Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

xbox one to Pc?

XxRoyalHighnessxX
XxRoyalHighnessxX
Soul Shriven
I've been playing eso for xbox one for about 4 months now and really enjoy it, so much that I bought a new laptop (with gaming in mind) so that I could play while traveling without having to lug my console, monitor, etc. My question is: Do I have to buy the PC version of the game and just hope that my characters transfer over? I have no idea how this works. Also I have never played a game on PC before, I have strictly stuck to xbox games for years, which is obviously a disk/download, but my new laptop has no disk drive so I'm assuming I get some kind of a code or something upon purchase? Also (if anyone) has good or bad experiences to share gaming on a HP OMEN 8gb laptop core i7
Any answers appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answers

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt very much that your characters would transfer. Sine it is not possible any more to transfer from PC to console, I don't see why the opposite would be doable. Just start afresh.
    Answer ✓
  • matcumb
    matcumb
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, from the point of view of a game development company, they will not see any advantage in doing so. Same thing that Rockstar did with GTA V. They want you to buy a new copy of the game, and if you want to subscribe for ESO Plus, you pay for two subscriptions.
    "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things." - Cadwell
    Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Chanman23 wrote: »
    However, if youve gotten really far, you can always mail your stuff from your xbox account to your pc account. So theres that at least.

Have you actually tried doing this? How does that work? PC and Xbox One accounts are on completely different servers. You cannot play with or contact console players from a PC account, so how would you be able to mail your account on a different platform in-game items. How would they transfer to a different physical server?
    Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    So wait if I bought it again I would have to pay for another online subscription? Not eso plus but online? I thought you could just sign in under your same account??

If you want to play on PC, you would need to purchase another copy of the game to gain access to all content prior to the release of the Imperial City DLC. You do not need to pay a monthly subscription to have access to the game on PC, but if you wanted ESO Plus on both platforms, you would have to pay for it twice (once each month for console, once each month for PC). If you wanted the Imperial City DLC (or anything from the crown store) on both platforms, you would have to pay for it twice. Nothing you purchase on console would be on your PC game and vice versa.

You have a separate account for each platform you play on...you can link those accounts, though I'm not sure what the benefit of that is, because, as said above, nothing purchased on one platform applies to any other.

Answer ✓
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly yes, you need to buy PC copy of the game.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Funny I was gonna post the exact same question. I was planning on getting a pc version for my iMac since everyone is always on the tv and I dont want to hog it. I was curious too if my character would just transfer over when I log in? If not I assume I have to start over.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You will have to buy a new copy of the game to play on PC, and you will need to download it to your PC from whatever site your purchase the game from).

Also, you will not be able to play the same characters from your Xbox One account. The servers are completely separate and transfers are not allowed at this time.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ah so new character. That's cool I wouldn't mind maybe using a different race or pact. I have created 2 characters and both were high elf's one a nord and my current a DK. Maybe a sorc next?
    Edited by IdesofMarch2 on September 29, 2015 6:08PM
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • XxRoyalHighnessxX
    XxRoyalHighnessxX
    Soul Shriven
    Thanx for the replies, I don't mind buying another game, its two subscriptions and starting all over again that would suck. To the person that was concerned with hogging the TV IDESOAMARCH2 if you have windows 10 you you stream your Xbox through your pc and allow your family etc to use the tv, this is effective if still on the same wireday or wireless connection
  • XxRoyalHighnessxX
    XxRoyalHighnessxX
    Soul Shriven
    **you can stream your Xbox through your pc now, but only with the xboxone app and Windows 10. This isnt useful to me because I have a couple monitor's but if you plan to play in your own home this will work on pc. I was hoping to travel with my games and play it on my laptop, but I guess I was asking for too much. Lol. Thanx for all the answers.
  • Chanman23
    Chanman23
    However, if youve gotten really far, you can always mail your stuff from your xbox account to your pc account. So theres that at least.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Wow I didn't know that but I have Mac so I prob can't do that
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    So wait if I bought it again I would have to pay for another online subscription? Not eso plus but online? I thought you could just sign in under your same account??
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Sertith
    Sertith

You have to have some kind of internet connection to play it, so yes, you have to pay for internet. Or steal if from your neighbors, I guess. But you can't play it offline...

The account should be the same, I know I can play on PS4 and PC with the same ESO account, but I can't move characters from one platform to the other.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Your characters will not transfer over, or update from one system to the next.

What you have on ps4/xbox will never update to PC, and vise versa across all platforms.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    I'm really not talking about transferring characters anymore I mean I pay 60 bucks now for online with Xbox if I bought eso for pc after download would I have to pay another 60 for online for the new game to on pc or can I just use my current account.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really not talking about transferring characters anymore I mean I pay 60 bucks now for online with Xbox if I bought eso for pc after download would I have to pay another 60 for online for the new game to on pc or can I just use my current account.

I'm not sure what you mean by paying for online, let me know if none of these apply :)

If you mean that you bought the game for $60 dollars on Xbox, then yes, to play on PC you would have to purchase a second copy of the game to play ESO there (n.b., because the PC game has been out longer, you could probably find it for significantly cheaper than you purchased the console game at launch).

If you mean that you pay $60 each month for an internet connection to your home, then no, you would not need to purchase a second internet connection to play the game on PC. You would still need to purchase the game for PC and any content you wanted from the crown store would also have to be re-purchased, but you would not need a separate internet connection.

• IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    I meant the latter. I know I would have to buy they game. I bought my xbox copy at a store not a download. Like you know I had to sign up for Xbox live 60 dollars a year for the online service. I wanted to know if I downloaded a second game for pc on the eso site would I have to buy another subscription for pc? Like another $60 for the year.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the latter. I know I would have to buy they game. I bought my xbox copy at a store not a download. Like you know I had to sign up for Xbox live 60 dollars a year for the online service. I wanted to know if I downloaded a second game for pc on the eso site would I have to buy another subscription for pc? Like another $60 for the year.

The 60 dollars for Xbox Live doesn't go to ZOS, that is something Microsoft requires that you pay to play any game online.

You can play the PC game as long as you have a working internet connection, which you would have to have to use Xbox Live :)

• Sertith
    Sertith
    I have to ask, if you don't have an ISP, how are you getting internet to your xbox? Have you never used a computer before? I'm confused about how you don't know what internet is...
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Huh? I do have an isp Verizon. What are you talking about. Maybe in just not explaining it they way I mean it.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭

I think you are talking about the plus subscription maybe? From what Ive read, you not only have to purchase the game anew for any other console/PC but you have to pay for a separate ESO Plus subscription for each...just under 15 dollars a month.

XBOX live gold is 60 bucks a month and has nothing to do with ESO on a PC. I mean the sad thing is to play on xbox you have to pay for a gold subscription on top of what you have to pay ESO. However, if you play on your PC, mac or windows, you do NOT have to pay for any other access. Except internet. Which you must have in order to play ESO regardless of if you have an XBOX or a PC.

Others may correct me if I am wrong regarding xbox. I have PC and have just purchased my xbox one. But from what Ive seen you not only need internet, you need to purchase xbox gold on top of everything else.

PC costs:
    buy game,
    pay for optional ESO plus subscription (you can play for free/but plus gives you benefits,
    internet

Xbox one costs
    buy game,
    pay for optional ESO plus subscription (you can play for free/but plus gives you benefits,
    internet
    xbox live gold