Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to Gift the Crown Store Malachite purchase to a crafter in the game?

Tallowby
Tallowby
✭✭✭
Since these are bound to your account and those that do not have the skill to make the glass trait pieces they want is it possible to gift them?

I have had one person buy your crown offering only to notice his mistake after purchase when he could not trade them with me. The Armor Master set he wanted me to make had to wait until he could get shards that can be traded.
NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you asking this to become a feature, but at current, it's not possible to gift Crown Store purchased items. Best you can do is have them give you an XB pre-paid code for the Crowns that you then redeem and get the Malachite yourself.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you asking this to become a feature, but at current, it's not possible to gift Crown Store purchased items. Best you can do is have them give you an XB pre-paid code for the Crowns that you then redeem and get the Malachite yourself.

I can see many concerns regarding that method unfortunately. It may also be in violation of the TOS.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is they dont want to have real money involved in trading. Which is understandable. But it does make it difficult in this instance, especially concidering how rthey decided to make these things so much more difficult to obtain.

I wouldnt expect this to ever happen.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    I can see many concerns regarding that method unfortunately. It may also be in violation of the TOS.

You must have this misunderstood for something that it's not.

You can purchase Crowns through Gamestop/Amazon in the form of a digital download code. The code can then be given to a friend or family member, who can then redeem the code via Xbox Live. The code, once redeemed, will provide that person with the crowns in the amount that they were purchased for, which can then be used to purchase the Malachite or other goods. We just did this with my guild as a giveaway, with three separate codes of 3,000c, and 1,500c. Nothing about this is in violation of ToS or EULA and a great way to gift crowns to a friend/family member to either purchase an item of their choosing or, in your case, allow you to purchase Malachite to craft them armor in Glass Style.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

You must have this misunderstood for something that it's not.

You can purchase Crowns through Gamestop/Amazon in the form of a digital download code. The code can then be given to a friend or family member, who can then redeem the code via Xbox Live. The code, once redeemed, will provide that person with the crowns in the amount that they were purchased for, which can then be used to purchase the Malachite or other goods. We just did this with my guild as a giveaway, with three separate codes of 3,000c, and 1,500c. Nothing about this is in violation of ToS or EULA and a great way to gift crowns to a friend/family member to either purchase an item of their choosing or, in your case, allow you to purchase Malachite to craft them armor in Glass Style.

First Gifting to someone not expecting anything in returns is one thing. Expecting something in return for the gift is purchasing. Doing so on the crown store may be ok if they deam so. Doing so outside of the game is questionable.

So lets say I want one piece of glass gear... say a sword. You can get a gift card for only 500 crowns? If so what about the other malachite that is now bound to the crafter?

I still have an issue using real currency to buy something from another player. A give a way promotion is vastly different from buying with real money from another player.

I do believe it is against the ToS or EULA to pay someone with real money to make something in game. Also Fraud is the big risk in this scenario.

As it stands...

Player "Hey I want Glass gear and look I can get malachite on the crown store sweet.... Hey crafter make me some gear."
    Crafter "Alright send the Malachite Shards"
    Player "Shards? I got the finished trait gems no need to refine here"
    Crafter "Sorry but those are bound to you and can't be traded"
    Player "I just bought them from the crown store."
    Crafter "Sorry that is the scam ZOS is running now. Just hoping players buy before reading the caveats. I can make your gear if you send the shards :( Sorry"

Edited by Tallowby on September 30, 2015 3:09PM

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

First Gifting to someone not expecting anything in returns is one thing. Expecting something in return for the gift is purchasing. Doing so on the crown store may be ok if they deam so. Doing so outside of the game is questionable.

So lets say I want one piece of glass gear... say a sword. You can get a gift card for only 500 crowns? If so what about the other malachite that is now bound to the crafter?

I still have an issue using real currency to buy something from another player. A give a way promotion is vastly different from buying with real money from another player.

I do believe it is against the ToS or EULA to pay someone with real money to make something in game. Also Fraud is the big risk in this scenario.

As it stands...

Player "Hey I want Glass gear and look I can get malachite on the crown store sweet.... Hey crafter make me some gear."
    Crafter "Alright send the Malachite Shards"
    Player "Shards? I got the finished trait gems no need to refine here"
    Crafter "Sorry but those are bound to you and can't be traded"
    Player "I just bought them from the crown store."
    Crafter "Sorry that is the scam ZOS is running now. Just hoping players buy before reading the caveats. I can make your gear if you send the shards :( Sorry"

I don't care how you look at it, it's not illegal, it does not violate ToS nor the EULA. It would seem your idea of what is in violation is coming from your own personal opinion and decision to not spend money in the Crown Store. That's fine, you don't have to, however. Someone gifting you a downloadable code to purchase crowns to then be able to purchase crafting mats doesn't violate anything, but your own morality, no matter how wrong you think it is.

1) You can only purchase downloadable codes, legimately, from 3rd party retailers in the amount that be purchased through the Xbox Live Store.
    2) This can then be gifted, similar to the way a gift card is purchased/charged, to a friend or family member.
    3) They are welcome to redeem that code(s) for the crowns.
    4) The crowns can be used to purchase anything they see fit, as is available in the crown store and that they have the crowns for
    5) Should you choose to use those crowns to purchase Malachite to craft a friend Glass Style armor, that is solely and legitimately up to you, with no reprecussions.

ZOS still gets their money. Your not making any money off it. What would be in direct violation of TOS/EULA is making monetary profit of such an action using their intellectual property, which I would sure hope you wouldn't do.

What you describe assumes one would be doing that. If that's the case, that's on that person and you sound intelligent enough to understand what's right and what's wrong.

The redeemable code I purchased for our Guilds giveaway was given to one of the winners. He really wanted to finish upgrading his alt's mount. He used those crowns he received after redeeming the pre-paid code I purchased through www.gamestop.com (3,000c to be exact) for the same cost as can be purchased from the Xbox Live Store to purchase his mount training for his alt. Nothing was violated. No monetary gain achieved. Now, lets take this and twist it around in the way you assume will happen. The guild member gets the crowns, purchases Malachite. He posts on a third party site to craft glass armor in exchange for real-world money. That is illegal. That is in violation of TOS/EULA.

No matter how you look at it or how you want to spin it or twist it, the crowns are paid for and, once the code is redeemed, the crowns can be used in any matter that you choose so long as you're not attempting to make monetary gain off the transaction. You can't assume that everyone wants to do the latter until you see that person commit to doing so.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/terms-of-service?q=6cefd87d-8743-414c-9479-40bd8619320a&p=ce09f119-9698-4b75-996a-df969695d2d5&ts=1443627434&c=zenimaxonline&e=live&rt=Safetynet&h=b4e6e8dcecafa73d974084c49e604fa8#_EN_Toc_02

Section iv:

"By purchasing or otherwise obtaining Virtual Currency, you acknowledge and agree that all Virtual Currencies represent a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license for Your personal, private, non-commercial use of ZeniMax Services governed by these Terms of Service. Because it is a license, Virtual Currency is not property in which You have any ownership right, title, or other interest. Any Virtual Currency balance shown in Your Account does not constitute a real currency balance or reflect any monetary value."

There is no gain from doing what I suggested unless you specifically intend to do so by selling your crafted items for real world money.

Don't agree with it, don't do it. However, it's not illegal until you attempt to make monetary gain off the process.

TL:DR - No, you can't transfer crown purchased goods. That's been known from Day 1. Want to gift crowns to someone so they can purchase something? That's perfectly fine to do so using purchased downloadable codes. It's tedious and a bit more trouble than is probably necessary, but that is an option.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to quote that....

And I am not saying you are not completely correct. I am not saying that this is not a functional work around to a bad design. And I am sorry you don't care about another's view point.

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you put an official ZOS statement on this issue.

I for one have a Physics degree not a Law degree and I would never give legal advice on a public forum or even my opinion on such.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to quote that....

And I am not saying you are not completely correct. I am not saying that this is not a functional work around to a bad design. And I am sorry you don't care about another's view point.

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you put an official ZOS statement on this issue.

I for one have a Physics degree not a Law degree and I would never give legal advice on a public forum or even my opinion on such.

Yeah, it's a bad design. It would be much better if they allowed in-game Crown Store purchased items to be gifted or something to that effect. Then again, I doubt we'd ever see something like that

It wasn't my intention to say that I don't care about your point view. I apologize for that. I simply meant, no matter how you look at it, morally, ethically, legally, etc. the work around isn't in violation, however. I can easily see how ZOS could mount an accusation of a "monetary gift received", but that's neither here nor there. In the end, it really boils down to each individuals ethical capacity.

And that last part, that's a nice jab. My suggestion wasn't "legal advice". Quoting TOS is far from that.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no gifting of crown store items. This just turns into a real cash for crown items swap.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The don't want one person to buy the motif and make it for their friends.

They want all the friends to buy the motif.

That's all there is to it.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The motif material can be bought from the store in batches of ten. So it is possible to make for friends/guildmates; since ten Malachite come with motif purchase. Expensive in the long run, though.