The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thoughts on my burst magicka sorc build

a1x23
a1x23
✭✭✭
So first off, I am not going to get into gear or attributes in this post. This is solely about skills for my burst dps sorc

Destro ) 1. Endless fury 2. C. Frags 3. Minefield 4. Curse 5. Crushing shock U. Soul assault/Dawnbreaker

Restro.) 1. Harness Magicka OR Thundering Presence 2. Healing ward 3. Hardened ward 4. Ball of lightning/streak 5. Entropy OR Power surge U. Atro

Other possible skills: Rune prision (pair with soul assault) Degeneration, Pulsar, Mutagen, Energy Overload

Im fairly confident with my build. I just want to hear from other players and see what kind of adjustments or tweeks they would recommend. I tweek my build depending on what my circumstances are (1vX, group, zerg) I also wanna hear how people run their similar builds. For example for dps i normally throw down curse, fury, crushing shock (unless i proc a frag) frag them while they are CC'd hit them with soul assault.

Also on another note I will be giving my thoughts and asking qustions to better fully understand how to run this build. Im not going to argue with anyone though, so if thats your intent dont bother posting.

Thanks everyone in advance for the thoughts/comments

• a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    One last thing, i dont just wanna hear from sorc players. I would like to see thoughts from other classes on how this build would fare against what they run and how i can manage to use my skills to my advantage
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burst for pvp or for pve?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely pvp, i run a completely different build for pve. But with a few minor tweeks this build can be successful for pve from my experience
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build looks like what 90% of sorcs are running in Cyrodiil, so I guess it works well enough
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destro bar: endless fury, crushing shock, cfrags, curse, prox deto > Ice Comet
    Resto bar: blessing of resto, hardened ward, healing ward, power surge, streak > Replenishing Barrier

The idea is to hit them with curse, prox deto and cfrags at the same time and execute with endless fury. For tougher enemies you add meteor for extra burst. It takes some practice to get used to timing all the skills at right time.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    I would use meteor/ice comet once i unlock it but till then i will make do with what i have. I do like curse, prox deto, frags setup. It is very very effective.
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    @Alucardo it does seem that way but it seems to be one of the few ways to make a sorcerer visble for pvp unfortunately.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1x23 wrote: »
    @Alucardo it does seem that way but it seems to be one of the few ways to make a sorcerer visble for pvp unfortunately.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not knocking it. After trying it myself it was quite obvious to me why everyone else uses it.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    switch the spots of mines and entropy that way you can enhance a insta procced frag with mitght of the guild more easily if your burst rotation allows it at that moment.

and without crushing shock you will get problems against a NB like mine staying at range from you with the safty of rally + vigor the lousy dps of your curse+endless fury as i evade every of your frags at 15+m distance doesent tickle my healthbar while my LA+PA/MA+FA supported by shieldbreaker will push you into run away mode extreamly quick...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a similar set up OP. You n me work on a similar wave length, DPS bar and utility/buff bar.

DPS Bar: Dark Flare, Toppling Charge, Puncturing Sweep, Purifying Light, Struc. Entropy / Ult: Solar Disturbance

Buff Bar: Breath of Life, Extended Ritual, Purge, Repentance, Channeled Focus / Ult: Replenishing Barrier

About the ults: Barrier has saved my life in 1VX, and I choose Disturbance-- not as a means to do damage, but to continue my pressure game. I will drop a Nova next to my enemy just to force his hand and push him to move in a direction I want him to move in. In another example, I was on a tower in a keep and fired a siege weapon on 2 reds. They walk towards me, I nova the stairs, and take them out one by one by closing off the stairs and to disrupt their team.

My attack bar works like such; Opening Attack for CQC: Toppling, if they are knocked down>Sweeping continue pressure with Purify and Sweeping[occasionally Dark Flare on people with burst heals]. If they break Knock down from Toppling and roll dodge> chase with Toppling> sweeping/purify/sweeping. If I cant get close switch Long Range: Purify, Dark Flare + light heavy Restro mix up. Throw in entropy for more spell damage when situations permit. If I am dealing with a Zerg, I switch to buff bar, wait, then at the correct time will Toppling into the enemy zerg and drop a nova on them--this all assuming I have people behind me to support my efforts.

Buff Bar: Buff bar is the "Keep me/everyone alive" bar. Slap down Ritual and Rune and support with Purge/ Breaths/ Repentance and barrier.

Summary: These bars work to maintain my toons health and mana/stam regain, while also providing a very solid pressure game with meaty magic attacks + health regan from Sweeping. My CP/Gear/Nirn also buff my skills of choice btw.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 11, 2015 4:49PM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the regular build every single Sorc in PvP uses, so it must work.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped out crushing shock for shattering prison, while the interrupt is nice its just far more easier to snare the guys coming after me.

Basically I spam light attacks, with mine field down if some comes at me its shattering prison and curse then frag.

If they get close its streak instead.

Dodge is so much more expensive that not many will opt to get out of it to risk burning resources.

I swapped harness magicka for dark exchange for resources if I can get breathing room. While the shield is nice against spell attacks I prefer to be able to get more health and magicka when I am behind something.
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    *Posts the cookie cutter build 95% of sorcs have been using for months*

"How's ma build, guys?"

Strange troll?
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    @Truewavesound i understand that this build is used by most sorcs. The point of posting it was to get input on what people found most effective with different skills. Most the skills sorcs use are out of necessity not by choice. I would like to have a little more of a unique build but still viable in pvp.