat.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    What annoys me more though is the new guard eclipse animation which is not really easy to see and it seems to work differently (?). When I was taking a resource with a friend, I was using funnel and from one moment to another, my health dropped from 100% to zero. Death recap was full with my own funnel being reflected. It wasn't reflecting properly, but rather accumulating the damage and thus resulting in me dropping dead instantly. And it was no visual bug, as my friend saw my healthbar drop from 100% to zero in a splitsecond. I tried to do it again and had "success". Instadeath after a few seconds eclipse.

With the eclipse animation being next to invisible mage guards are lethal to a magic user. And I've experienced dropping dead instantly too from all my attacks being reflected at the same time. I thought it was lag but apparently not.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended, if not, templars can heal.
    ~ @Niekas ~