The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update: Launcher Stuck On Loading "Windows 10"

kcraptor82
kcraptor82
Soul Shriven
Attempting to play the game, but yet the launcher keeps getting stuck on loading and does nothing. I have researched this and found many fixes, but yet none of them seem to do anything. I am getting frustrated with this and about to just delete the game and never play again! Before I do that, maybe someone knows how to fix this? So far this is what I have done:

My game is installed in a different path, shouldn't affect it, but who knows
Y:\Games\PC Games\Zenimax Online\Etc....

Under "Y:\Games\PC Games\Zenimax Online\Launcher" I have tried the "Bethesda.net_Launcher" with different compatibility modes with no luck.
Also tried Administrator, and still the stupid launcher just gets stuck loading!
Then tried to delete the "ProgramData" folder and the launcher will create a new one, but still gets stuck.

Went into "Y:\Games\PC Games\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client" and tried to start the "eso.exe" file and I it started to complain about "msvcp100.dll" missing. So went into my system32 folder and copied that file into the client folder with the eso.exe file. After I did that tried to run the game again and now I get "eso.exe - Application Error" - The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000007b). Click OK to close the application. Seriously?

Now I have read also that maybe I should start my Windows 10 installation with selective startup? I have not tried that yet, but I have software that runs during start that I would like to continue running and not gonna start my OS barebone because of a game. I know this game is free to play now, but this is ridiculous. Fix your damn launcher already Bethesda. This is a stupid issue and needs to be fixed. Anyhow if anyone has any ideas, please shoot them my way, thank you for your time.
Edited by kcraptor82 on July 25, 2015 3:31AM
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Fresh install? have you run it on that laptop before? or W10?

-have you checked if the launcher is pointed to the right file location? Right click shortcut and open file location to see.
    -if that's correct then I would scroll down and run the "Game Consultant" and submit it with a support ticket to ZoS.
    -if you can't get the launcher to run to get to the repair option, then actually re-installing might be the only option - and I'd just delete the launcher not uninstall the game or directory. Then try a repair once or if the launcher works.

The selective start up will help you if there are unwanted/unneeded programs running in the back ground that really don't have to be until you want them to run. You can also close any in the task manager if you'd rather not mess with the start up options.

• kcraptor82
    kcraptor82
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I have ran this game on this laptop / hardware before and within Windows 10. I was on an earlier build of Windows 10, and now I am on the RTM build I think. Nothing really has changed on my program install. The launcher is pointing to the correct location and I just tried to delete the launcher folder and ran the setup. Setup went thru and the launcher loaded and got stuck yet again. I guess I am gonna try to do the selective startup and try to see what may be causing this stupid software to not load.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be internet speed or connection related too.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • kcraptor82
    kcraptor82
    Soul Shriven
    nordsavage wrote: »
    It could be internet speed or connection related too.

I have seen this in other threads also, and this seems like just an excuse from ESO. I doubt it is my internet connection. I have a 50mb down / 10mb up Cable connection. So since I had the game installed on a portable drive, I dragged out an old Quad core gateway with Windows 7 installed and tried the game again. Guess what, it loaded just fine. I let it do its updates and everything went thru fine. Returned the drive back to my Windows 10 laptop and the launcher got stuck at loading again. So the verdict is, Windows 10 is being stupid.
    Edited by kcraptor82 on July 25, 2015 3:32AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sticks in place now on my Windows 7 too. At first it was random load screens all over,then I repaired three times,but no fix.Now,.after I deleted it and reloaded it anew,..it wont go past the load screen after the launcher.It just sits there with the little dragon circle going round and round,...
  • Noxygen13
    Noxygen13
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue, it is not internet nor hardware related. On W10, the laucher get really slow, so much that the internet socket cannot go fast enough to retrieve data from the internet. W10 changed lots of things on the network handling side for tablets. It might be this. I tried to wireshark the launcher and I get no response from it. It just doesn't connect at all. Plus, when ramwatching it, it makes stanges things. That why I think it's so slow. 1.5 minute to launch the launcher on a freaking SSD! Please Zenimax, make a fix of it asap and let us replace the old one without redownloading everything.

EDIT : I FOUND THE SOLUTION ! --> right click on launcher executable > properties > compatibility > change compatibility settings for all users > choose Windows 7 & check run as admin > apply. It's now working just great. I've tried, I HAVE TO be on w7 comp. mode AND admin AND all users for me to be able to make it work.
    Edited by Noxygen13 on August 28, 2015 10:22PM