Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

New style motifs (Crown Store)

Geemarc
Geemarc
✭✭✭
So when will the new style motifs be added to the crown store?

You may think that is way too early for this but on the consoles very few people have the required 8 and 9 traits to use the new motifs (that drop). Then trying to find someone that can craft these items is near impossible with no text chat and no trade forum.

I've collected materials to craft a new v16 set and would like to make the new styles. So far I've managed to get 4 fragments from writs on 3 characters since IC release.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost lvl 50 clothier! But I agree I might buy them if they are not 4,000 crown each. Maybe 4k for both would be exceptable.. But I would like to see them up soon and at a reasonable cost.
  • CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    I'm almost lvl 50 clothier! But I agree I might buy them if they are not 4,000 crown each. Maybe 4k for both would be exceptable.. But I would like to see them up soon and at a reasonable cost.

They may sell them for the usual 1,500 crowns each and bundle them for like 2,500 crowns.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motifs are not cut off by knowing traits, just how high your craft is levelled. I'm thinking there has got to be lots of people on console by now who can craft VR14 gear... If they can they can learn the motifs.

Number of traits known stops you from crafting certain sets, nothing to do with the motif.

[Edit] As for my opinion on the crown store thing.. I think they should be more expensive than the dwemer from the crown store. Far more in game effort needed for glass than dwemer. Maybe Xivkyn could be same price as dwemer..
    Edited by MissBizz on September 22, 2015 1:14AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaliberSH wrote: »

They may sell them for the usual 1,500 crowns each and bundle them for like 2,500 crowns.

I'd buy that. I'm just afraid its gonna be the same price as dwemer.

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geemarc wrote: »
    So when will the new style motifs be added to the crown store?

You may think that is way too early for this but on the consoles very few people have the required 8 and 9 traits to use the new motifs (that drop). Then trying to find someone that can craft these items is near impossible with no text chat and no trade forum.

I've collected materials to craft a new v16 set and would like to make the new styles. So far I've managed to get 4 fragments from writs on 3 characters since IC release.
    I hope never look for them like everyone else and open treasure vaults.Its is way to early for this dude they been out for a week your that lazy that you can't even try to look for them.Also Fragments can be found through treasure maps and writs do those and am positive you will have more Fragments. I have three Chapters done already and I only play for 2-3 hours a day if even that.Also do you even talk to people on Console most players have the required 8-9 for at least 3 pieces and know someone who can craft the other two.Just about everyone in Craglon who is vet10 and up can craft 8 trait set from what I seen and talked to people about.

Also talking to people really works from what I gathered if you need something. What do you need Crafted if your on Xbox 1 I'll help you what's your GT.
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    The motifs are not cut off by knowing traits, just how high your craft is levelled. I'm thinking there has got to be lots of people on console by now who can craft VR14 gear... If they can they can learn the motifs.

Number of traits known stops you from crafting certain sets, nothing to do with the motif.

[Edit] As for my opinion on the crown store thing.. I think they should be more expensive than the dwemer from the crown store. Far more in game effort needed for glass than dwemer. Maybe Xivkyn could be same price as dwemer..

Thanks for the reply, for some reason I read the text as traits, when it quite clearly says rank 8-9 in the passive.

I hope never look for them like everyone else and open treasure vaults.Its is way to early for this dude they been out for a week your that lazy that you can't even try to look for them.Also Fragments can be found through treasure maps and writs do those and am positive you will have more Fragments. I have three Chapters done already and I only play for 2-3 hours a day if even that.Also do you even talk to people on Console most players have the required 8-9 for at least 3 pieces and know someone who can craft the other two.Just about everyone in Craglon who is vet10 and up can craft 8 trait set from what I seen and talked to people about.

Also talking to people really works from what I gathered if you need something. What do you need Crafted if your on Xbox 1 I'll help you what's your GT.

As for how much I've played, I have played enough in the last week to collect the required v16 materials and the Malachite Shards to craft 5 piece of the set that I want. I have also been doing daily writs on my 3 vet 16 characters to get fragments. I must been extremely unlucky as I have only received 4 if you have collected 30 fragments in the same time. I have been doing writs on all my characters, as far as I'm aware there's no other way to farm for glass fragments.

Fragments are selling for 50k each on EU PS4 so 500k per chapter. I have checked the 4 guilds that I am in and no one replied that they can craft the glass items I need. I have not been standing around in Craglorn with an open mic asking if anyone can craft me glass items, nor would I be willing to hand 150k- 200k worth of crafting mats (on current guild trader prices) to a random stranger.

I'll just keep farming mats in the mean time and hope that my luck improves with writs or that they add the motif to the crown store shortly.
    Edited by Geemarc on September 22, 2015 2:31PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, on PC (therefore IC has been out for longer) I still only have 5 chapter fragments. Give it a month or two and people will have the full book and pages will start to drop in price. As well, you never know, you could have a lucky streak and get 2 a day for a week or something. Give it some time.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG hates me, so Glass is going very slowly.

Still havent decided if I want to buy IC, so may not get that stuff for a long time. But at least the guild trafers are starting to sell some items.

Wouldnt mind seeing the motifs in the store in a couple months. Dont see myself buying them, but income for zos = more game development right?
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Glass motif is on the PC crown store today.

The console store is down, so hopefully they will be on there too.

• Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    How much is the glass motif in the crown store?? I already finish the xyvkyn one so I only need that one
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    5000 crowns
  • CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    Geemarc wrote: »
    Looks like Glass motif is on the PC crown store today.

The console store is down, so hopefully they will be on there too.

Can confirm it's 5,000 crowns on console crown store.

And 500 for 10 malachite shards.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliberSH wrote: »
    Can confirm it's 5,000 crowns on console crown store.

And 500 for 10 malachite shards.

Yep and purchasing the motif gives you 10 Malachite as well. Made a full set last night.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)