The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Templar's Cleansing Ritual

ZioGio
ZioGio
✭✭✭
In PvE, what does Cleansing Ritual cleanse? Bleeds? Stuns?

Does the un-morphed Cleansing Ritual only remove a harmful effect from myself, or anyone within the radius? The tooltip says "cleanse yourself...and heal nearby allies," so it sounds to me like it only cleanses the caster.

How do I know when I have a harmful effect on me that I should cleanse? I know there are addons, but I'd like to know what the visual cue is.

I ask because my main is a level 28 Templar healer/dps and I want to know more about how to properly use Cleansing Ritual, both in my solo questing and in four-man dungeons.

Thanks!
PC NA

Best Answers

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    The Cleansing Ritual skills removes damage over time debuffs (burning, disease, poison, cold, bleeds). It does not remove stuns.

If memory servers, the unmorphed skill removes an effect from you and simply heals allies (but I haven't played with the unmorphed skill in awhile, so I could be misremembering). The morphed skill does apply the cleanse to allies.

You know you have a debuff on you when your character has a visual effect applied to them. They are pretty apparent (most of the time) and make logical sense (for example, burning makes your character have flames on them, bleeding causes blood drops to fall off of them, poison is a green cloud kind of affect, etc.). The only time it can be tricky to spot is if a lot of other visual spell cues are also on your character.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 30, 2015 4:25AM
    Answer ✓
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also removes debuffs that do not do damage to you like the NB mark.

Unlike purge (PvP skill) cleanse morphs require allies to activate a synergy to get the cleanse. As already said pre morph you only cleanse yourself.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Answer ✓