The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

"There is no player with that name"

Zombiesquidbily
Not sure what is happening, but when I try to mail a few different people (separate instances) it comes up with this message. It sucks, because they are in an area that I cannot access because it's a different alliance, yet I want to send them some aid. Any way around this?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do they have special characters in their names. This sometimes causes issues.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to Roster and find that person (or friends list in game) and view their gamercard. Once the gamercard pops up, press B close their gamercard and then try to send the mail again. Should work. For some reason it seems like you have to prove to the game that the person exists. Kinda stupid.
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • WhiskeyMick
    WhiskeyMick
    ✭✭
    It's very stupid.
  • Zombiesquidbily
    No special characters. Even if that was the case, I have simply been using the "friends" feature to select them from the gamercards I have. To be safe, I even wrote their GT verbatim. Still no luck. Strange because some work and others don't.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this needs to be fixed, having to view the same person's gamercard over and over again is getting tedious to say the least
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face