Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grief play? Marked to kill by own faction!

Prodigy1971
Prodigy1971
✭✭
I was questing yesterday in Cyrodiil / Bruma. I like questing there, cos the quests give good exp and money, are quickly done and there is a little bit of pvp from time to time.

But yesterday there was a player from my own faction (Daggerfall) that teamed up with some Ebonhearts... I play as NB and rely on stealth alot. That guy wasnt attacked by the Ebonhearts and always showed them my position by standing close to me...

He followed me and I had no chance in hiding from the Ebonhearts (3-4 of them).

So they knew exactly where I was and AOE me out of stealth to easily kill me over and over.

The problem is: I cannot hide from my own faction... and I cannot attack my own faction. So what can I do in this situation other than leave the area???
Edited by Prodigy1971 on September 25, 2015 7:48AM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report them I suppose.

EP is a lame faction my blue brethren. They do lame stuff. At least feel good knowing you are on the right side.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definetly report them.

I would say this is not about a faction; as a die-hard RPer I have characters in every faction. This is about one particular person being a ... well I'm sure any actual descriptive term I use would be censored, so I'll just say #$%!#%@#$

No matter the faction, no player that I respect would act like that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Report them I suppose.

EP is a lame faction my blue brethren. They do lame stuff. At least feel good knowing you are on the right side.

Says the faction of zergs and bitting jab spammers.

But back on topic you report them for griefing.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on September 25, 2015 2:15PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wish for friendly fire.

I personally cant think of anything to do in game. Maybe get some buddies and attack back. Stay close to the guy so he gets hit with some aoes?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if stealth/invisibility hid you from anyone not in your group.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are on PC EU this is not new - I've encountered 2 or 3 DC players that will, for example, come and stand in the middle of a stealthed raid and basically wave at the enemy. Just put them on your don't res list - I don't think they are breaking any actual rules nor whether they are actively spying or just trolls.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spying & forming Alliances is a valid tactic in Cyrodiil as confirmed by Brian Wheeler in a very old thread buried somewhere on the forums, the only thing you can do is not go back really, change campaigns or wait a little bit, yes the Covenant player is being an *** but there's nothing you can do about it, and reporting him isn't going to get anything accomplished.
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens ALL the time. especially if there is something to be gained. (cracked wood cave) Now I've never done what the OP has done...

But while I've been in some DC pvp guilds a tactic has been to get a player in an enemy raid, and over TS figure out where that raid is and bring the rest of the group ball behind them and slaughter them. Not many of us Pvp'ers like the tactic at all...but it is and has been done for a long long time. Reporting it will do nothing. while it may technically be against the rules or whatever; it is unenforceable.

Only thing u can do is Name them in the pvp guilds as a pvp spy, and he won't get invited to those ever again. Only thing u can really do.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He may not have been a spy. He may have just been, well, *not smart*.

If it was spy behavior, there should be a way to mark someone for espionage.

Treason during time of war, of course punishable by death.

Get marked legitimately this way, and there should be no more stealth nor friendly heals - you become an enemy to all factions.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC EU this is not new - I've encountered 2 or 3 DC players that will, for example, come and stand in the middle of a stealthed raid and basically wave at the enemy. Just put them on your don't res list - I don't think they are breaking any actual rules nor whether they are actively spying or just trolls.

I will, most of the time, come in and jump visible on a stealthed DC raid just because i hate and do not promote this kind of gameplay. If you are not happy about it, you are welcome to leave the campaign.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

I will, most of the time, come in and jump visible on a stealthed DC raid just because i hate and do not promote this kind of gameplay. If you are not happy about it, you are welcome to leave the campaign.

You mean you do not like people using tactics in a war game so you feel you have some sort of right to disrupt others? You juat be a delight to know irl!

Well nothing in the rules to stop you being that way and I doubt my contempt will stop you either.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was questing yesterday in Cyrodiil / Bruma. I like questing there, cos the quests give good exp and money, are quickly done and there is a little bit of pvp from time to time.

But yesterday there was a player from my own faction (Daggerfall) that teamed up with some Ebonhearts... I play as NB and rely on stealth alot. That guy wasnt attacked by the Ebonhearts and always showed them my position by standing close to me...

He followed me and I had no chance in hiding from the Ebonhearts (3-4 of them).

So they knew exactly where I was and AOE me out of stealth to easily kill me over and over.

The problem is: I cannot hide from my own faction... and I cannot attack my own faction. So what can I do in this situation other than leave the area???

If you're one of those annoying NBs who blinks in and out so your opponent can't land any hits.... this could be the reason you have enemies. Just sayin' :*
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen before, six-ish months ago on my DC char, with AD using one of our own to track people. I whispered the DC dude, politely asking him to stealth so the AD zerg couldn't see us. I got no response, just a /wave. I promptly used zone chat to declare him a TRAITOR (gasp!) and telling people not to group with him. He backed off after that.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report them I suppose.

Says the faction of zergs and bitting jab spammers.

But back on topic you report them for griefing.

@Forestd16b14_ESO

People playing a class in a zerg game zerging using class skills? PREPOSTEROUS!
    Edited by Cathexis on September 26, 2015 5:05PM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if stealth/invisibility hid you from anyone not in your group.

THIS.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean you do not like people using tactics in a war game so you feel you have some sort of right to disrupt others? You juat be a delight to know irl!

Well nothing in the rules to stop you being that way and I doubt my contempt will stop you either.

There is a difference between using tactics in a war game and playing like a (insert a word). My eyes are bleeding. I would, as i said, jump in unstealthed and give away your position so you would fight and actually learn to PvP.
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on September 28, 2015 7:47PM
    ~ @Niekas ~

• a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭

There is a difference between using tactics in a war game and playing like a (insert a word). My eyes are bleeding. I would, as i said, jump in unstealthed and give away your position so you would fight and actually learn to PvP.

I actually agree with you to be honest. The fact that 50 people all in their shiny pimp robes and massive spiky armour can apparently "stealth" or "hide" in the middle of a field is just stupid. And lets face it, 9 times out of 10 it is not a valid tactic used by 'x' zerg to sneak up on 'x' zerg.. The chances are, the stealthed group will be too frightened to attack the other group running past but will instead wait for that 1 straggler to go past.

I have seen it time and time again and have been in a group that has used this "tactic" to take down that mighty level 10. So yes, I would probably do the same as you nowadays.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Report them I suppose.

Sorry but im ep player and encountered the exact same thing with blue players too
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • david31741
    david31741
    ✭✭
    yeah, i miss old skool stealth for this reason. I am unsure why we are visible to our faction when stealthed...
    Adrianne Avenicci - Warmaiden of Whiterun
    Inelukki - Bolting Frag Spammer