Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has Perfect Roe vanished or changed in drop rate?

tactica
tactica
✭✭✭
Prior to IC, on PS4, I was getting about 1:35 drop rate of perfect roe and it was fairly consistent.

Now, I've caught and carved up well over 200 fish across two toons since IC dropped, and I haven't seen a single one these last few days. I'm starting to wonder if the drop rate has drastically been changed or if I'm experiencing something odd.

Anyone else noticing anything odd with perfect roe drop rates now?
NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
Knowledge is Power
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten a single one since the IC patch ...
    sad.gif
  • ianshere82b14_ESO
    Group member said he had 2k fish and got 6. Prior to IC. While his friend next to him got 2 roe out of 30 fish.

RNG at its best.

To answer the OP - not sure if it was altered, but it seems it was always an off chance.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Computers can not generate a true random number. ZOS tracks how much perfect roe people get (along with AP, TV stones, gold and everything else) and makes adjustments so the game does not get flooded. And with perfect roe, that has a direct affect on the xp scrolls in the crown store. Not only has the roe drop rate been cut, getting the recipes for it from writes has been cut.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any Ambrosia Fragments drop since the update, but have been getting quite a few Perfect Roe at about the sale 1:30 rate. The Roe drop rate doesn't seem to be nerfed to me.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG hates me recently. Havent had a recipe frag drop in 2 weeks doing 2 prov writs a day. Havent done fishing in a while since Im not even close to getting the recipe.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. It seems incredibly erradic now then. I'm the OP. I fished since patch for Ambrosia hit back in June / July on PS4. my roe drop rate was pretty consistent averaging around 1:35. I starting doing writs with 2 toons in the VR levels then jumped to 3 toons after a month. I only recently - read mid sept finished the Ambrosia recipe. However, I continue to do the top level writs with all three toons.

Since, IC patch dropping, I have yet to find any perfect roe, however, I have found another Ambrosia writ #1 and #2... (for recipe #2)

However... with that said, for my original recipe, I traded for 2 fragements. So as far as the game's RNG calculator goes, I was still 'owed?' two more pieces perhaps, LOL...

Therefore, only now am I 'caught up' if the game is truly keeping tabs on my progress and not accounting for anything I have traded for.

It will be interesting to see if I am awarded anything more in writs.

So far though, fishing for Perfect Roe post IC for me, has become a rediculous waste of time. So much so, that its becoming pointless if this continues. I'm just not going to spend hours on end for no return whatsoever.
    Knowledge is Power
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an incredible good drop rate. Mine's just above 1%, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I skinned 200 fish and found none. It happened to me before.

I haven't noticed any significant change in my Roe luck recently, but I seem to be getting fewer recipe fragments. It's not enough data to tell, though. RNG ebbs and flows.
  • landoawd
    landoawd
    Soul Shriven
    I'm about 1:100 and fish pretty regularly. RNGezus be praised, and guide my filet knife this evening.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No roe since IC
    Edited by newtinmpls on September 30, 2015 6:03PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • S_Schofield
    S_Schofield
    Soul Shriven
    I fished 165 yesterday and got 1 Roe and then had a fish this morning and out of 49 fish I got 2 roe and a gunny sack with 2 KUTA, but I have noticed that drops from my equipment writs have turned to crap, 2 x toon's 5 days 30 writs and not 1 fragment. i give up on glass.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive skinned approximately 300 since IC on PS4 with zero roe drops, and would say i was around 1:35 before the patch. Also only have one toon doing writs but have not had a fragment since the patch. It does seem strange now that XP scrolls are able to be bought with crowns... If it continues like this I will most likely abandon fishing. Easier to make up the difference in XP by just grinding longer instead of wasting time by a fishing hole.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    The randomness or randomness has ultimately resulted in so many strange beliefs, customs and practices.

It could have been changed. Or it could just be the nature of randomness.

One finds that one can always determine slices, cutoff points, matching events, etc. in which something stopped, started or changed in a convincingly significant way, but there is often no way to prove or disprove it.

You can apply the "since x" to almost anything and determine that a change was made, even if it hasn't been. You could go to IC tomorrow and get 2 rare things. It's just random.
    Edited by rb2001 on October 1, 2015 6:43PM
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the perfect row ratio because I never fish I just buy it from the guild store, anyway since ic release I haven't got a single ambrosia recipe fragment, I already have the complete recipe, but I was getting like 1 or 2 fragments a week now nothing
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tactica wrote: »
    Prior to IC, on PS4, I was getting about 1:35 drop rate of perfect roe and it was fairly consistent.
    Ive skinned approximately 300 since IC on PS4 with zero roe drops, and would say i was around 1:35 before the patch.
    Is everyone with 1:30 drop rate on console?

• MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Ive skinned approximately 300 since IC on PS4 with zero roe drops, and would say i was around 1:35 before the patch.

This is just a guesstimate on my part. All I know is that I would fish here and there, and it felt like the most fish I'd go through would be maybe 50 before I got a drop, sometimes 2 in 50-70. I piled up 6 roe before giving them to my guild leader to make ambrosia, and I wouldn't say that I was fishing THAT much... At that point I had 18 ambrosia so I took a break from fishing.

Now since the patch, I am down to 4 ambrosia and decided to try and stock up again. I was watching an NFL game one night, and decided to fish during it since its a fairly brainless activity. I had 240 fish after the game was over and went through them all with no drops.

I understand that RNG is RNG. I can't confirm that there was any change, and honestly I don't record the exact numbers because it still comes down to RNG and I think the effort would be mostly wasted. But IMO either I had just been VERY lucky before, or something may have changed.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

"was..." was around 1:35 before IC.... on console perhaps... since, heck no... not even remotely close.
    Knowledge is Power
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I haven't had any Ambrosia Fragments drop since the update, but have been getting quite a few Perfect Roe at about the sale 1:30 rate. The Roe drop rate doesn't seem to be nerfed to me.

Apparently I cursed myself. 300 fish tonight, no Perfect Roe.

And no, not on console; I'm on PC.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not sure what happened... but, the P-Roe hath completely dried up for me. I've all but given up now... unless someone can explain this, its just... well, something's wrong. This isn't worth my time anymore.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - any insight on this?
    Edited by tactica on October 7, 2015 10:24PM
    Knowledge is Power
  • LeoTheBatiamigo
    I've gotten 3 Row since the patch, using about 200+ fish.
    GamerRKO - PS4 - NA - EP
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gutted 1000's of fish since perfect roe came out. In fact the first few days at release i gutted 1000's of fish. I had no problem getting the recipe from consistently doing writs on multiple characters(in fact I was able to sell a complete list of fragments as well as use one for myself). The real issue is that perfect roe just hasn't ever dropped for me. I've been told that for some beta players (which I was) it might be a glitch related to that.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been told that for some beta players (which I was) it might be a glitch related to that.

I was in the Beta, I was in the early secret beta, and I get Perfect Roe. In fact, I got one just a couple of days ago filleting about 6 fish. Now, the 250 fish prior to that? Nada.

Edited by Nestor on October 8, 2015 10:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try and take another go at testing this weekend with several different characters, (time permitting). I just don't have a ton of time to throw at this... The whole experience is taking a bit too long to be of any real value to me, at this point... ZoS has some fun concepts in the game, but the time to reward, for just about everything I want to do is becoming sadly and painfully obvious... even down to fishing.

Really liked what the early PvE and progression had to offer in the game, can't stand the grind... I thought perhaps the exp potions could help out with some of the time... LOL, but if you spend even more time and can't even close to reliably find perfect roe without wasting even more time, then what's the point?

It's probably time to throw in the towel and take a break, if testing shows what I think it will.

I've had some fun, I think IC was a disaster, and end game and all the grind needs a ton of work. The carrot to grind ratio is so bad right now, that its just not holding any of my interest. When a game you used to enjoy, feels like work... even down to the fishing... that's a problem. Finding perfect Roe actually feels like work right now. LOL....

Maybe that says more about me and my happiness with the game at this point. Okay. Guess that means break time. Hmm... sorry Zos.
    Edited by tactica on October 9, 2015 4:23PM
    Knowledge is Power
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do two stacks at a time....
    so 400 fish... and i get 2 or 3 roe.... thats it now. That's about 1 for every 150-170 fish :neutral:
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dried up on Roe for a while, but got 3 from about 100 fish a couple of days ago. That's back to what I previously was getting.

I don't know if I pissed off the RNG fairies or whay, but they seem to have forgiven me.