The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

writs and Craghorn

dss
dss
I have three alts doing crafting. They are 11, 15 & 20 level and I hadn't planned on leveling them more than was needed to acquire skill points. I would like to know at what skill level the Craghorn turn ins start. This is my wall, since they will never be vets.

I have level 50 provisioning and maxed skills -- she is still doing level 5 writs in the Hollow City. At what point will this be true in the other crafts? I'm especially interested to know for enchanting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only get Writ Drops offs for Craglorn if you can get there, that means Vet1. I can't remember if you have to finish the MQ also, that may not be a requirement to get to the zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dss
    dss
    Yes, I know that I can't get the Craglorn writs. But that means that my provisioner can never get level 6 writs.

So the question is, at what level will that happen for my other crafters?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You only get Writ Drops offs for Craglorn if you can get there, that means Vet1. I can't remember if you have to finish the MQ also, that may not be a requirement to get to the zone.

No, you just have to be VR. My Sorceror is in Craglorn doing writs, I don't think he's able to complete the MQ without me breaking the keyboard in frustration.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • dss
    dss
    I seems I'm having a problem getting my question across.

My question is, at what SKILL level would writs go to Craglorn? Because at that level my never to be vet characters will no longer advance in their writs.

For provisioning, I am still getting level 5 writs, instead of level 6 because I can't go to Craglorn. At what level will that happen for my other crafters?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dss wrote: »
    Yes, I know that I can't get the Craglorn writs. But that means that my provisioner can never get level 6 writs.

So the question is, at what level will that happen for my other crafters?

You dont seem to understand.. the writs for ALL crafts will stop with level 40 writs, crafting tier 7, until you get access to Coldharbor via finishing the main story. Then you cant get any higher until you get level 50, VR rank and access to Craglorn.. Mine have been level 50 crafters for over a year, with access to Tier 10 mats to make VR16 gear, and can only do writs to the last zone before Coldharbor because their char level is 20ish.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 24, 2015 1:07AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dss wrote: »
    I seems I'm having a problem getting my question across.

My question is, at what SKILL level would writs go to Craglorn? Because at that level my never to be vet characters will no longer advance in their writs.

For provisioning, I am still getting level 5 writs, instead of level 6 because I can't go to Craglorn. At what level will that happen for my other crafters?

Skill level means crap when you have to have a char level or unlock a quest to get access to the next zone.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    this might help: uesp.net/wiki/Online:Enchanter_Writ

It looks like Potency Improvement 6 writs will need to be turned in at Cold Harbor, and 7 will need to be turned in in Craglorn. I'm pretty sure it will be the same for the other crafts, up to tier 5 passives in the regular zones you can get to, and then after that cold harbor and craglorn.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on September 24, 2015 7:10AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Almost true matey, and regarding the writs, only max level writs you can hand in to Craglorn...
    Lower tier writs start in Glenumbra, then ..............minds just went blank, but anyways, you get the idea lol
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill level is only relevant because writs depend on the number of points put into the main crafting passive.

Craglorn turn-ins start at tier 6 alchemy and provisioning, tier 7 everything else. Essentially when you start using vet ingredients.

It is generally disadvantageous to do equipment writs at lower than max level. Craglorn is where the best items (nirncrux, glass motif) are most commonly acquired.
    Edited by Rosveen on September 24, 2015 8:28AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Almost true matey, and regarding the writs, only max level writs you can hand in to Craglorn...
    Lower tier writs start in Glenumbra, then ..............minds just went blank, but anyways, you get the idea lol

You can hand in L7 Material Equipment Writs to Craglorn, if you have access to Craglorn.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"