Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

fire glyphs on inferno staffs etc.

JimbobMarley
JimbobMarley
✭✭
I made an inferno staff then glyphed it with a fire rune thinking it would add more damage , however before I added the glyph I noted the weapon damage and after adding the rune the numbers were the same . Does this mean that its pointless glyphing inferno with fire etc.
Would I be better off adding ice to inferno and vice versa . Also , what glyphs would you recommend for the resto staff?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glyphs deal damage independently of the staff.

So you will do light attack damage as one value, then if the enchantment isn't on cooldown that will also add the extra damage as a separate value.

Personally I use does magicka damage and recoverers magicka on my resto staff.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The glyphs deal damage independently of the staff.

So you will do light attack damage as one value, then if the enchantment isn't on cooldown that will also add the extra damage as a separate value.

Personally I use does magicka damage and recoverers magicka on my resto staff.

Magica recovery on the resto , of course that makes a lot more sense than the poison or disease one I was thinking of using lol. Going back to the inferno/ice does it make more sense to glyph like on like or use opposites , the reason I was thinking of was that some things are immune or resistant to certain elements so if all you had was a fire elemental would it be good to have that ice added in case you run into something immune to flames or am I overthinking this whole thing ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's down to personal preference really.

I personally use fire on fire because I am a Dunmer and as it's magical fire damage I went on the assumption I would get my bonus damage from my racial passive.

I don't think elemental weaknesses really pay much of a role within the game, at least not as much as other games. I would say go with what you feel you like, there maybe more optimal set-ups however I am not aware of them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think it's down to personal preference really.

I personally use fire on fire because I am a Dunmer and as it's magical fire damage I went on the assumption I would get my bonus damage from my racial passive.

I don't think elemental weaknesses really pay much of a role within the game, at least not as much as other games. I would say go with what you feel you like, there maybe more optimal set-ups however I am not aware of them.

Personal preference . I normally end up doing my own thing tbh , like putting the reduce cost of sprinting trait on my shoes , increase armour on shoulders etc. Not the best use of traits to buff up but it just seems so logical lol.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple of notable exceptions... EG for PvP many people use disease as I believe this has a healing de-buff associated with it.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Couple of notable exceptions... EG for PvP many people use disease as I believe this has a healing de-buff associated with it.

Does it ? I didnt realise that . I use poison and disease on my dual wield daggers on main character but I only did that because it seemed kind of nasty lol.