The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are shards and overload light attacks still hitting for 12-14k?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Wasn't the purpose of this build to get rid of that crap?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty hilarious. I was on my alliance rank 1 Sorc last night leveling him to V16 in the Chilrend sewers. I have no idea how to PvP a Sorc, but my PvE Min/max dps build was wrecking some pretty good pvpers with overloads.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now imagine that damage increasd by 35%. Thats what it was hitting pre IC.

Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll / reflect. Two easy to use counters.

No need to thank me.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • tisch28
    tisch28
    Not sure about overload but the highest shard I saw hit me for last night was a little under 4.5k.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think something is wrong with battle spirit. People are reporting 20k WBs and crystal frags, and 16k biting jabs. I wonder if it's just failing to apply.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that, it's that the new VR16 sets give you far far more power than the old sets. Leaving top level players where they were before 1.7 damage wise. That and many vets are now battle leveled which massively reduces their armor.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've taken a few 12k shards and wrecking blows to the face with hard capped mitigation. I guess it could be possible but I didn't think people could stack that much damage and penetration anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if there exists some bug where you lose your battle spirit debuff.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I think something is wrong with battle spirit. People are reporting 20k WBs and crystal frags, and 16k biting jabs. I wonder if it's just failing to apply.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler should double check the battle spirit is always applying correctly or is that a Wrobel thing?
    Edited by timidobserver on September 18, 2015 5:01PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can archieve these numbers without battle spirit failing. You can hit npcs for 35-40k with one skill without using stealth in v16 gear, so players should take 17-20k if they don't have high spell resist or block the hits.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    That and many vets are now battle leveled which massively reduces their armor.
    Then turn OFF battle leveling ...
    confused24.gif

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can archieve these numbers without battle spirit failing. You can hit npcs for 35-40k with one skill without using stealth in v16 gear, so players should take 17-20k if they don't have high spell resist or block the hits.

Stealth crits don't apply to magickal abilities and they are more than 100% against mobs.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    now imagine that damage increasd by 35%. Thats what it was hitting pre IC.

I don´t think you had many sorcs running around with 3.7k spelldmg (on a staff build) before ic along with 42k magica - because that was not possible.
    Edited by Derra on September 18, 2015 6:10PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow and snipe get the stealth bonus. Frags has that wonderful +20% proc damage, and overload was just designed to make baby Jesus cry.

Just buy some VR15 shield breaker and its all good
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a VR15 Stam DK in 14 MA and I haven't seen numbers like that even against 16s. Maybe I just haven't run into these folks yet but all damage seems about exactly half of what I'm used to seeing as you'd expect. Biggest hit I've taken since IC dropped on PS4 was a little over 8K WB that VR16 NB dropped on me out of stealth while I was fighting a boss.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »

No need to thank me.

Except not everyone plays a DK or is stam build. Your absolutley right about the second part.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »

No need to thank me.

Except not everyone plays a DK or is stam build. Your absolutley right about the second part.

The sword and board reflect is easy to use for any class. Anyone can dodge roll. Or you can cloak if you're a NB. Still easily countered...
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to thank me.

Also CP into the 3 main mitigations (magic, fire, DOT) should help.

My main deaths in IC are by either fire of wrecking blow/surprise attack.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I die now and think "wow, that skill is hitting harder than it should be", but it turns out I am just burning through my stamina way more quickly than before making me take more unblocked/undodged hits than I had grown accustomed to. Attempting to play even the slightest bit defensively seems to put me at a massive disadvantage, leaving me with move speed and LOS as my only real defenses. I had hoped that this patch would make combat a little more interactive for players like myself (mediocre players who died quickly in 1.6), and to a certain extent it has made me live longer in fights, but it has not made things more interactive. What is has really done is pigeonholed me into WB spam as my primary offense and defense. Seriously, my best chance of surviving fights is just WB until enemy runs away or dies, or until I run away or die.

Now that I've got my rant out of the way, I'll address the topic more directly. I don't think there is anything bugged or wrong about those damage figures. Players are just stacking higher damage and spamming their highest damage ability more than before simply because it has better results now, at least from my experience.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on September 18, 2015 7:38PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think battle spirit might get broke at times, some battles I seem to take 3 - 4 k damage from most things other times its like 10 - 20 k. I doubt its the case but I have noticed when already engaged in combat I seem to take a hell of a lot less damage. If I get hit by a zerg as I am going round a corner or leaving a keep the damage does not seem to be decreased at all.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever is causing this, werewolf's howl of fear might be ignoring it as well. I see it spammed alot for 8-10k dmg, but I am not sure whether this one was intended as part of the werewolf buff?

However, I am not suprised that @ZoS tried to balance the game only to go back to status quo through new items set and such - and in turn we have the game in its worste state ever - funwise. It is just so dull to play now. Gimme the 2nd or 3rd beta build and I will be more excited. Way more excited.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore