The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DEFAULT - Console Voice Chat Channel - More Options Please!

Tallowby
Tallowby
✭✭✭
So with console we don't have a text chat option .... We have Voice Chat.
Overall I am ok with this BUT there are some serious issues with its implementation...
Since we are able to join up to 5 guilds and each guild can have 5 voice channels on top of the area chat channel.
That's 26 voice channels not including a group channel.

Ok that is the scope...

Now the problems...
  • ESO does not remember the last channel that any given toon was active in OR if area chat was disabled.
  • Why is the default voice chat channel "- All Members 1" of the first guild you accepted an invite from?
  • Note, I stated default voice chat channel above yet the game may or may not enter you in that channel on loading :-/
  • Same can be said about area chat.... sometimes it auto loads.... & sometimes it does not :-/

Solutions...
  • Have the ability to set 1 of the possible 26 channels as the DEFAULT! (Per Toon would be nice)
  • Have the ability to have area chat disabled in settings as a default option if prefered!
  • Have the ability, like area chat has now, to monitor another chat feed. (Explained below)
  • At the least -- Have the game remember the last state a toon was in when it logs out?

Chat feed monitoring
As it is now we can be in guild/group chat and monitor the area chat feed.
This feature should be available for all feeds. (One participant feed & one monitoring feed)

Edited by Tallowby on August 31, 2015 9:06PM
NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to also be able to be in two channels in the same guild group.
    That way I can watch to see who is in the "main channel" while I am chatting in the "officer channel".
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this. Makes sense and seems very user friendly.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance we can get your feedback on this?
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm nothing as of yet...
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    sad...

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make sure to throw this in the ask us anything thread
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    make sure to throw this in the ask us anything thread

Ya I asked this awhile back and then they started having all there special episode, so it never got touched but it should be asked again.

One thing that I want is the option to be in group and guild chat at the same time. As it is right now that should not take much work as the guild channel is green and group is blue. Voice chat needs some quality of life changes.