The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

sorc abilities issues..bugs

dirtmerchant711
dirtmerchant711
Soul Shriven
First, from what i read dots should last through weapon swaps, if i'm wrong you can skip to overload issues. When i use daedric prey on a mob and swap weapons, sometimes it explodes on time, sometime it explodes long after the duration is supposed to be and sometimes it doesn't explode at all. I'm not sure if the dot always stays up and my pets dont get buffs from it, my pets benefit from the buffs far from the expected time limit or are not benifiting at all. The damage from the dot itself is also in question as its exploding is not constant.

Onto overload, some people may hate me for this but whatever. This ability is new to me so im not really sure how long it should last, but whatever the expected is is not how its working. Sometimes when I turn on overload it doesnt let me do any attacks, sometimes i get a few light attacks off and be out of ultimate, and sometimes i can spam light attacks for the entirety of a battle and turn off overload and still have full ultimate. being able to spam light attacks forever just destroys gameplay as things become much easier.

Also overload, I'm not sure if your action bar and abilities are supposed to change when overload is activated as its not described anywhere but mine do so if this is supposed to happen then this is ignorable.

Both my bars are set up like so atm to test it.

X=Harndened ward
Y=power surge
B=Fire ring/shock ring
LB=bound armaments
RB=unstable clannfear

after i turn overload on..
X=hardened ward
y=thundering presence
B=Fire ring/shock ring
LB=unstable clannfear
RB=bound armaments

when i turn it off they go back to the original. is any of this expected?
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's intended, but sorcerers have had a third ability bar using overload since the beginning. You can see this easily by doing the following:

1.) Gather enough ultimate to trigger overload
    2.) Trigger overload
    3.) Go into skills menu
    4.) Assign any skills you want
    5.) Toggle overload on and off a few times

You will see that you actually have a third bar that is fully customizable.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • dirtmerchant711
    dirtmerchant711
    Soul Shriven
    you are right about that! one issue down! :)