Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Sacks - Difference since patch?

bicketybam
bicketybam
✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that heavy sacks seem to contain a greater quantity of items since the patch? At least on the XBOX I have. I got 5 potency ruinstones out of one and 10 raw ash out of another (which I happened to need). It seems like the "buffed" them.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bicketybam wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that heavy sacks seem to contain a greater quantity of items since the patch? At least on the XBOX I have. I got 5 potency ruinstones out of one and 10 raw ash out of another (which I happened to need). It seems like the "buffed" them.

Yeah they sure have. Be sure and grab them when you see them. I've gotten up to 20 rough nightwood from one of those on the NA PC server.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • bicketybam
    bicketybam
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Yeah they sure have. Be sure and grab them when you see them. I've gotten up to 20 rough nightwood from one of those on the NA PC server.

Right on. That's a nice change. In the past, they were pretty worthless.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes they have been amazing.

heart-cluster.gif

That shows how I feel about it. Thank you ZOS :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MyM16sHot
    MyM16sHot
    ✭✭✭
    I read in the patch notes that they changed something with heavy sacks dues to them respawning too often.
    VR8 Dumner Nightblade PS4-NA-DC
    lvl12 Imperial Dragonknight PS4-NA-EP
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yepp, noticed that too. I'm getting stacks of 10 mats frequently now ...
    smile.gif
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Excellent change. +1 karma for ZoS.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have looted 5 Ta's from the Heavy Sacks a couple of times. So, that just tells me that 5 Rekuta's or Kuta's might happen.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have looted 5 Ta's from the Heavy Sacks a couple of times. So, that just tells me that 5 Rekuta's or Kuta's might happen.
    The most i've ever gotten at once was 2 Kuta. 5 would be pretty awesome ...
    biggrin.gif
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    biggrin.gif

Was this before the IC patch? Or after?

If before... I have faith in 5 Kutas :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looting corpses and chests seems to be buffed as well. My new level 18 toon is picking up items that my level 30 was just starting to pick up previously.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's now 5 mats or 10 (for cooking craft)
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    biggrin.gif
    Was this before the IC patch? Or after?
    If before... I have faith in 5 Kutas :)
    Before the patch. In fact, i have gotten 2 Kutas at least on 3 different occasions.
    :smile:
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Yes, yes they have been amazing.

heart-cluster.gif

That shows how I feel about it. Thank you ZOS :)

I concur with this!

Thank you Zenimax. It's a great change.

Also, thank you for letting us free that horse, you know the one. But that's another story...
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I'm rather displeased so far with this change, because they used to usually hold either trait stones or runestones (which seem to be less plentiful than other materials), and even with passives in refinement some of the trait stones are hard to come by so the heavy sacks were really gold to me, but now.... 10 barley that I easily get whenever I actually need it by just ducking into a level 5 dungeon to loot the crates and barrels, or 10 rough wood that I can reliably harvest myself by just running out and checking known spawning areas.... it's really a bummer. I don't neeed those, they aren't gold for me, it's not a special find. The trait stones however definitely are, and I've not been seeing those lately. I used to always always make sure to get the heavy sacks, now... I'm probably not going to be actively keeping an eye out anymore. :(
    Edited by Aelthwyn on September 17, 2015 5:24AM
  • bicketybam
    bicketybam
    ✭✭
    My buddy got 5 rekutas. 5. You might want to keep your eye out.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    Actually I'm rather displeased so far with this change, because they used to usually hold either trait stones or runestones (which seem to be less plentiful than other materials), and even with passives in refinement some of the trait stones are hard to come by so the heavy sacks were really gold to me, but now.... 10 barley that I easily get whenever I actually need it by just ducking into a level 5 dungeon to loot the crates and barrels, or 10 rough wood that I can reliably harvest myself by just running out and checking known spawning areas.... it's really a bummer. I don't neeed those, they aren't gold for me, it's not a special find. The trait stones however definitely are, and I've not been seeing those lately. I used to always always make sure to get the heavy sacks, now... I'm probably not going to be actively keeping an eye out anymore. :(

Trait stones are not "gold" other than Nirn... that's why they sell for less than 1g each in stores.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Trait stones are not "gold" other than Nirn... that's why they sell for less than 1g each in stores.

*shrug* all I can say is that I'm always finding myself low on divines, exploration, precise, and training stones despite all the refining and deconstructing I do (and hirelings), and while of course you can buy things in guild-stores, I personally enjoy obtaining things myself through playing rather than shopping and always wonder how much someone had to go through to accumulate some things.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing since launch and saving all the stones I get from just playing, and selling many stacks to vendors just to clear space I think I still have about 600 of each stone and 600 of each non-rare crafting style. :disappointed:

I kind of feel they're all too worthless and would love to see more use for them. I guess I can't expect my own experiences to reflect everyone's though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my fellow guildies received 5 Kuta's from a heavy sack shortly after the update. I hate him :) About the best I've done is receive a Potent Nirncrux in one in Upper Craglorn at one time. If there is the possibility of getting 5 of those now, that would be sweet :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 17, 2015 2:01PM
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 5 Kuta in a heavy sack a few days ago. B)
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy got 5 rekutas. 5. You might want to keep your eye out.

I got 5 Rekuta out of a Heavy sack earlier today. I had to double check my inventory. I couldn't believe it.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of the change. I will actually dismount from my trusty steed to loot these sacks now.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Pompeyfluff
    dont forget the "lush" materials now. Found a bunch of 5 lush void bloom in craglorn yesterday - gained 70 void blooms from 5 plants.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how I feel about the new change yet. While it's nice to see higher quantity, it hasn't been fun seeing nothing but wood, fibers, ores, or fungus.

I did find 5 essence runes and 3 aspect runes (Ta, of course), so there's hope maybe I'll score the greatest find ever: 5-10 Kuta runes.

One can dream.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Ta-runes. Who ever doesn't love those must be an odd person. ;)
  • Destroyah380
    Yep but I never see style mats anymore & usually get provisioning & alchemy ingredients ;-;
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got an embroidery out of a wet gunny stack..this has never happened before, so I wonder if that has changed too?

Heavy sacks : definitely noticed an improvement..I got 10 or 20 voidstone from one :smile: (can't remember exactly)
    Edited by angelyn on September 27, 2015 8:54PM