The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Damage reduction in PvP

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How do you feel about it
Edited by Strider_Roshin on September 26, 2015 11:25AM

Damage reduction in PvP 57 votes

It's perfect at 50%
33%
NordJitsuKasTankqullPhatGrimReaperChefZeroMorosetplink3r1CathexisColardArchmage1DerraTomatoPersonofsecretsFriedEggSandwichFlounderOGgilbeggerAlucardoProdigy1971Eagleheart 19 votes
Too harsh, needs to be at 45%
1%
Balinor13 1 vote
Too harsh, needs to be at 40%
10%
iTzSteveyPainfulFAFAErondilStrider_RoshinMaster_KasGunphu 6 votes
Too harsh, needs to be at 35%
28%
TheLawrevcasyJitterbugFarorinGanjDraxysItsRejectzisekoJoey053NadestepperMrTarkanian48IV_DeityBosov1Grumpy_dunmer1Bon_ChenWollust 16 votes
It was perfect at 20%
17%
baddabumb16_ESODovresMalvenFireCowCommandoPchelaOdinForgeTheDarkShadowxEcthelionxXxSpadeHandxXBassSparxCaim12 10 votes
Other
8%
kadarArmitasShogunamiToRelaxAsmael 5 votes
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect at 50%
    Honestly think it´s fine since i´ve completed my gear.

If they were to change it again they´d have to change heal and shield reduction too.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect at 50%
    Derra wrote: »
    Honestly think it´s fine since i´ve completed my gear.

If they were to change it again they´d have to change heal and shield reduction too.

I agree; I don't have any issues with my ttk and I'm still wearing 4 pieces of v14 gear. Feels like the damage reduction was just to accommodate the extra 2 vet ranks.
    PC | EU
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too harsh, needs to be at 40%
    My issue with it is it makes it very difficult for one person to take on many. The increase in ttk has given more strength to numbers.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect at 50%
    My issue with it is it makes it very difficult for one person to take on many. The increase in ttk has given more strength to numbers.

Like i´ve stated - fights are not lasting longer for me.

What´s changed is the ability to direct the fight because they´ve nerfed escapeability (for sorc) quite a bit. Also you have to sacrifice sustain for dmg now. If i would try to fight ppl with a similar sustain build i´ve been using in 1.6 i could not kill anything. The meta has shifted towards dmg even more.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typical stuff. Devs say they don't want to nerf stuff too hard... We go from getting one shot constantly to taking 3 years to kill anyone.

rip decibel
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Only the new gear allows for the damage needed to keep ttk at an acceptable level. Of course, that flat reduction with the illusion of progression through better gear and the CS only causes more problems. What do you think happens with non vet PvP when V16 stuff is needed to kill people? What's with all the builds who that didn't already stack damage in 1.6? And how are they going to handle this in the future? 65% reduction and 400 more damage on v18 weapons compared to v16 or what?

So yeah, 50% isn't that bad right now, although I feel it's a bit too high. But I won't vote for that, just like I don't agree with any balance changes that are only "necessary" because of the CS and the removal of softcaps without substitution, instead of adressing the core issues.
    Edited by ToRelax on September 27, 2015 2:53AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's far too much now. Fights are never ending now.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt aware their is any reduction. when a lv 26 NB can do rapid back to back 4-7k dmg hits to a VR5 in heavy with buffs up, then something is very wrong.
    Edited by Alexandrious on September 28, 2015 7:28AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect at 50%
    Was difficult in the beginning, but I'm used to it now, and it's nice not getting 2 hit unexpectedly. Leave it.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was okay, until I started getting into fights that ended up with both of us getting bored and walking away after fighting for so long.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's perfect at 50%
    Farorin wrote: »
    I thought it was okay, until I started getting into fights that ended up with both of us getting bored and walking away after fighting for so long.
    That happened to me once at the beginning. It was a 30 minute fight between two magicka nbs. We both had good sustain and defence but weak damage, so it was kind of going no where. She walked away in the end and I didn't even bother chasing.
    On my DK I haven't had this issue. All the 1v1 fights I've won (so far), but I do find it a lot harder in 1vX now.
    Edited by Alucardo on September 28, 2015 7:55AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's both too high and too low depending on the circumstances because they failed to address specific problems and instead chose to apply and second layer of bandaids.
    Edited by Armitas on September 28, 2015 3:37PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Remove vet ranks, so that you don't have to bother with the balance between battle-leveled and non battle-leveled.

Separate battle spirit between vet and non-vet (and when you change something... TEST IT, BwB says hello)

Tweak skills / gear / battle spirit scaling so that you don't have to put healing / shield reduction, and only need either no or a very small damage mitigation.

Sieges and NPCs are unaffected by battle spirit mitigation (and balance IC mobs around it to prevent OS-ing just about every single player).

Buff Cyrodiil NPCs, even if it's just a little (neutral mobs especially).

Basically? What should have been done since the beginning instead of adding band-aid mitigation.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.