The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon Knight as DPS (would love your advice!)

FadedJeans
FadedJeans
✭✭✭
So we're getting a massive free respec today. My alt is a V3 DK, and I've been thinking about shifting her from Tank to DPS. My main is a V14 Templar healer, so that and lowbie tanking are the only things I've any experience with.

Any recommendations for DK DPS? What works for you?
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    FadedJeans wrote: »
    So we're getting a massive free respec today. My alt is a V3 DK, and I've been thinking about shifting her from Tank to DPS. My main is a V14 Templar healer, so that and lowbie tanking are the only things I've any experience with.

Any recommendations for DK DPS? What works for you?

Why shift from Tank to DPS? you can do both. I have fun on my DK with 1h + shield (tank), 2h (DPS) and Destro Staff (DPS). Having a tanking build is great for soloing content that normally requires a group (or tanking for group content when you're in the mood) and then you can swap to your DPS build out whenever you feel the need for speed. :smile:
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    What general concepts to you employ when DPSing with DK in end game content?

What combos do you like to deploy when you're trying to hit the high numbers against trial bosses?

Are there certain synergies that you find invaluable with your team?

Is there anything that you feel isn't effective anymore now that you're DPSing in endgame content?

Thanks!
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have made a tank DK and I have found that dual wield axes do a lot of dmg. and are great for taking out multiple enemies at once with steel cyclone that dose really good dmg and dose not cost a lot of stamina but you can certainly make a high dmg DK if you like.
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    In this patch there's an even bigger gap between tanking and dps. So to be really competitive I'd choose one role as a main and spec completely for that role. You can always make another set of gear for another role but that means it won't the best best at the secondary role.

There also are a lot of changes and a lot of new gear. So it mught be a bit hard now to give you a good build that will be very effective. Gotta give it some time. Even though, the builds before this patch will still do.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can work out the right skill sets and gear, keep with the Tank.

A good Tank is hard to find right now, in general, and with the changes coming in the patch, it looks like many people will be switching rolls away from Tanking as a main roll.

If you can sustain your Tank in battle situations, You will be a very popular person.
    Edited by Inactive Account on August 31, 2015 4:19PM
  • hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    If you truly desire to be Dps, then we must ask if you are stamina or magic. Since you are a tank I assume you are stamina since that is the resource needed to block. For stamina dps weapon damage is the key. Resist the urge to lean too heavily on the ardent flame tree because while both the stamina morphs for searing strike and engulfing flame are nice they are more utility then outright damage dealers. Medium armor is best for physical damage and with the 12% passive for wearing 5 pieces, it is a no Brainer to start there in your build. As for weapons, 2h or s/b are very popular which is why people are saying you can do both, although if you do decide to go with both you will be lack range on your build. Personally I like s/b for the defensive bonuses but 2h has rally which is great for a pure dps focus. Because weapon damage is your chief concern here pick the weapon mind us unless you don't have a good Stam race and may need the extra regeneration or max stamina. As far as synergies you can do better by experimenting then any player can tell you. The there really is no secret to dps, you want to prioritize weapon damage>stam cost reduction> Stam regen>max stam> everything else.
  • FadedJeans
    FadedJeans
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to fully reset the char, so I can go stam or magicka.

Dunmer DK, what's the best way to contribute the biggest numbers during a trial? I'm used to healing for trials. I'd like to prepare myself to contribute in an additional role when we have, for example, 6 trial healers show up but we're low on DPS.

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DevoDK build, look that up and adapt it to 2.1.

At least I still think that's the facerolling PvE build.