The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking For A Book

Scorpio_Alik'ri
I think I read it once in ESO and a few times in Skyrim but I can't remember the name. It talked about "how to survive in battle" or something to that effect. The author talks about how he/she has seen so many people rush into battle only to be cut down and explains the importance of blocking effectively.

Best Answer

• Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I recognise the book from your description and have come across it in ESO more than once, just not sure of locations. Just keep looking sure you will find it again.
    Edited by Artfuldodger on August 30, 2015 10:14PM
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fairly common book, so you'll definitely find it again. When you enter ruins, be sure to read all the bookshelves. It'll pop up.

So will "Fishing in Tamriel". My goodness, I can't count how many times I've seen this book.
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    I just wanted to know the name so I could finish reading it online. Fishing in Tamriel is everywhere :)
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Well, there's How to Win a Fight, but it only mentions shields derisively. Try scrolling through the Books by Subject list to see if something jogs your memory.

I read this book a few days ago and it was funny. Thanks for the links.
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Finally found it. I had to look at the lore books in all the tes games. Its called Killing-Before You're Killed.
    Definitely one of my favorite books and decribes exactly how I play in pvp.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Killing_-_Before_You're_Killed
    Edited by Scorpio_Alik'ri on August 31, 2015 12:36AM