The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Always crashes on first log in, but then is fine

Rapthorne
Rapthorne
✭✭
I've not had any issues in the two weeks I've been playing until a few days ago. Now every time I log in, my client crashes (not responding/error log appears) on the first log in attempt, but is fine on the second.

This is something that's only been happening the past few days, but absolutely nothing has changed on my system in that time. no new updates, software or anything, so I have no idea what is causing the issue or how to fix it.

Does anyone have any advice?
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rapthorne,

Have you tried the compatibility parameters and to tick the "Run as Administrator" option for the ESOTU launcher?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    Hi @Rapthorne,

Have you tried the compatibility parameters and to tick the "Run as Administrator" option for the ESOTU launcher?

I run with full admin rights and UAC off, this is still happening regularly. literally every time I log in now the first time will crash to desktop, and the second will work fine, it's very odd.
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a RAM issue.
    Run a memory diagnostic just to check.
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    remilafo wrote: »
    sounds like a RAM issue.
    Run a memory diagnostic just to check.

I have 16 GB of RAM that's all working perfectly, so it shouldn't be.
    Edited by Rapthorne on August 28, 2015 8:36PM
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    having some crashes in cyrodil and questing, after this patch

windows 10 64 bit
  • FPetersonIII_ESO
    Is it just with a certain character? If you have multiple characters try logging into one that you don't normally log into first and see if they load in fine. Then log out of that one and go back to the one that normally crashes on the first login attempt and see what happens.