The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trading threads vs vamp / ww bite

Duff-Paddy
Struggling to see the logic here:

Players looking for / offering bites is a form of trading, and there are numerous threads regarding this type of service.

However you post a thread requesting someone who can craft x number of traits on x gear and it gets deleted within seconds by a mod followed by a private message...

Doesn't make much sense!

Edited by Duff-Paddy on September 28, 2015 1:14PM
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trading is not allowed on the forums. Trading vampire/ww threads are also not allowed on the forums. However, the mods were thoughtful enough to create a thread for each megaserver for people who are offering bites for FREE or looking for FREE bites to post in. The difference between trading threads and the bite threads is the bite threads are offering a FREE service and not asking for payment.
  • Duff-Paddy
    My thread was asking for someone who can create a specific item, I offered no payment and was merely asking to find someone to talk to that could maybe help me out.

Without text chat on console it's hard to find someone and frustrating when you ask the community if anyone can help only to have your post deleted.

This no trading policy needs to be amended and have a trading forum introduced
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duff-Paddy wrote: »
    My thread was asking for someone who can create a specific item, I offered no payment and was merely asking to find someone to talk to that could maybe help me out.

Without text chat on console it's hard to find someone and frustrating when you ask the community if anyone can help only to have your post deleted.

This no trading policy needs to be amended and have a trading forum introduced

Yeah not long ago I wanted someone to make a specific bow for me, thought maybe there would be a section here where crafters have a thread and people can request items from them, but nope. Would be nice if there was something like that. Ended up just having to wait and level up so I could make it myself.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Duff-Paddy
    Well something that needs 8 traits isn't easy to come by, and you have a forum where you should be able to ask the community about it but no, turns out you can't ask that question which is bulls**t.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah its a shame. I can understand that they don't want "WTS/WTB" spam threads, because I can imagine it would be a nightmare. But a simple forum section where crafters can offer their services shouldn't cause issues. They get to spread their name too, see players using their items, since it says "crafted by...", I'm sure lots of people would like to help the community this way.
    Edited by Glaiceana on September 28, 2015 3:02PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Duff-Paddy
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Yeah its a shame. I can understand that they don't want "WTS/WTB" spam threads, because I can imagine it would be a nightmare. But a simple forum section where crafters can offer their services shouldn't cause issues. They get to spread their name too, see players using their items, since it says "crafted by...", I'm sure lots of people would like to help the community this way.

I can't get my head around why they don't promote this either
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame, really. I "heard" someone barking their crafting services on PC zone chat last night and I thought having a "billboard" on a trade forum would be a good idea for that sort of thing, not to mention the benefit it would provide console players who don't currently have a text chat feature.
    PC NA
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZioGio Yeah that's exactly the point. Rather than just banning anything to do with asking for a service, just control it correctly, and allow decent crafters to offer their items.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!