The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why was the Tel Var death toll added in IC and why does it have to be so costly?

imredneckson
imredneckson
✭✭✭✭✭
Losing 10% ok not very bad but I still don't like losing my money like that but 80% to a player(s) that is just painful. I don't understand it, we have to killed normal NPCs that are equal to mini bosses during vet 10 quests only when we finish to get killed by a group of 20+ enemy zergs and lose most of our hard earned stones. Why does it have to be so costly? If your running solo you cant beat a zerg and the only way to beat them is with another zerg.

^ Venting
Edited by imredneckson on September 13, 2015 1:05AM
Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)

Best Answer

• Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the loss of stones, what incentive is there to fight other players?

Without the loss of stones, what risk or reward is there?

Games that have very very low risk, make the rewards feel meaningless, and the achievements seem pointless. Tel var loss is a nice risk, I wish they brought back the 100% loss from player kills to make fighting other players actually worthwhile.
    Answer ✓
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »

Games that have very very low risk, make the rewards feel meaningless, and the achievements seem pointless. Tel var loss is a nice risk, I wish they brought back the 100% loss from player kills to make fighting other players actually worthwhile.

I understand the part about no risk = a meaningless reward but it really does feeling like you cant play solo in IC. Most of what ive seen in IC is zerg running around killing everyone and everything until they need to bank their Tel Var or until they get wiped by another zerg. Its really frustrating.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I understand the part about no risk = a meaningless reward but it really does feeling like you cant play solo in IC. Most of what ive seen in IC is zerg running around killing everyone and everything until they need to bank their Tel Var or until they get wiped by another zerg. Its really frustrating.

But that is more because the game mechanics changed. It's harder to burst down players and it's harder to defend yourself/escape, that makes solo play more difficult.

Honestly, I would prefer if you lost at least 50% when you're killed by mobs, so players actually try to reach their base instead of just suiciding.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um... it was added because ganking didn't have enough motivation?

/sarcasm off
    Edited by newtinmpls on September 13, 2015 9:56AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

But that is more because the game mechanics changed. It's harder to burst down players and it's harder to defend yourself/escape, that makes solo play more difficult.

Honestly, I would prefer if you lost at least 50% when you're killed by mobs, so players actually try to reach their base instead of just suiciding.
    lately its been "lets lure the flag boss over to do our dirty work for us"
  • Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Um... it was added because ganking didn't have enough motivation?

Um... it was added to make pvp a bit more fun?
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play 95% of the time solo and yesterday I got the Tel Var Master achievement ;)

Solo play is perfectly viable.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    lately its been "lets lure the flag boss over to do our dirty work for us"

Flag boss?

I like "Banner Man" better.

;)
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Losing 10% ok not very bad but I still don't like losing my money like that but 80% to a player(s) that is just painful. I don't understand it, we have to killed normal NPCs that are equal to mini bosses during vet 10 quests only when we finish to get killed by a group of 20+ enemy zergs and lose most of our hard earned stones. Why does it have to be so costly? If your running solo you cant beat a zerg and the only way to beat them is with another zerg.

^ Venting

Because ZOS Logic.

Im officially done with IC. Approximately 1000 pieces of Ancestor Silk/Ruby Wood and 9 rune stones were all bought with stones that I took from other people. At no point did I ever farm NPCs or do a single mission.

The whole time I was killing nerds and taking their stones, I honestly felt like s*** about it, but this is the type of game play that ZOS is rewarding. I love killing nerds, dont get me wrong, but I dont want to take away their hard earned gameplay. Thats just... wrong tbh.

Edited by Xeven on September 13, 2015 10:03AM
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand, they really need to implement something more to incentivize solo and small group play and something for discouraging zergs. Zergs are no fun to be a part of or to come across.
    ToRelax wrote: »

You are very correct, if it was a bit easier to escape OR to beat other players a bit quicker while outnumbered, then this wouldn't be as much of an issue. I would have liked to have seen how IC would have played out without the damage reductions and the other blanket changes. But all we can hope for now is for ZOS to hurry the heck up with introducing something to balance things back out again. Zergs really really suck, and not being able to play in a Solo/duo type play also sucks, especially for people like me that don't like big groups anyway. Even groups of four is a bit too big for my tastes in general.

Also, losing more stones to NPCs makes a lot of sense and would be a good improvement.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't spent any TV stones yet, but since the only character I'm playing in IC is lvl 25, I doubt I'd be able to use anything I bought anyway.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do like everyone else that absolutely doesn't want to lose their stones join the 50 man zerg. Each faction has one going at various times during the day. Sure it'll take you days to do what others do in minutes, but there will be little to no risk.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 13, 2015 10:08AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)