Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mail system still has not been fixed

MrSuplex
MrSuplex
✭✭
The inability of some users to mail friends is still an issue in this game, and has been reported and even noted by the developers as a bug for months. It is still not fixed and we are approaching the 3 month mark. What the hell is going on?

Get your act together ESO and fix some of these issues.
  • swordv
    swordv
    Soul Shriven
    i just bought the game 3 days ago and attempted to send my friend items i picked up cause we both got the game but using the persons gamertag or in-game character prompted gave an error of no such character. Even using the choosing friends name option yielded no results
  • Atomsk27
    Atomsk27
    ✭✭
    If you go to friends list in game, click view gamercard, then let it load, hit B and click send mail, it works. Yes it's annoying but it works.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atomsk27 wrote: »
    If you go to friends list in game, click view gamercard, then let it load, hit B and click send mail, it works. Yes it's annoying but it works.

Still does not fix the issue with guild members. I had to mail a guild member regarding an issue and had to make him an Xbox live friend first and send it through the dashboard.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I wonder if this is because its based on the PC version, which uses the ZoS account name, (@Darlgonx), not the in-game name OR the gamer tag. Pretty sure they added being able to use the in-game name after launch.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • WhiskeyMick
    WhiskeyMick
    ✭✭
    yeah it sucks.
  • jonessssssssssy
    Yet admins only reply to threads they feel like on this forum. What the heck is this page for if they aren't following up?!
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They note it tho.. thats the main goal of any forum thread, to get an item on the LONG list.Different departments focus on different forums. When they have an answer, you will too.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »

Still does not fix the issue with guild members. I had to mail a guild member regarding an issue and had to make him an Xbox live friend first and send it through the dashboard.

Should work the same for guild members. All my friends are in the same guild so I use the guild interface to view their gamercard before I send mail. Works every time. Like it was said above annoying but it works. And you just have to do it once per session. So if you view their gamercard you can send them mail fine until you log out and back in then you need to view gamercard again.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratbert wrote: »
    CapnPhoton wrote: »

Should work the same for guild members. All my friends are in the same guild so I use the guild interface to view their gamercard before I send mail. Works every time. Like it was said above annoying but it works. And you just have to do it once per session. So if you view their gamercard you can send them mail fine until you log out and back in then you need to view gamercard again.

When I was having the issue I tried this too. It still told me it was an unknown user. However, I did the same thing the next day and it was fine.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭

Thank you. I am aware of this work around, but it does not mean the developer should ignore fixing the underlying problem, which has been present for almost 3 months now and something they have admitted to in their own "known issues" statements in the past.