Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I reskill my sorcerer and make a templar

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
I made a sorcerer because in general, templay/paladin type classes did not attract me.

But seeing how most people favor Templar it makes me wanna make my sorcerer dps and reroll a templar. Only problem is I wanted to be able to heal my friend in dungeons and I'm not gonna make him restart his archer.

So what's best? Are sorcererst being tweeked to be better healers?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    (Not to take away from this thread.... but I saw your name OP, and thought for a second I had posted something and was unaware! lol!)

I'm not sure about the sorcs being tweaked to be healers.... Buttttt.... my main is a Temp Healer, and I love her. I think I do pretty okay.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I think the Sorc is a great healer, if you build it right, with the added feature of doing some major damage at time's.

Now having said this, I'm not sure about the dungeons on hard mode, but anything else they rock.
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE → Templars and DKs
    PvP → Soorcerers and NightBlades.

pretty sure how the meta works
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any character who has magicka, magicka regen and a rejuvenation staff can be really effective as a healer.

The main obstacle comes in if a character is stamina based and not gaining magicka while playing.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 31, 2015 4:00PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    My normal group ran with a sorc healer and me as a templar tank. We had another sorc DPS and a DK DPS.

We switched roles. The Sorc healer went DPS. The DK went Tank. Me the templar went healer. Things went a LOT smoother. And I still DPS as a templar healer mixing in dawns wrath and spear skills when healing isn't the priority.

Sorc healer carried us through a lot of stuff. But the templar healer is a lot more efficient in my opinion using their class resto tree and resto staff skills combined. Now we are speed running 2-3 vet dungeons, smashing city of ash 1-2 times, and DSA all in one night.

I don't know about PVP. I don't PVP though. I'm probably horribly built for PVP :)
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    Chevie wrote: »
    (Not to take away from this thread.... but I saw your name OP, and thought for a second I had posted something and was unaware! lol!)

I'm not sure about the sorcs being tweaked to be healers.... Buttttt.... my main is a Temp Healer, and I love her. I think I do pretty okay.

Hahah! When ever chieve was taken I would use Chevie, kinda funny how similar our names are lol

And we'll I do love PvP, so I guess I'll just keep the spec for now thanks for the feed back everyone :)
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI Sorcs can heal but its generally a bit harder if you have lower quality teammates. If you are in a group run from your guild, everyone on TS, etc, sorc healing should be fine.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the following in mind when making your decision to swap from Sorc to Temp:

With the changes to stamina in 2.1, Templar utility skills like Spear Shards and Repentance will likely be in higher demand. The blocking change affects everyone, hitting harder on tanks and stamina DPS. When you've got long fights, like tanking AA axes or stamina DPS in vDSA, it's a generally accepted thing for Templar healers to provide stamina support (this is something I do on a regular basis when I heal). If you do enjoy the support/healer role, the default skill set that Temps have lend themselves quite well to it. Plus, Templar healers with high spell damage are no slouch in the DPS department, capable of pulling 10k on average in endgame.

Of course, I'm not saying you can't heal with a Sorcerer. I have played with them as healers, and the good ones don't leave you feeling like you're gonna die or your health is in danger. And when things are going well, they can also hold their own doing off-DPS.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks usually prefer Sorc healer, only because of the Minor Intellect bonus from the restoring twilight, otherwise the Temps are in much higher demand and generally make far better healers. The best templar healers actually play as a DPS and only off heal, cause thats how easy it is xD . Unlesss ofc your tank or DD's stink, which is as often as not.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The main reason for Templar healers is that Breath of Life is a ezmode heal and as long as you're good at spamming that you can ignore other heals. Compare it to, say, Healing Springs where you have to target the aoe and it can become a chore to heal a bad group.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar