The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thoughts so far?

Amica
Amica
✭✭✭
So just wondering, how everyone is taking the changes?

So far my view, as i expected.
Its a zerg fest.
The side with the biggest group 95% of the time wins.
Clouding bats is op to the crap.
Fights drag out too long and end up in most cases coming down to who ever's back up arrives first.
MAGI NB over stam is the way to roll.
Almost everyone rolling the same build, destroying some of the combat's individuality.
Streak still OP.
1vX .... let's not go their.
Damage reduction means slow and dull fighting, with no real sense of power for the gear i worked so hard for.
The rewards do not feel rewarding for X amount of game play.
The things you had us test over the weeks on test live you rolled back at the last min. making the test live thing pointless.

The plus side to the patch.

No more op 1 shot snipes.
Promotes group play lol.

Sorry zos but imo so close yet so far.
Ill give it a week or two but i doubt ill stick around as it stands.

Also the rewards for subscribing for the months between patches is not worth. you basically payed $45 for the dlc as the store items are of little use.

Well that's my little rage for the day.
I know a lot will disagree.

NB Shashu of DC
DK William x Wallace of DC
In game @Amica.
"i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont you love how ZOS took 6 major patches to bring stamina into the game. It was very slow, too slow maybe, but they gave minor tweaks..... THIS IS WHAT WE NEED. When you giant blanket nerfs and dont consider playstyles and dont consider anything, combat becomes crap, bugs arise and people leave...
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • wizardpsx
    wizardpsx
    Everything the original poster said sounds like improvement in my eyes.

i think group play > solo play any day of the week.

you want small scale pvp and solo arena type battles there are MANY MANY games that support that style. Very few real Realm vs Realm or Faction vs Faction can even live up to ESO pvp.

stop trying to change the uniqueness of ESO pvp into a generic small scale schenanigans.

also the entitlement of you playing longer should destroy noobs who just started? guess what, that type promotes noobs to STAY away and leave cause they cant compete and its unfriendly for causals. but just focus on this change as a reason people will leave
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    wizardpsx wrote: »

you want small scale pvp and solo arena type battles there are MANY MANY games that support that style. Very few real Realm vs Realm or Faction vs Faction can even live up to ESO pvp.

stop trying to change the uniqueness of ESO pvp into a generic small scale schenanigans.

also the entitlement of you playing longer should destroy noobs who just started? guess what, that type promotes noobs to STAY away and leave cause they cant compete and its unfriendly for causals. but just focus on this change as a reason people will leave

This style of pvp has been around for years, age of conan, GW2 etc. Their are many people in this game that want small scale pvp. Raiding and zerging do's not give an accurate tell of ones abilities, like dueling or small group play does.

Also should a lvl 10 be on par with a vet 14/16 in pvp? No you should get your ass handed to you. The vet has worked to get to that point. Is the champ system screwed for low lvl toons? yes.
    That is what under vet pvp is for, imo their should be 1-50 pvp, a vet 1-7 pvp aria and then the full vet for 8-16.

Am i trying to change the way the pvp is with large scale and zergs, no. it's the imbalance that i have an issue with.
    I can hope on my yellow toon and be owning due to numbers. Then my red then my blue as each faction has its peak time / zerg / large raid times. And then i can dump all them tv stones in my bank. if that's good mechanics then my 15 years of mmo gaming has taught me nothing.
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizardpsx wrote: »

Zerging is the most boring pvp of any game i've ever played. It's just simply whose side has more people, everyone spams that ranged ability. I didn't gear my character learn skills and such to kill people when IC is just going to be a zerg fest.

Believe it or not a lot of people aren't pugs and don't have fun or feel like they've achieved something when you successfully kill a group of 10 with a group of 30.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Resource pools and sustain feel like they matter now. in 1.6/2.0 it was being about pure burst, pure tank, or a sorc. Everything else was largely null and void. The 3 hours of pvp tonight makes my NB caster caster/healer hybrid build I've been running since launch feel much more useful, hearkening back to the older days of pvp. Burst is still viable, but other sustain based builds are actually useful now instead of being burst fodder...
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch has me considering quitting.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem is its just boring.

Nobody wanted this. We all wanted small scale PvP. We all wanted arenas where we could 1v1, 2v2, and XvX in some controlled fashion and maybe wager gold. Battlegrounds with small objectives.

What we didn't want was to have all our old gear invalidated for lackluster new sets, to jump into a zerg mosh pit with monsters throwing AOE fire negates everywhere.

It's impossible to go anywhere without aggroing some stupid skeleton we've killed 100 times already.

It's like they took the worst of PvE and the Worst of PvP, mixed it up in a blender and poured over the imperial city.

I can play cyrodiil for a year+ and still not be bored even with all the bugs, lag, and exploits. I play this for 2 hours and I'm already over it.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    M8FTApO.png

Update.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There really needs to be a zerg debuff. Perhaps when X number of players are clustered in the same area, the entire force is slapped with a "zerg debuff" that reduces speed and damage. It was actually ok for part of the night.... small spatterings of enemies here and there. Then a zerg formed up and poof, just kept rolling through wiping everything in it's path.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, do you really think after a huge update things are going to change in a matter of weeks? On that note, I'll see you later and good luck in the future. Though I'm sure I'll still see you around.. empty threats and all that. Prove me wrong.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won't the zergs disperse once they realize that they're earning next to no stones because it's divided among the players involved? Someone in another thread said they earned 50 stones for 3 hours work in a group of 8-20 people while another earned 1000+ in the same time frame solo.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only happy customer? Do none of you think the patch was a huge improvement and the DLC is fun as hell?
    Edited by JDar on September 1, 2015 2:23PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Won't the zergs disperse once they realize that they're earning next to no stones because it's divided among the players involved? Someone in another thread said they earned 50 stones for 3 hours work in a group of 8-20 people while another earned 1000+ in the same time frame solo.

Pugs don't have thought they just run forward shooting light attack.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Yeah, do you really think after a huge update things are going to change in a matter of weeks? On that note, I'll see you later and good luck in the future. Though I'm sure I'll still see you around.. empty threats and all that. Prove me wrong.

You may be right you may not, the next few weeks will tell. I also have nothing i need to prove to you or anyone else. If a game does not suit my play style i move on. the longest i have spent in anyone one game on a regular basis in the last 15 years was maybe age of conan for 2 years. others have only lasted sometimes three months or so GW2 for example. At current time their is very little in the MMO seen that looks appealing or that i have not already had a try of. trust me i have been looking since i got bored with eso six months ago. If i do stick around ill just jump on to catch up with friends and lvl a sorc until something catches my eye.
    NB Shashu of DC
    In game @Amica.
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    I have played through all imbalances, exploits, lag and just plain out crap changes ZOS has made but this patch by far is making me want to quit. They have nerfed every single thing that helped solo and very small group play (streak, bow passive, mistform, burst damage, etc.). ZOS has catered to all the bad players and zergling because they can't kill one person with 5+. The IC sewers are impossible to go through without pulling all the mobs unless you are a nightblade. How is a solo players suppose to survive when all the mobs are getting pulled and reveal him/her and then a large group zeros him down? Every single fight in IC lasts forever and usually ends by mobs jumping in or by getting merged down. In open world cyrodiil how is a solo player suppose to survive when all movement has been nerved to the ground and they cannot quickly kill someone and get out?(and I'm not saying one shotting, I'm saying doing a combo of like around 4 skills that you can burst someone down if they responded quickly) I am not going to go more in depth, but as of now 1vXing is pretty much dead and I will not be surprised if this patch kills this game.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Also, at the moment the most efficient way to earn telvar stones is to get into a large group and zerg through the sewers and IC.
    Invictus

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    Also, at the moment the most efficient way to earn telvar stones is to get into a large group and zerg through the sewers and IC.

Not really, what about the players going solo in areas gathering 25-30k stones in about 2-3 hours then banking them?

For a group of 20 that would be barely 1k each...

It's not just zerging, the reason you only see zergs is probably your location, many others seem to be farming just fine.

• Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    All is fine till a group of around 20 rolls through you and you can't escape because of all the nerf to movement. Sure you can make more fast solo or in a small group so there I am wrong, but when in a large group you are guaranteed to stay a live and farm unless another group with more numbers comes in a and wipes you.
    Invictus

• Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    I resubbed for this filth.

ImpCity would be fun if the gameplay was balanced.

Everything I enjoyed about combat has been broken. ZOS won't be seeing any more of my money until the game is fun again.

I'll stick to roleplaying for now.
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Ernest145 wrote: »

Not really, what about the players going solo in areas gathering 25-30k stones in about 2-3 hours then banking them?

For a group of 20 that would be barely 1k each...

It's not just zerging, the reason you only see zergs is probably your location, many others seem to be farming just fine.

NB gankers, the only people that got a buff this patch are the ones making those types of stones for a large portion of the population this is the only way to go.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love it, just because it's something new. eso was getting stale and a change is welcome.
    the loading screens really lower the enjoyment my a HUGE HUGE margin, though.

hate the open access. it empties cyrodiil, encourages zerg INSIDE IC and really lowers the appeal of the city by a huge margin. already feels like i've seen everything and all that's left is slaying the same mobs over and over again or farming players who died just a second ago and are worth 0 AP :(

If the open access remains much longer, the content will feel stale again after two weeks...
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others