The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug, Exploit, Lag, or Game Design?

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
I've gotten back into PvP a bit since IC has come out and the one thing that I run into that annoys the heck out of me is when my keys don't respond. This only seems to happen when it is against multiple players. What happens is that I get surrounded and nothing works. I'm not blocked, my inputs never even fire off, things such as pots, ultimates, attacks, blocks. It doesn't act like a silence (I use dual wield mostly anyway) but the animation or action never activates when keys are pressed. Sometimes they will fire off after I respawn but not always. It is almost as if someone unplugged my keyboard.

Is this just lag or how the system works? I imagine it could be maybe the system (server) is queuing up inputs and I'm just so swamped with attacks that the system never registers my inputs until it is too late. I understand I am gonna die in this situation but I should at least be able to land a blow and/or a block against someone.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Edited: for a bit more clarity ( for you computer nuts it make me think that they used FILO instead of FIFO for combat registers)
Edited by Casdha on September 8, 2015 5:45AM
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed this myself. From what i can tell the bow ability that silences, is bugging out and sometimes lasting 10-45 seconds. No weapon swap, ability use and or anything you can't even crouch sometimes. I'm assuming it's stacking, with the stun from stealth and that is causing the ability to bug out, but not 100% sure. I do however feel your pain in this.

Also biting jabs i think it is on the templar, that puts the target off balance. Really needs a cool down as spamming it you can keep nb's out of stealth almost permanently. with little to no change of escape if stacked with trops, i found it to be a 98% of the time a "I WIN" setup on my templar vs NB's.
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed this myself. From what i can tell the bow ability that silences, is bugging out and sometimes lasting 10-45 seconds. No weapon swap, ability use and or anything you can't even crouch sometimes. I'm assuming it's stacking, with the stun from stealth and that is causing the ability to bug out, but not 100% sure. I do however feel your pain in this.

Also biting jabs i think it is on the templar, that puts the target off balance. Really needs a cool down as spamming it you can keep nb's out of stealth almost permanently. with little to no change of escape if stacked with trops, i found it to be a 98% of the time a "I WIN" setup on my templar vs NB's.

It doesnt put target off balance, it gives the target free CC immunity for 5 seconds and pushes it away so its easier for him to escape you. While it indeed pops out NBs from stealth due to it dealing damage in a cone, you can do the same with any cone/aoe damaging ability.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    With regards to the OP.
    Yes, I noticed that aswell.
    Movement or abilitie keys not responding even when held down, like moving forward..stopping..working after repressing or dodge rolling then stopping again.
    This for sure needs to be looked at imo.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be some type of animation canceling tied to CC and because of it I'm not seeing the Animation to the CC and also unable to break it? That still wouldn't explain things like pots and ultimates not activating.

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bombarb is a pain in the a* when things get crowdy and very hard to actually see. combined with fear, it's crazy. thus, shuffe is becoming even more prominent, lately.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @UrQuan we aren't the only ones who noticed this!

I think the best was when I hit my ultimate, the bar made it look used.. no ultimate.. couple seconds.. I'm dead.. respawn in that safe alliance tower in the districts.. take 2 steps.. and BAM. Nova in my face.

...really?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've fallen prey to this in Imperial City for sure. Skills not going off when I hit the keys, heavy attacks not happening, potions not working... Not often, but always at the worst possible time, and each time it has happened I've been killed. Not that I'm blaming all my deaths in IC on this, mind you. Most of the times I've died I haven't had this excuse.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    bombarb is a pain in the a* when things get crowdy and very hard to actually see. combined with fear, it's crazy. thus, shuffe is becoming even more prominent, lately.

planning to use that on my next build actually :)

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Yeah, I've fallen prey to this in Imperial City for sure. Skills not going off when I hit the keys, heavy attacks not happening, potions not working... Not often, but always at the worst possible time, and each time it has happened I've been killed. Not that I'm blaming all my deaths in IC on this, mind you. Most of the times I've died I haven't had this excuse.

No I don't blame all of my deaths on this by no means either.
    I liken it to an old saying I use to use a lot.
    "You might get the sandwich but I'm dang sure gonna get a bite of it"
    Except in this case it feels like they slapped a muzzle on my face :)

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this too and assumed it was my keyboard. It has a detachable cable and sometimes it glitches out. But I've also noticed that it happens more in IC than the rest of cyrodiil, and when there are lots of players around as you say.
    PC | EU
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys sure its not negate? Negate is making a comeback in IC
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

Not sure, but if any skill has the power to stop me from using a pot, a block, an ultimate, a cc break, an interrupt, stops my movement, stops my attacks (dual wield axes), and continues for given amount of time, all on top of a freshly cast Unstoppable, then I have a problem with that skill.

Edit: forgot some stuff.
    Edited by Casdha on September 9, 2015 6:07AM

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

It doesnt put target off balance, it gives the target free CC immunity for 5 seconds and pushes it away so its easier for him to escape you. While it indeed pops out NBs from stealth due to it dealing damage in a cone, you can do the same with any cone/aoe damaging ability.

It does put target off-balance; in fact you get the 10% increased dmg from the CP passives
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • lath
    lath
    ✭✭
    I get it as well, especially when using energy overload on my sorc. I hit ulti, then manage to get two light attacks out and then bug out - cannot light attack, cannot use any skills. Annoyingly, it happens when there are large battles around in IC, so it renders me completely useless for a couple of seconds.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Negate is an issue for my magicka Templar, but it's one that I'm becoming used to dealing with in IC, and it's a different problem from this. Negate only stops my magicka skills and ultimates - it doesn't stop my heavy attacks etc.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)