The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

sip of ravage stamina

FreyjaNighthawk
I am doing the first alchemist writ and I have to find either stinkhorn, luminous russula, emetic russula or imp stool. I've searched every nook and cranny of every rock and field and I can only find 3 luminous russula. Where in the world is the others I could potentially use?!
Gamertag - witchvox
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on starter islands and area? Emetic Russula, Imp Stool and Stickhorn spawn in the main city areas and up. In the starter island and starter zone you only find Luminous Russula.

I suggest you port to someone in your faction, through guild or friends list - that is in the other areas, so you can farm the mushrooms there and port back from wayshrine. - or go to a guildtrader and buy the cheapest muhsroom you can find for the writ.

Starter islands and zones:
    Daggerfall Covernant:
    Stros M'kai
    Betnikh
    Glenumbra
    Ebonheart Pact:
    Bleakrock Isle
    Bal Foyen
    Stonefalls
    Aldmeri Dominion:
    Khenarthi's Roost
    Auridon
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on August 23, 2015 11:28AM
  • FreyjaNighthawk
    I went to a guild trader in vulkhel but they wanted like 4 grand for them! And yep I'm in auridon. Thanks for the tip!!
    Gamertag - witchvox
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a guild trader in vulkhel but they wanted like 4 grand for them! And yep I'm in auridon. Thanks for the tip!!
    4k for a stack of 100 is fair. 4k for one is insane, but I have sen some pretty stupid rip-offs in this game. The guild trader system allows insane price fluctuations, so beware.
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd advise to always shop around when dealing with guild stores, while there is only 1 guild trader in Vulkhel, you'll find there are 5 up in Skywatch and another 1 near Firsthold. As different people will price things differently.... always worth shopping around when buying from player/guild stores.
    o_O
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also guild traders in the refuge centers, and some of them are pretty decent.

I farm most of my flowers, but if I see a good price on a stack, then I will buy them. But I can also imagine that if you have only played in the starter areas, then you are probably short of resources to buy stacks, and people sell single flowers more expensive than stacks.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    look near trees for mushrooms. Get the keen eye passive.