The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Forced to use windowed full screen mode in windows 10.

NeoXanthus
NeoXanthus
✭✭✭✭
I was cautious about early adopting and upgrading to windows 10 so I went the fresh load method with an easy removable SSD bay. This way I could have my windows 8.1 physically ready if something did not work correctly. ESO is basic the only game I play anymore, and in fact this computer is only used for that purpose now.

In this gaming computer I have 5 GPUs in it. 4 in Quad SLI and 1 for dedicated PhysX (this was for another game I don’t play any longer.) I have 3 Gsync monitors in a surround configuration.

The Nvidia driver version is the same on both windows 10 and windows 8.1. On the Windows 8.1 load I can run full screen no issue everything works great 100fps in the Gsync mode. On the Windows 10 load I can only run windowed full screen mode which means the video cards work hard at 99% all the time and only at 34 fps. If I try to change the game to full screen mode in Windows 10 the graphics lock up. Looking for some help.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, Windows 10 has been a pain to use with ESO since it's release. For a OS that was touted for being "Game Friendly", nothing can be further from the truth. Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade to Windows 10 now, I would hold off until Microsoft gets some of the issues fixed.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame the OS for games that have not been made to work with it. A lot of game companies haven't even started to look at compatibility even though the OS has been around for preview for a long time. I'm running Win10 and so far haven't really had any issues but it looks to me like you also don't have a typical setup. I'd say either restore the previous version from backup, or try running without SLI.
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    Don't blame the OS for games that have not been made to work with it. A lot of game companies haven't even started to look at compatibility even though the OS has been around for preview for a long time. I'm running Win10 and so far haven't really had any issues but it looks to me like you also don't have a typical setup. I'd say either restore the previous version from backup, or try running without SLI.

I have my Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 loads on removable SSD Caddies so switching is really quite painless. I also have motherboard jumper pins to disable PCIE slots so I did lame the system down to a single video card with a single monitor to test it and with Windows 10 I still had the issue with G-Sync. I think G-Sync is the issue. I think I am going to have to wait on Windows 10 until either MS, Nvidia, or ESO fixes it.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm running Win10 and play ESO in window mode with no issues. I have a 4Gb Nvidia card, but I use my 50" LED TV for display. It is possible to run ESO on Win10.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I'm running Win10 and play ESO in window mode with no issues. I have a 4Gb Nvidia card, but I use my 50" LED TV for display. It is possible to run ESO on Win10.

Ourorboros I too am able to get Windows 10 to work with ESO. The issue is full-screen mode in ESO while G-Sync mode is enabled. I have tested this on two different computers it appears ESO in full-screen mode does not work with G-Sync in Windows 10.

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had problems with Win10, you need to make sure you set the video up right and it runs great. For those that have no clue then install Geforce experience and let it optimize the game for you.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    NeoXanthus wrote: »

Ourorboros I too am able to get Windows 10 to work with ESO. The issue is full-screen mode in ESO while G-Sync mode is enabled. I have tested this on two different computers it appears ESO in full-screen mode does not work with G-Sync in Windows 10.

I also use an Nvidia chipset and haven't had this problem with Windows 10. It sounds like the issue is specifically due to G-Sync (which I don't use, since my monitor doesn't support it) and this game.

As annoying as it is to tell you to disable a feature you paid good money for and should increase the graphical fidelity of the game, try running it with G-Sync off just to confirm or deny that this is what is causing the problem.
    Edited by Rexlupis on September 2, 2015 4:32AM
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rexlupis wrote: »
    NeoXanthus wrote: »

I also use an Nvidia chipset and haven't had this problem with Windows 10. It sounds like the issue is specifically due to G-Sync (which I don't use, since my monitor doesn't support it) and this game.

As annoying as it is to tell you to disable a feature you paid good money for and should increased the graphical fidelity of the game, try running it with G-Sync off just to confirm or deny that this is what is causing the problem.

I have recently ran it without G-Sync and it works fine with Windows 10 in full screen mode. I have gone back to Windows 8.1 until this is fixed.