Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

hundings rage and shieldbreaker armor sets for stamina nightblade

Bats0828
Bats0828
anyone here using the two armor sets for their nightblade? which one is better with the 5 pc bonus set? i am currently using bow and dual wield? should i go for the 5 pc bonus set of shield breaker and then 4 pc bonus for hundings since swords can be crafted in hundings rage? or if you have any other idea about what crafted armor sets that will be better combination for my stamina nightblade. thanks
  • saiyan_84
    saiyan_84
    ✭✭✭
    My usual set up is 5x hundings rage, 4x morag tong and 2 shadow walker 2h/bow. big dmg but lacking on the stam regen. got the setup from kerviz when he still played. if I did any pve at all I would definitely replace 4 morag and 2 shadow walker with 2 molag kena and 3 agility and something else.

when all I see is shield stacking sorcs and magicka nightblades on the field, which happens very often, i switch to 5x shield breaker, 4x shadow walker 3 agility dw/2h. decent dmg and tons of stam regen. shield breaker does its job.

i dont run the 2 sets together because the strength of each set is in their 5 piece bonus.

i would like to try the more tankier willows path builds but i dont have s&b lvled at all =(
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • sun.fire85b14_ESO
    I'm using two armor sets. Stamina NB, Dual Wield/Bow. 5 piece "Powerful Onslaught" 4 piece "Ashen Grip". My build is PvP focused for groups, I found shield breaker 'meh' for group pvp.
  • Bats0828
    Bats0828
    what about 5 pc hundings rage for the armors and 4 pc ashens grip (2 pc armor and 2 weapons for dual wield to get the 4 pc bonus)? i am vet 14 at the moment and hopefully to hit vet 16 today. i don't have one of the better or best drop sets for rings, armor sets and weapons. i only buy what my gold can afford like crafted armor sets. i only play pvp with this character. and i am still using vet 6 armor set of hundings and vet 9 of shield breaker...
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    5pc Hundings is good as it will provide you with 299 Weapon Damage and some crit as well.

Most weapon damage stackers prior to 2.1 ran SWx2, MTx4, and HRx5.
    Now the obvious choice is Venomx5, Agilx3, NMx3 or a mix match. Hundings will do you well until you get your drop set. Shieldbreaker is rather inferior to all the above when not fighting a magicka Sorc.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding *5 and ashen *3/4 are never a wrong choice. Good overall armor since the launch of the game. I run as stamina hunding for ages if stamina build.

Currently I want to craft my V16 gear and still wonder should I, again, do hunding *5 and 3* ashen (+3 agility). I also want something else but I don't have the PvE gear (I do want it, but don't want to do pledges anymore. it's so boring). I used not long ago Hunding *5 and shadow walker *5 and a master bow. But shadow don't get V16 so I drop that.

Although im a magicka build right now (as a Breton I though it to be better choice) I do miss my bow :'( . But must admit I do like running around as a bald vampire in a tuxedo suit trying to backstab people (fighting mobs) with impale
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."