The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will orisium be free?

EnglishDragon17
EnglishDragon17
✭✭✭
or will u have to pay like IC
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming you will have to pay or be an ESO+ subscriber, since it is considered DLC. Now that the game is B2P, with no required monthly subscription, all DLC will have a cost involved.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will have to pay with crowns, yes. ZOS can't add new gameplay for nothing.
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    greedy
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wont be free, most if not all dlc will be paid. Perhaps dark brotherhood and thieves guild will be free or at least certain aspects of the dlc but only time will tell
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greedy

Really? The game no longer requires a subscription fee, and you claim greed? I'll admit that most of the Crown Store items are overpriced, but they're just fluff anyway. Actual game content should be paid for in some manner. Sheesh!
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    greedy

Really? The game no longer requires a subscription fee, and you claim greed? I'll admit that most of the Crown Store items are overpriced, but they're just fluff anyway. Actual game content should be paid for in some manner. Sheesh!

they have reduced their greed but they are still greedy
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    greedy

I assume this comment is self-referential.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greedy

Lol. They need money to keep the servers online. Those things aren't cheap to run. If anything, it's greedy to expect the product of their work for free.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    greedy

You already have the game you paid for, the money they get from orsinium will pay for the development of the next dlc, the money from that will pay for the next one etc.. If they were to give the dlc's away for free how long before they run out of cash and the servers shut down??
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

F2p/P2p players greedy and we all know it.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on September 11, 2015 10:40PM
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    greedy

they have reduced their greed but they are still greedy

ZOS is in the business of making money, not giving to charity. If everything was free then there would be no more Elder Scrolls Online. What's greedy is feeling entitled to getting everything for free.
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Work on your trolling skills, dude. You're too obvious.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

We need a troll button.

You seem to post enough threads asking, somewhat valid questions. Everything starts off fine and then, boom. You're leaping off a cliff trying to drag everyone else along for the free fall ride down.

When nearly every other company charges for DLC, it's OK. When ZOS does it, they're "Greedy".

I never like assuming anything, but based on your opinion about paid DLCs being a greed scheme, maybe you don't have a steady flow of income? If that's the case, I can understand why you may dislike paid DLCs. It doesn't, however, make the company greedy.

About the only thing I could complain about is the cost of the DLC. With most DLCs with other games being slapped with a price tag of $20-$25 is a bit much. I miss when those price tags were $10-$15.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

We need a troll button.

You seem to post enough threads asking, somewhat valid questions. Everything starts off fine and then, boom. You're leaping off a cliff trying to drag everyone else along for the free fall ride down.

When nearly every other company charges for DLC, it's OK. When ZOS does it, they're "Greedy".

I never like assuming anything, but based on your opinion about paid DLCs being a greed scheme, maybe you don't have a steady flow of income? If that's the case, I can understand why you may dislike paid DLCs. It doesn't, however, make the company greedy.

About the only thing I could complain about is the cost of the DLC. With most DLCs with other games being slapped with a price tag of $20-$25 is a bit much. I miss when those price tags were $10-$15.

First, overpriced dlcs, second the game is called tamriel unlimited, third i am only 15 yet i get 50 pounds a day

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, overpriced dlcs, second the game is called tamriel unlimited, third i am only 15 yet i get 50 pounds a day

You just summed everything up in one sentence for everyone. So, really, it's not Zeni's fault, nor are they greedy. It's because you can't afford them and you took a game title for granted and it's meaning out of context. GG
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

You just summed everything up in one sentence for everyone. So, really, it's not Zeni's fault, nor are they greedy. It's because you can't afford them and you took a game title for granted and it's meaning out of context. GG

If hes getting £50 a day he can afford them, he has a higher income than me.
    ZoS have made a product, they are selling it to make a profit, if you don't think its worth the money don't buy it.

Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know that saying, "No such thing as a stupid question"? They were wrong. >:)
    d-oh.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's free, like craglorn!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's hope it's free, like craglorn!

Craglorn was free because everyone was paying a subscription to play the game. Hence there was no need to sell it for revenue. Now that there is no required sub, everything will be purchased separately. How it works im afraid.
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greedy

Yeah, what a bunch of ***, demanding compensation for their work.
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We are going to close this thread now since this conversation has taken a downward spin with insults and bashing. Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.