The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nightblade Noob

nightrise87
I'm looking to start a Nightblade character for the first time and I'm completely lost. I want to be a vampire and dunno if I should lean towards magicka or stamina nightblade. I'm normally a sorcerer and may just go with magicka and siphoning abilities. What do you guys think? Also, which races are best for magicka and stamina based vampire nightblades?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire offers benefits for both. But I myself and I know many others prefer Magicka Nightblade with Vampire.
    Race doesn't matter actually. Bosmer, Breton, Altmer or so would be decent choices. But I think each race has something usefull to offer.

And Magicka Nightblades become stronger with the coming update.
    Edited by Dracane on August 30, 2015 7:57PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    You want a weapon that can knock things back ideally, because unless you're going for a tank build you want to be doing ranged or hit and run damage. I use magnum shot on my stamina nightblade (bosmer with bow and dual daggers, like a rogue) and flame reach on my magicka nightblade (argonian with fire staff and restoration staff, like a blood mage).

I like the magicka one better but I can't really explain why. I think the nightblade is the most fun magicka dps class in the game, but just lose interest in the stamina one
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I prefer the magicka NB. You're not really going to be making much use out of melee weapons or bows, but with a staff, you can wreak havoc. That's not to say you can't equip two swords on your aoe bar like I do (for the added spell damage), you just won't be using any weapon skills.

You'll probably be better off with magicka if you're going vamp too. Most of the vamp skills scale off of max magicka and spell damage. If you are going to go that route, consider picking Dunmer as your race since you'll get fire resist passives.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick Imperial if you are not sure what kind of build you are going to use.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • nightrise87
    Thank you for the great input, everybody. Another question: do you go light armor when you choose magicka?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the great input, everybody. Another question: do you go light armor when you choose magicka?

5 pieces light armor at least.
    If you have a high rank in the undaunted guild and get the passive, it's also very beneficial to mix armors.
    If you don't have it, there is no reason why you shouldn't wear 7 pieces light armor.

11907827_762900320499054_5657570532348819200_o.jpg
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • nightrise87
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Why Imperial?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why Imperial?

health
  • nightrise87
    Mojmir wrote: »

Why Imperial?

health

Ah. Makes sense, lol.

Again, thanks! I'm really excited to get my nightblade going now.