Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rate your PvP Experience (IC update)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the IC very much fun and rewarding, both pvp and pve aspects. However, the zerg mindset that keeps ruining the fun is a tad annoying.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any problem with Grind, CP or Vet ranks. they give me something to do and look forward too. what i don't like about this update is the damage reduction, Shieldbreaker (sets that counter a specific skill or class should not be a thing, way too cheesy) the removal of buffs which is one of the main things that damage PvP in Cyrodiil i mean you look and people are hardly caring what's happening in Cyrodiil.

A lot of bad decisions went into this patch. people called that out on the PTS but to no avail.
    Edited by Lucky28 on September 30, 2015 7:43AM
    Invictus
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch was meant to be about risk/reward but I think it's just gone totally in the wrong direction. The zergbad mentality has eliminated risk and this has meant there are no rewards in actually learning the game and it's mechanics and trying to become a genuinely skilled player since it's just become a numbers game (now more than ever).

So yeah. Basically if you aren't in the faction with the highest pop you're pvp experience is done.

@ZOS, for gods sake - grow some ***** and fix it the way it needs to be fixed.
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I was going to love this update, but the increased time to kill, and the fact that the alliance war is like non-existant, is pretty depressing for me.

Also, the fact that IC is essentially a PVE DLC with PVP enabled rather than a PVP DLC. It has literally no focus on PVP, and barely any incentive to PVP. My biggest gripe with IC though is the massive zergs, I hate my zerging allies, and I hate the enemy zergs.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive played almost non-stop since launch and finally yesterday it started to slow down. I think those treasure goblins should last longer, its impossible to kill them before they are gone, like 5 sec longer. Also IC dailie bag, 80 CP isnt worth to go thru all those loading screens.
    Edited by Sausage on September 30, 2015 2:34PM
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Ive played almost non-stop since launch and finally yesterday it started to slow down. I think those treasure goblins should last longer, its impossible to kill them before they are gone, like 5 sec longer. Also IC dailie bag, 80 CP isnt worth to go thru all those loading screens.

If you bash them when they open a portal it will cancel it and give you more time to kill them.
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The game just isn't that much fun anymore, while the opposite should have happened with the release of IC.

For me, the game is much more fun than it used to be prior of IC. Great things got fixed and looking forward into it.
    If you prefer less Cyrodiil, more PvE and more zerging, this update is for you.

I have came back in Cyrodiil since 2weeks ago, I don't have my undaunted passives, I have never ran AA, Hel-Ra, Sanctum or DSA and the usual size of my groups is between 5 to 10.
    Edited by frozywozy on September 30, 2015 4:43PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new changes to combat except the loss of stam regen while blocking. I'm never had so much fun in PVP tho. I can always find a fight at the entrance to the enemies sewer. LOL.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no risk/reward. I know 100% that I will die and lose all my stones. There's no way around it, there's no way I can kill a ganker who oneshots me with a wrecking blow and such. Let alone groups/zergs. So what's my choice? Farm stones for others (whoever will take them from me) or simply don't go to IC at all? Kinda regret buying the DLC already, but obviously can't do anything about it now. sigh.

upd. just now, 2 hours wasted. net gain = 12 stones. twelve.stones.is.a.reward.for.2.hours.
    let it sink in
    Edited by Artis on October 1, 2015 1:15AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is a treasure goblin?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to do something about how dead Cyrodiil right now. The only faction enjoying Cyrodiil is EP. I don't blame them either with every DC and AD in IC, I would do the same, if I was in EP. I mean, how exactly do you expect people to defend keeps/resources/scrolls when it's a 10 v 2 zergs with emp?
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Absolutely no risk/reward. I know 100% that I will die and lose all my stones. There's no way around it, there's no way I can kill a ganker who oneshots me with a wrecking blow and such. Let alone groups/zergs. So what's my choice? Farm stones for others (whoever will take them from me) or simply don't go to IC at all? Kinda regret buying the DLC already, but obviously can't do anything about it now. sigh.

upd. just now, 2 hours wasted. net gain = 12 stones. twelve.stones.is.a.reward.for.2.hours.
    let it sink in

Instead of whining that you can't kill anyone, get a group. 12 stones in 2 hours? Are you really that bad? You can just farm the three mobs outside your spawn zone with absolutely zero risk and gain 100 times that in half the time. Looks like you're not really putting effort into it.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

let it sink in

Instead of whining that you can't kill anyone, get a group. 12 stones in 2 hours? Are you really that bad? You can just farm the three mobs outside your spawn zone with absolutely zero risk and gain 100 times that in half the time. Looks like you're not really putting effort into it.
    Yes, I'm that bad. I would farm mobs somewhere and then get killed. And there's absolutely nothing I could do about. Like it's not that "oh well if I did that and that, I'd win, so maybe next time", no. It's losing with absolutely no chance. Find a group? Yeah farmed in groups too. Would still wipe on bigger groups. Once got farmed by 1 player while in a group of 3.
    Because yeah, when they open on my magicka NB there's nothing I can do. Cloak? Immediate aoe+caltrops. ENough stamina for 1 cc break. Can't block for too long too. And those 10-15k hits... Not that my hots can heal through this. After I lost all my stones I tried to come back and maybe get some back, since that guy was farming us at the respawn anyway. No, no matter who started the fight, there was no way to kill him. Keeping up buffs/debuffs.. whatever. Maybe it's just that his build countered mine, more likely - I'm bad. It doesn't matter. I don't mind being killed in pvp. I mind that pvp in IC is very unrewarding experience for me.

I'm not whining, I'm sharing my pvp experience. But sure, I guess this update is not for me, right? Since I"m bad, I'm not allowed to enjoy it and should just farm stones for others or do pledges and log out. I'll spend some more time trying to get better, already joined a pvp guild, maybe someone there would be able to guide me. Will see. But if it fixes a problem for me, it won't fix it for others who can't, you know, kill a group of 3-15 people by themselves..

p.s. of course I didn't just get 12 stones. I got more than 1k, but they were all gone.
    Edited by Artis on October 2, 2015 8:39PM
  • n.milseb16_ESO
    Battlegrounds and/or Arenas are simply necessary at this point, and the fact that they havent announced anything about it is ridiculous. I just want to fight players. I don't want to sit between keeps to do it, or sit in a PvE area to do it. It's long, long, long overdue. Didn't they tease PvP arenas like over a year ago, and then nothing but crickets? The absolute worst part is that I think it would be incredibly fun in this game to have even, dedicated matches. Why they won't do it is beyond me... I don't care how many crowns I have to pay, give me REAL PVP @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Absolutely agree with this!!!
    And i know many many poeple who do also!

Please give us battlegrounds! Give us REAL PvP!
    Edited by n.milseb16_ESO on October 2, 2015 11:44PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't logged into the forums or the game in weeks, did so tonight because I stopped by to see how things were looking on the forums a little further in to the IC patch. Saw this thread and wanted to add something. Put it in spoiler tags since it ran a little long. TL;DR = I sympathize who are bored/frustrated with the PvP changes and who don't like feeling as if they have to grind cp and gear/mats drop to stay competitive.
    I didn't enjoy IC much, which is one reason I haven't been around. Often the guilds I join die, or go on life support, or start doing things later in the day, or something else happens that makes them (or me) unavailable, so I am used to playing mostly solo and occasionally joining a pug group for PvE and PvP. I am sort of OK for basic PvE but have always struggled in PvP with every class. Still, prior to 1.6, I had fun. I would always lose if I got into to a 1v1, but I could usually put up a fight and bloody the other guy's nose before I went down, and I loved running siege and ruining people with it. After 1.6/2.0 I rarely even knew I was in combat before my character was dead.

It's funny that the IC patch was supposed to make things better for players like me. Maybe it helped some folks in my situation, but not me. I still died very quickly, even to PvP noobs, unless I was on my magicka NB and could choose how and when to engage. I tried my original main, a DK, and the main that came next, a Templar, and they both died to everything, trash mobs and players alike, like they were naked and unarmed. Maybe I have some condition that makes my skill decrease the more time I spend playing a game, I don't know :tongue: I didn't even bother taking my Sorc to IC and tried a little regular Cyro but got bored because it was empty/slow.

Because I mostly solo and pug some on the side, most of my characters have little in PvE group content done. None have completely finished Craglorn, but one is close. Most haven't done a majority of group dungeons, but a different one is close. Never finished any trial, or Dragonstar, etc. This isn't a whine, but it means that I am in the same boat as those who've done all of those things so often they are bored out of their minds. They, and I, turn to PvP for something potentially dynamic that is easy to get into. My only other option is to level more alts (I had 4 at max rank already when it was VR14), but what would I do with them once I got them high ranked?

I know PvP is hard to balance and there are always people who are unhappy with some aspect of it, but, I can't 1v1 or 1vX, group play/map battles were hard to find in Cyro when I was last on (no one seemed to care about AP or winning campaigns), and IC for me was either get killed repeatedly or join a huge zerg and hope they decided to do things I need completions for and that I did well enough with damage/healing to get loot from the drops. I realized that I kept logging in without really enjoying myself, having any interesting/attainable goals, or just relaxing and playing for fun. The idea that I needed to keep playing for more champion points and finding ways to grind for gear all the time or risk getting even further behind in the power curve really annoyed me as well.

As I've been typing this I was thinking of logging into the game when I was done to see how things are going now first-hand, but I realized I don't have a main any more, and I don't miss my characters. No idea which one I would even bother logging into. I'm not sure there are many folks in my situation, since most of those vocally unhappy with the IC patch and its effect seem like they were at least competitive in PvP before. Still, I wanted to point out that they aren't the only ones who have had their enthusiasm for the game dampened. I am happy though for those who liked the patch and who are excited to keep logging in on a regular basis. I sincerely hope things start looking up for more of the older player-base and that new players show up with the next DLC. I haven't given up on ESO, for whatever that is worth, and I wish my fellow players, active and inactive, all the best.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This poll really needs an option like "I hate this update, and spend all my time there."

Hehe trust you..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for the last one.

To clarify my vote - I still play overworld Cyro on a daily basis, and probably will for the duration of my time in ESO.

I was sick of IC within 5 hours of playing it. I literally never want to go back down there, though I know ill have to for a little telvar or a drop or two at some point. I havent been in the sewers or districts since the first week it came out, only the base to buy tel var related items from the vendor.

Tremendous flop IMO, nothing but a grind, too linear, load screens of doom, tunnelzergs, just the whole thing in general felt like a once-off with no replay value past the borefest of a grind for gear.

This really wasnt a PvP update.
    Edited by Rylana on October 4, 2015 10:27AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I transfered to Xbox at launch, so I can't say weather things are the same on other platforms, but here are some of my opinions.

I love the sewers! When in PvP I used to love fighting in choke points and narrow areas, it makes it easier to read what is happening and your pov of the battle is so much better. So the sewers are like heaven for me. I especially love the PvE npc's been present here, as a mainly solo/very small man group player, been able to use the npc's to help combat zergs can be a game changer in certain situations.

Imperial city is okay! Tbh I think the only thing I like about the city is the close spawn points, meaning you can have some constant fights there if you wish.

Dislikes:
    The damage reduction!!! Things had to change, nobody could deny that some skills did way to much damage. But it's just that, only SOME did to much. The problem with how they implemented the damage nerf is it made the bad skills almost useless and the better skills still the best to use.
    I feel ZOS was lazy in this aspect, as they should of gone through each skill individually and buffed/nerfed where appropriate, instead of doing a flat out damage nerf.

Bind on pickup! I've never been a fan of this and it's even worse now. We had all the "why should PvE players be forced to PvP" but I'm the other hand, there are now quite a few sets the pure PvP players won't ever get unless something changes. I personally feel that either BOP should be removed, or have BOP items obtainable through PvE and PvP.

The ZERG! This is a result of the damage nerf and the way the stone system works. But the zerg is now stronger than ever. Skills like detonation need to be changed to fit the need they were created for. One option is reducing the damage even more on detonation but have the damage multiplier significant increased per enemy hit. Make it the zerg buster it was designed to be!

There's more, but I don't want to go on forever. There a some positives with IC and more negatives IMO.
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Can I rate with negative numbers?

-1. I feel like I should receive crowns for playing this DLC.
  • givitoomi
    givitoomi
    Soul Shriven
    nothing but crickets?

My feelings about this game exactly...went from a many hours daily thing on the 15th September to a tuned out, turned off thing on the 16th.

Still get the blue screens in PVP, endless load times, no more excellent spell effects...I could keep listing things but then all I hear are them crickets.

The dev team knows whats wrong, so they can fix them things or lose their jobs as no one will play soon enough...

Mo crickets

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

let it sink in

Yes, I'm that bad. I would farm mobs somewhere and then get killed. And there's absolutely nothing I could do about. Like it's not that "oh well if I did that and that, I'd win, so maybe next time", no. It's losing with absolutely no chance. Find a group? Yeah farmed in groups too. Would still wipe on bigger groups. Once got farmed by 1 player while in a group of 3.
    Because yeah, when they open on my magicka NB there's nothing I can do. Cloak? Immediate aoe+caltrops. ENough stamina for 1 cc break. Can't block for too long too. And those 10-15k hits... Not that my hots can heal through this. After I lost all my stones I tried to come back and maybe get some back, since that guy was farming us at the respawn anyway. No, no matter who started the fight, there was no way to kill him. Keeping up buffs/debuffs.. whatever. Maybe it's just that his build countered mine, more likely - I'm bad. It doesn't matter. I don't mind being killed in pvp. I mind that pvp in IC is very unrewarding experience for me.

I'm not whining, I'm sharing my pvp experience. But sure, I guess this update is not for me, right? Since I"m bad, I'm not allowed to enjoy it and should just farm stones for others or do pledges and log out. I'll spend some more time trying to get better, already joined a pvp guild, maybe someone there would be able to guide me. Will see. But if it fixes a problem for me, it won't fix it for others who can't, you know, kill a group of 3-15 people by themselves..

p.s. of course I didn't just get 12 stones. I got more than 1k, but they were all gone.

I farm 4K stones an hour solo. I don't get how you're only getting 1K in 2 hours unless you're asleep at your keyboard or something.

Secondly if you had 1K stones, after you were ganked you'd still have 200 stones not 12. If you were farming like you should be you'd have 800 stones after being ganked.

The primary reward for grinding Sewers is not the stones, it's the deconstruct mats and the keys which reward you far more. Everything you could want with stones can be bought with gold with the exception of the polymorphs and you still make a ridiculous amount of gold grinding IC. So all of your work isn't lost, just a small part of it.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I farm 4K stones an hour solo. I don't get how you're only getting 1K in 2 hours unless you're asleep at your keyboard or something.

Secondly if you had 1K stones, after you were ganked you'd still have 200 stones not 12. If you were farming like you should be you'd have 800 stones after being ganked.

The primary reward for grinding Sewers is not the stones, it's the deconstruct mats and the keys which reward you far more. Everything you could want with stones can be bought with gold with the exception of the polymorphs and you still make a ridiculous amount of gold grinding IC. So all of your work isn't lost, just a small part of it.

I didn't farm solo. I assumed, in a group I'd have more chance to survive if anything.
    Also, I was talking about PvPing. I didn't just run farming mobs all the time. That's grind - neither pve, nor pvp. Don't even try telling me that I should be forced doing that.

Now about 12stones - it's the net gain, so to say. Not the amount of stones left after one gank. There were multiple ganks, attempts to get stones back because I'd be killed right next to my respawn point and the enemy would supposedly have less resources etc. It's the result in the end, when it was just too frustrating to keep playing.

I agree that stones are the only reward. I disagree that it's just a small part of it. First off, I know what I want and if you think mats are important, well, I don't. In less than a month there will be another DLC and then one more... Gear is the last in priority. Achievements and costumes are much higher in the list. For example, if IC/sewers become dead after some update, it won't be possible to farm stones for the respective achievement, let alone polymorphs and other rare drops from bags.

I just don't get it. Do you really not understand my position? Or you think you know better than me what I find rewarding and therefore just brush my concerns off? Like, I should be happy that I spend hours for no reward, I just don't understand it?