Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructing?

HisShadowX
HisShadowX
✭✭✭
So I've been gone for two months and I just deconstructed all my items and found I barely got any metal at all. Did they change the rates or something?
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you remember to put skill points into crafting, since you got a free respec after new patch? Also, vr15 and vr16 stuff only give 1 mat each.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Did you put your skill points back in de passives?
    The resetted all our skill points with the last patch.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:neutral:

• psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭

Lol :smile: your reply was not there when i was typing mine.

Apologies my dear lord *humble bow*
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol :smile: your reply was not there when i was typing mine.

Apologies my dear lord *humble bow*

haha I know :D just found it funny to comment with that face . I laughed of myself when i did that :D

• HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I put back all my skills back into everything. Did they nerf deconstructing or something?
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    HisShadowX wrote: »
    Yes I put back all my skills back into everything. Did they nerf deconstructing or something?

From my understanding it is one of there favourite things they do.

They nerf everything :wink:
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the newest changes has completely nerfed the amount of Inspiration that you gain from deconstructing stolen items, or items with zero monetary value. You should still be able to acquire mats from the deconstruction process though.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

One of the newest changes has completely nerfed the amount of Inspiration that you gain from deconstructing stolen items, or items with zero monetary value. You should still be able to acquire mats from the deconstruction process though.

My personal experience is a hit rate at gaining mats from deconstruct of zero value items is about 1 in 10, & even then, at a very reduced quantity & quality.
    I literally do about 200 zero value a day as I farm/thieve everything & anything, everywhere & anywhere.
    Edited by Swindy on September 27, 2015 3:55AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »

My personal experience is a hit rate at gaining mats from deconstruct of zero value items is about 1 in 10, & even then, at a very reduced quantity & quality.
    I literally do about 200 zero value a day as I farm/thieve everything & anything ,everywhere & anywhere.

That's a shame. I guess Zenimax didn't have anything more important to fix.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also deconstructing stuff you built yourself gives low inspiration
  • Destroyah380

Lel I never got inspiration or items at all from zero value items, even with the passives maxed out before the update. That's why that one way to farm daedra hearts in ebonheart never worked for me
  • EddieHavok
    I'm finding that although the white items are giving far less ingots (in my experience) it seems that the green and blue are having some nice returns.
    LFG/PS4/NA/EP/SorcV4
  • matcumb
    matcumb
    ✭✭✭
    EddieHavok wrote: »
    I'm finding that although the white items are giving far less ingots (in my experience) it seems that the green and blue are having some nice returns.

What the man said ^
    "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things." - Cadwell