Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PLUS

Bowdowntogreatness
I've purchased the monthly membership cam someone tell me the perks of having the monthly premium membership.
What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger
  • M3mn0ch_1987
    1500 Crowns per month. Free access to DLC whilst sub is active. 10% XP Increase
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ya hover over the eso+ buff on your character page it shows the in game benefits and as mentioned above crowns and dlc access
    Edited by Mighty_oakk on September 24, 2015 2:53PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also faster researching and increased inspiration as well as (coming soon or eventually whichever comes first) a seperate inventory for crafting supplies.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Free crowns based on your subscription period
    - 10% bonus to exp, gold gained, crafting research and any inspiration received (like crafting experience)
    - Access to any DLCs while you remain subbed. Should you cancel you will lose access, but you can buy them using the free crowns if you saved them.
    - Also.. wait, nope, that's it

I find most of it useless except the quicker research time and 10% extra inspiration on crafting. Personally I find that the only thing appealing.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also provides you with a soapbox which you can use on the forums to make your views more important that that of the poor "standard" members :wink:
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It also provides you with a soapbox which you can use on the forums to make your views more important that that of the poor "standard" members :wink:

Gotta disagree with that 1. Not a subscriber myself due to monetary pinching but I have made differences here.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 Crowns per month.
    It's worth noting that the 1500 crowns per month are all provided up front based on whichever subscription plan you go with. So if you go with a month-to-month plan where you pay for 1 month at a time then you get your 1500 crowns each month. If you go with a 3 month plan where you pay for 3 months at a time in advance, you get 4500 crowns up front, and then no more until the plan renews, and so on.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Bowdowntogreatness
    I definitely appreciate everyone that gave me insight on the benefits of the ESO Membership
    What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely appreciate everyone that gave me insight on the benefits of the ESO Membership

Or lack thereof ;)
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    After looking at the membership bonuses, I don'#t want it. it's absolutely not worth it in my opinion. maybe if the exp buffs were bigger, but not as it is now.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    - Free crowns based on your subscription period
    - 10% bonus to exp, gold gained, crafting research and any inspiration received (like crafting experience)
    - Access to any DLCs while you remain subbed. Should you cancel you will lose access, but you can buy them using the free crowns if you saved them.
    - Also.. wait, nope, that's it

I find most of it useless except the quicker research time and 10% extra inspiration on crafting. Personally I find that the only thing appealing.

Should be add that you get all the crown at start of subscribe period everytime i renew my 6 month subscribe period i get all crown right away.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapthorne wrote: »
    After looking at the membership bonuses, I don'#t want it. it's absolutely not worth it in my opinion. maybe if the exp buffs were bigger, but not as it is now.
    To me it's worth it because I know I'll spend those crowns anyway, so I might as well get the 10% bonuses (the reduced research time being the most valuable one in my mind) and access to DLC without having to spend crowns on it.

If you wouldn't be using that many crowns anyway, then it's not worth it unless you're thinking about buying a DLC. If you're thinking about buying a DLC, then rather than just buying the crowns and spending them on the DLC, the smarter thing to do is get a 1 month ESO+ membership, try out the DLC for a month, and then decide whether you want to buy it outright. If you like the DLC enough to buy it, then your 1 month membership already gave you 1500 crowns towards the cost of buying it. If you don't like it enough to buy it, then hang on to the crowns until the next DLC comes out, and do the same thing for that one. If you like that DLC enough to buy it then you'll have 3000 crowns, so you can go ahead and buy it outright.

The bottom line is that an ESO+ membership is definitely worth it for some people, and definitely not worth it for other people. Everyone has to decide for themselves what category they fall into.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Rapthorne wrote: »
    To me it's worth it because I know I'll spend those crowns anyway, so I might as well get the 10% bonuses (the reduced research time being the most valuable one in my mind) and access to DLC without having to spend crowns on it.

If you wouldn't be using that many crowns anyway, then it's not worth it unless you're thinking about buying a DLC. If you're thinking about buying a DLC, then rather than just buying the crowns and spending them on the DLC, the smarter thing to do is get a 1 month ESO+ membership, try out the DLC for a month, and then decide whether you want to buy it outright. If you like the DLC enough to buy it, then your 1 month membership already gave you 1500 crowns towards the cost of buying it. If you don't like it enough to buy it, then hang on to the crowns until the next DLC comes out, and do the same thing for that one. If you like that DLC enough to buy it then you'll have 3000 crowns, so you can go ahead and buy it outright.

The bottom line is that an ESO+ membership is definitely worth it for some people, and definitely not worth it for other people. Everyone has to decide for themselves what category they fall into.

Well said @UrQuan. This is pretty much where I fell. I will only buy DLC. I have no interest in costumes, I want to look like the armor I'm wearing. I will not buy consumables, if I don't earn it "in-game", my character shouldn't have it, right? I will not buy any special fantasy mount, unless ZOS starts to justify their existence in the game. I will rarely buy pets, I'm happy with the ones I have now. I will rarely buy mounts, because, again... happy with what I have.

I have bought all these things to see if I would enjoy/use them.... my desire for my ESO gameplay doesn't include magically pulling items out of no-where while I'm out and about. If these items were available by merchants then I would likely buy them. First and foremost the most important aspect of my gameplay is the narrative of each of my characters... and the Crown Store kind of ruins that narrative for me. :confused:

So, consequently... I really don't use Crowns. If I need them, it's best to buy a 5500 Crown pack for $40
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really imo the only reason to have eso+ is to support zos. Up to you if you feel they deserve your support.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I will not buy consumables, if I don't earn it "in-game", my character shouldn't have it, right?
    Even aside from that (and I'm not at all surprised by your reasoning, knowing how immersion-oriented you are), the crown store consumables really aren't worth getting anyway, as the ones you can earn "in-game" are better. The only exception would be the crown store repair kits, but most people need to use repair kits pretty rarely anyway. I picked up a pack of the crown store repair kits a month or two ago, and I think I've used 2 of them (it was handy when I did use them though).

The stuff I usually buy from the crown store is costumes (but I'm picky about which ones I get, as more often than not I prefer to have my actual gear showing), mounts (because each of my characters has his/her own mount that is appropriate for that particular character), pets (again, because each of my characters has his/her own pet that is appropriate for that particular character), and, um, actually I guess that's pretty much it.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I will not buy consumables, if I don't earn it "in-game", my character shouldn't have it, right?
    Even aside from that (and I'm not at all surprised by your reasoning, knowing how immersion-oriented you are), the crown store consumables really aren't worth getting anyway, as the ones you can earn "in-game" are better. The only exception would be the crown store repair kits, but most people need to use repair kits pretty rarely anyway. I picked up a pack of the crown store repair kits a month or two ago, and I think I've used 2 of them (it was handy when I did use them though).

The stuff I usually buy from the crown store is costumes (but I'm picky about which ones I get, as more often than not I prefer to have my actual gear showing), mounts (because each of my characters has his/her own mount that is appropriate for that particular character), pets (again, because each of my characters has his/her own pet that is appropriate for that particular character), and, um, actually I guess that's pretty much it.

LOL. I totally bought a pack of repair kits (like I said, I bought stuff to try them. I want to be supportive! :smiley:) and I really enjoyed those. Click.. 100% repaired! When I ran out I went to the crown store and hovered over the "buy" option for the repair kits and had a pang of doubt. I felt like I was cheating. I'm in the middle of the wild... and *ding* I have repair kits!

Needless to say, I didn't buy 'em.

You and I think very similarly. My characters have THEIR mounts and THIER pets. If ZOS wants me to buy more mounts or pets... It would have to be for new characters which would require new character slots. Of course, I would prefer ZOS to allow us to have Mixed Race Offspring characters. Hey, I try to never miss an opportunity to peddle my concepts. :wink:

Edited by Gidorick on September 25, 2015 12:07AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!