The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store Game Addons for PS4/Xbone?

CIPHERSTONE
I jealously look at the add one available to the PC world. Any plans for the big Z to bring some of these as game features purchasable from the crown Store?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add-ins aren't developed by ZOS
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • CIPHERSTONE

See either two solutions here:

1) ZOS: hi addon maker we would like to pay you for your add on to include it in the store.

2) ZOS: let's make our own Addons that do x y and z.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See either two solutions here:

1) ZOS: hi addon maker we would like to pay you for your add on to include it in the store.

2) ZOS: let's make our own Addons that do x y and z.

1: It doesn't work that way. These add-ons are out on PC so ZOS would need to work with those designers
    2: If possible we would need a PC version test environment go console.

It's not clear and cut. Bethesda is trying some ideas for Fallout 4 but that's not an online game so that's still a very different example. I'd imagine that something like this would involve ZOS, Sony and Xbox in addition to third party designers and also require software
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have the thread, but a Zenimax staff confirmed thaf they were exploring the possibility of addons for consoles, but its probably very far off from even trsting phases. They could have even abandoned the project by now for all we know.

All I ask for is a:
    You killed ________!
    You earned an assist!
    You captured ______ keep!
    You captured _______ lumbermill!

You get the idea. Its confusing not knowing what the hell is going on half the time. Adding something like this as an option would definitely help my sense of accomplishment.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some addons are under e.g. MIT license, ZOS can take and sell them without asking. Anybody could sell them, though one could then use only those from ZOS.