The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dungeon questions.

Chanman23
Chanman23
Ok so I just joined the Undaunted, they sang me that ridiculous little song and everything. Im new to mmos, and Ive only ever done one dungeon in eso and it was on a different toon that i dont really play anymore. So, I have some questions.

1. How the heck do you level up the undaunted skill line?
2. When you do group dungeons, the dungeon scales to, party leaders level right? and for every dungeon that you do the quest, do you get a skill point?
3. If you do get skill points, can you get them at any level you go through, or do you have to do it at the level range for that zone to get the skill point?
4. Can you get skills from public dungeons too? I did one of the quests in one but didnt get a skill point...
5. Apparently you can do dungeons in different factions? Is this true? If so, how do I get to them? (before vet ranks)

Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

• mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Running the dungeons and daily normal and vet quests (get them in your alliance capital).
    2. When you do group dungeons, the dungeon scales to, party leaders level right? and for every dungeon that you do the quest, do you get a skill point?
    Yes it scales to the party leaders level. You only get a skill point for the first time you complete the quest for that dungeon.
    3. If you do get skill points, can you get them at any level you go through, or do you have to do it at the level range for that zone to get the skill point?
    Any level.
    4. Can you get skills from public dungeons too? I did one of the quests in one but didnt get a skill point...
    Skill points in public dungeons comes from the achievement of killing the main group boss.
    5. Apparently you can do dungeons in different factions? Is this true? If so, how do I get to them? (before vet ranks)
    Once you've been to one you can fast travel to it, but I'm not sure if you can get to one you've never been to before they're on your map. If a group member has it then you can fast travel to them.
    Edited by mklundub17_ESO on September 29, 2015 9:09PM
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chanman23 wrote: »
    Ok so I just joined the Undaunted, they sang me that ridiculous little song and everything. Im new to mmos, and Ive only ever done one dungeon in eso and it was on a different toon that i dont really play anymore. So, I have some questions.

Thanks for the help!

1). If you look in your Journal, there are achievements associated with group and veteran dungeons. Completing these dungeon achievements increases your Undaunted skill. Note that "public" dungeons do not count, only the instanced 4-man dungeons. You also get Undaunted skill credit from doing normal and veteran "pledges". A random dungeon is selected each day by the game as the pledge dungeon. You have to be Level 45 to do a normal pledge and VR1 to do a veteran pledge.

2). Yes, although I do not think the dungeon will scale below a certain level. So if a Level 4 player leads a group into Spindleclutch, I think it will be Level 12 because that is the "default" level for Spindleclutch. But if a Level 20 leads a group into Spindleclutch, it will be Level 20. So dungeons will scale up, but not down. Different dungeons have different default levels.

3). Any level.

4). There are "group challenge" achievements in public dungeons that give a skill point. They are not related to quests. Generally, each public dungeon has like 7 or 8 bosses. One is the "group challenge" boss and gives the skill point when you kill that boss.

5). Yes. Talk to the Undaunted at the tavern in each major city for a zone. They will tell you about all 3 dungeons for that level and add them to your map. You can then travel to them via a wayshrine. For example, in your first zone, the Undaunted NPCs will add Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, and Fungal Grotto to your map. In your second zone, they will add Wayrest Sewers, Elden Hollow, and Darkshade Caverns. And so on for each zone.
    Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    4). There are "group challenge" achievements in public dungeons that give a skill point. They are not related to quests. Generally, each public dungeon has like 7 or 8 bosses. One is the "group challenge" boss and gives the skill point when you kill that boss.

Just wanted to add to this that the "group challenge" boss is usually somewhat hidden, in that you typically have to do something in order to trigger it to appear (i.e. click on an object, kill all the mobs in a certain area, etc.).

Answer ✓
  • Chanman23
    Chanman23
    Ok thanks! This answers my questions :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5). Yes. Talk to the Undaunted at the tavern in each major city for a zone. They will tell you about all 3 dungeons for that level and add them to your map. You can then travel to them via a wayshrine. For example, in your first zone, the Undaunted NPCs will add Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, and Fungal Grotto to your map. In your second zone, they will add Wayrest Sewers, Elden Hollow, and Darkshade Caverns. And so on for each zone.
    agree.gif
    You need to find the Undaunted in each zone and talk to them. They will put the dungeons on your map for fast-travel.
  • Chanman23
    Chanman23
    Thank you all for your responses, and for making them detailed too! This will definately help me in my dungeon crawling. I appreciate it.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Just wanted to add to this that the "group challenge" boss is usually somewhat hidden, in that you typically have to do something in order to trigger it to appear (i.e. click on an object, kill all the mobs in a certain area, etc.).

The Primary requisite for the group Challenge is that there MUST be more than 1 Player in the Public Dungeon at the time or it won't spawn.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank