Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting feedback is very slow with new update... anyone else?

Pangnirtung
Pangnirtung
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed this on the PTS but thought that it might be unique to that server, resources and all you know

This morning while doing my blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing crafts the feedback on tasks is molasses slow. That is, I create a great sword and instead of the usual instant feedback there is a two or three second delay before it says "1 Greatsword Created".

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it do this if you have no Addons activated?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this was with all addons deactivated.
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    It's never been instant for me. It always took some time, and yes stuff I've crafted today is taking noticeably longer. And a warning, do not close the crafting interface until you see the message saying your last item was created. Otherwise you may lose the mats and not get the item.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed this too - particularly with writs. I created two longswords, eventually get notification that two have been created, but only get notification of completing the writ component when I've finished and moved away from the anvil.

It is not caused by add-ons (I'm not stupid, this was the first thing I checked).
  • Suntzu1414
    noticed this as well.

kill well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no issues with the actual crafting of the item,

It was feed back from the quest that was slow,
    when it tells you you have made 2/3 Greatswords of what ever,

This feedback came as slowly as molasses,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    I had no issues with the actual crafting of the item,

It was feed back from the quest that was slow,
    when it tells you you have made 2/3 Greatswords of what ever,

This feedback came as slowly as molasses,

Sorry if I was not clear but it is exactly as you described. Slow feedback.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow as molasses. I can create all five daggers before the first one updates the quest. I also noted it on PTS, (and bugged it) but blamed it on the smaller server.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we have someone see if all this stuff is related?

Long Load Screens between ALL zones, even from Belkarth into the bank
    Long time to update writ quests
    The constant seeing the shadow players for 30-60 sec when zoning into zones
    Angie Stover now loads before the players (up until the patch Monday, the players loaded and she loaded last)

It kinda feels like the fixes they put in Cyro to protect players as they move between zones infected the PVE world. And, not in a good way. It all started with the new "patch" Monday and feels like.. for lack of a better term, lag between client and server, but, "not the same as I expected".

Part of me, the paranoid part, also thinks it may be the game playing around with the UI settings, like you guys are already looking at. No one would ever have it check that between zones, right?

Anyone have anything to add to the list?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Angie Stover now loads before the players (up until the patch Monday, the players loaded and she loaded last)

That was probably a fix as she was often AWOL for me.

As for the feedback, it is slower but not so much that it impacts the crafting operation. Note, I have only created a few glyphs for writs since the patch dropped, no equipment writs. My provisioning and alchemy writs were already filled when I got them.

The worst is the loooooooonnnnnnnngggggg loading screens. It took me 45 minutes this morning to log through my 8 alts collecting emails and doing the above consumables writs with 3 of them (which takes no time really as most of the stuff is already made or in inventory)

Edited by Nestor on September 2, 2015 4:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing with the feed back for items created when I was doing my writs last night.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed writ update messages have been pretty slow. I'll make an item and it will take a second or more to broadcast the update message.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is specifically on first use of the crafting station. So it is an induced bug. Craft one item, leave the station, immediately re-engage and craft. The reports will be like they used to be. Go QA...

Additionally, don't dismount your horse via double tap of the stealth key, it leaves your stamina regen at 0 until you sprint or go through a door.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Puddycat
    Puddycat
    ✭✭✭
    This was the first thing i noticed after update. Sometimes i can have finished the writ and exited the crafting table before it starts updating. Super annoying!

Also, my character is kind of moving up and down while i'm at the table....just a minor annoyance but still.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this the first day that the latest update went on the PTS and still not fixed. Sigh.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this on the PTS but thought that it might be unique to that server, resources and all you know

This morning while doing my blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing crafts the feedback on tasks is molasses slow. That is, I create a great sword and instead of the usual instant feedback there is a two or three second delay before it says "1 Greatsword Created".

Anyone else experiencing this?

I noticed that as well. For what ever reason, it's been slow. Almost everything is slower it seems
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regular crafting is normal it is only when crafting for writs that the feedback becomes very slow.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, last night not only was it very slow to update, I now also experienced where it didn't update at all, until I left the crafting station and went back to it.. it was still slow after that
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a "first use" issue. A callback listener bug. If you make 1 item, leave and re-hitch to the crafting station, it will be like it was. Annoying feature none the less.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a "first use" issue. A callback listener bug. If you make 1 item, leave and re-hitch to the crafting station, it will be like it was. Annoying feature none the less.

Thanks for the head up. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same for alchemy potions today.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read that earlier in the thread and tried last night, didn't work for me :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Seemed to do the trick for me, but it doesn't appear to be a universal solution.