The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Same things that were OP before are still OP

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
And the circle continiues...

The same things that were OP in 1.6 are still imbalanced in 1.7.

You can still stack shields for 20+ k, frags still hit for 12k damage, overload light attacks still hit for 10 k damage, snipe still hit for 10k damage, surprise attack still hit for 9k damage, critical charge 8-9 k too, people can still infinite dodge-roll and the list goes on.

On the other hand, things that were mediocre and semi-useful for actually countering this imbalanced were nerfed. Blazing shield, radiant oppression, lava whip and blocking just to name some of the things.

Why not address the broken abilities and buff the underpowered abilities rather than just trying to "correct" it with a blanket reduction to damage and healing - which didn't actually work. Damage is still up there, but healing was nerfed.

I can't help but wondering - what's the end game here @ZoS?
Edited by Baphomet on September 27, 2015 10:44AM
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got the IC DLC yesterday and jumped in and had a go at it, after about a month of inactivity.
    The supposed "fixes" and changes to time to kill are nowhere to be seen. People are still getting one shotted, big groups of 12 players are still losing to three enemy players who use certain gear and spells. Sorc shields are still impenetrable (spending all my stamina on attacks sometimes doesn't make a single dent in enemy HP).

Not sure where ESO is headed but I've a hard time figuring out how to enjoy this game at the moment.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Well, to be honest, damage is lower than prepatch. But if you have fully upgraded gear you still can hit like a truck, especially on NBs.

My NBs Surprise attack hit for 12k. Prepatch it was like 15-18k
    My Dks Heavy attacks hit for 10-15k. Prepatch it was like 25-30k.

The problem is the animation canceling. For example on NB Ambush>Harvest> Surprise attack all in 1s =rip.
    On DK HA> Pois Inj> La= rip
    To be safe to survive such combos stack HP to like 30k and you should be fine.
    And ye well, Shieldspamming can be avoided by using Shieldbreaker, sadly it is the only "reliable" choice.
    Edited by Alcast on September 27, 2015 9:24AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I am talking about - you shouldn't step on a dadric mine and take 8 k of damage, you shouldn't be able to spam steel tornado for 5-6 k per hit (not counting execution range) and so on and so forth... well, at least you shouldn't be able to according to Zenimax. But here we are... again!

Any chance some of these abilities will be addressed anytime soon @ZOS? It's not like we've been waiting since... oh, since 1.6 came out ;-)
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I barely get hit for more than 8k on my light armor sorc, Im not sure where you get these numbers from but above 10k hits are really rare these days.

If you use the Kagrenac's Hope 5-set its possible thats the cause of the higg dmg numbers you take.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    you shouldn't be able to spam steel tornado for 5-6 k per hit (not counting execution range) )

That is seriously weird. Its like lets group 4-5 people and steel tornado everything you see, they will be dead. Kinda broken.
    Edited by Ganj on September 27, 2015 10:09AM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only skills I am getting hit hard are - surprise attack/conceled weapon, radiant destruction (17k is really not ok), Assasins will (this hits also for 17k (got hit also by 19k) - its stronger than ultimate, I dont think its affected by battle spirit at all), Killers blade hitting for 12k while mages wrath hitting for 5k... ehm, that is not ok either even for an execute. Wrecking blow still hitting for 8k most of the time, sometimes for above 10k. Funnel health, sorry but something that can hit you each time for 7k and is spammable is too much.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the solution is here. You list some of the most powerful damaging attacks for their respective class or weapon skill lines and state that they are doing a large amount of damage?

If all damaging attacks do less than 5k damage like you seem to be suggesting, any small semblance of small-scale combat that is left in TESO will be gone. Want to kill a player? Better have a zerg.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shogunami wrote: »
    big groups of 12 players are still losing to three enemy players

I dont understand why this is bad...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since patch I am rarely ever one shotted
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    And the circle continiues...

The same things that were OP in 1.6 are still imbalanced in 1.7.

You can still stack shields for 20+ k, frags still hit for 12k damage, overload light attacks still hit for 10 k damage, snipe still hit for 10k damage, surprise attack still hit for 9k damage, critical charge 8-9 k too, people can still infinite dodge-roll and the list goes on.

On the other hand, things that were mediocre and semi-useful for actually countering this imbalanced were nerfed. Blazing shield, radiant oppression, lava whip and blocking just to name some of the things.

Why not address the broken abilities and buff the underpowered abilities rather than just trying to "correct" it with a blanket reduction to damage and healing - which didn't actually work. Damage is still up there, but healing was nerfed.

I can't help but wondering - what's the end game here @ZoS?

How to you stack shields to 20k? 9k hardened + 6k dampen = 15k ward, 6k of which ignores physical damage. Healing ward should be seen as a heal as the ward itself only lasts 6 secs. The most I've seen my frags crit for is 8k and I have 34k magicka and 3k spell damage and 38cp in thaumaturge. I have been hit for a few 12k surprise attacks though.
    PC | EU
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is hilarious.

You're clearly advocating for your favored classes and abilities.

Most of the things you're whinning about are Sorc abilities with NBs rounding it out. Meanwhile, Sorcs feel like they've been massively nerfed between the repeated Bolt Escape nerfs and the shield breaker set which basically turns their mitigation into extra damage.

From what I can see, the game is actually really well balanced right now. The best it's been since launch.

When people from every class are complaining, it's a good sign. When no one agrees on what needs to be nerfed/buffed, it's a good sign.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shogunami wrote: »
    big groups of 12 players are still losing to three enemy players

I dont understand why this is bad...

It's actually a great thing. Unfortunately those 12 players have to be REAL bad for that to happen in the games current state.

rip decibel
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree on the damage shields. There is one class that is and has been OP with regard to damage shields. Hilariously, they were impacted by the damage shield nerf the least.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    it's all about Champion Points and set pieces these days. skill not required.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    This is hilarious.

You're clearly advocating for your favored classes and abilities.

Most of the things you're whinning about are Sorc abilities with NBs rounding it out. Meanwhile, Sorcs feel like they've been massively nerfed between the repeated Bolt Escape nerfs and the shield breaker set which basically turns their mitigation into extra damage.

From what I can see, the game is actually really well balanced right now. The best it's been since launch.

When people from every class are complaining, it's a good sign. When no one agrees on what needs to be nerfed/buffed, it's a good sign.

That's because sorc and nightblades are the most played class right now, in PvE and PvP. And they are the most played because they are still overpowered and broken as f*ck. So it make sense he would make a thread about these particular classes.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same story as in 1.6 - the classes are actually rather well-balanced, but the issue is a few abilities which disrupts the overall balance. Those abilities just happens to sorc and nb abilities. Address that and we'll have a much better product.

And on a side note, it is actually true what was said in a previous post. This innovative and responsive game has more or less been reduced to be about gear - it's so sad to see that the actual player skill requirement has meant less and less over the last half a year or so.
    Edited by Baphomet on September 28, 2015 7:28PM
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore