Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Sot2A] Letters of War

• urkrtheorcwarchief
    To sola ,

Hopefully u read my last message but in this one id like to apolagize for not writing in awhile.

Warchief of clan Bogmack,
    Urkro Gro-Bogmack
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Urkro Gro-Bogmack,

I read it, but I was away for a few weeks. I have not had the chance to write because I was stuck in a scouting mission to the Imperial City. From what the generals are saying, the other factions are getting ready to go to the Imperial City, and we should be ready in a few weeks.

When I finally got back to a base, I saw that I had a few letters stacked up, and finally I can respond to them.

Meridia's Blessing,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all readers,

If any of my letter recipients are still in Cyrodiil, no doubt that you have heard rumours of the Imperial City now being a battleground for the 3 banners. I have tried to weasel my way in, but it seems like every division is completely full. Whatever, I'm sure that the volunteers will subside once they find out that a lot of them are going to die over there.

Anyways, I am thinking that I can get myself over there as a medic, but I think I will let everything die down a bit first; my hands are full enough as it is.

Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    (I hope it is kool if I join, trying to get more adjusted to the rp zone. If not we'll I guess kill off my character.)

To anyone who cares,

It seemed like a year that I had no family and homeless, but now being forced into a war I had nothing to do with. Don't get me wrong, there is no problem with a little blood shed, but with what has happen would disgrace my ancestors. Or so I think. It is hard to know truth from reality for when I was a child, my family was fed upon, turned, and killed in front of my eyes. The Vampires had a sickening pleasure of forcing me to watch and cry to the point of near dehydrational death. After that, I was brought to their castle in Rivenspire to be a slave and pick up after their messes for most of my life. I don't know why considering they always made another and threatened my life. The years passed and my treatment did not get any better. I was getting to the point I looked similarly to one of those undead they kept summoning. It only made me realize those undead were the victims they killed. At that point, I had to find a solution to get out of there or prevent myself from being transformed into one of those things. Sadly enough there was a dunmer vampire that always had a weird fasination with me and taught me how to read and write. Even as a child he treated me differently then the other vampires did. I had to take that to my advantage if I ever planned to escape from this realm of oblivion. Luckily, before things got too intimate the Lion Guard of the Daggerfall Covenant launched an assault upon the castle killing mostly everyone. Not too sure about the creepy dunmer though. I managed to escape only to be nearly killed for my appearance of what they called a zombie.

Anyways I think you get the point. I'm now an Imperial enslaved under the Daggerfall Covenant forced to fight and heal in the names of demons and gods I don't know or believe in. Starting to think death would be a more peaceful solution.

Zoic

(Haven't done this much and thought it would be interesting. So I apologize for the long post and rudely barging in on the Rp. I know it is a bit choppy.)

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the writer of the previous letter I received, Zoic,

What a story. I sure am thankful I was not raised in such a manner. I had an easy life, being raised by relatively wealthy parents. I only joined the Aldmeri Dominion Military out of desperation to prevent myself from being arrested for Daedra worship.

I figured that the war would be a holy fight for the conquest of Cyrodiil to make the world a better place. They said that I should keep my nose where it belonged: facing the floor as I purified bodies. They said that that answer was right. I am sure that you could have figured it out by now, but the Aldmeri Dominion is run nearly exclusively by Altmer, no matter what Queen Ayrren wants to say. I have some notable recognition in being a servant of Meridia and being body purifier. I eventually made my way to the grand warlord in the military and asked them what their orders were. They said that it was to conquer Cyrodiil, and then the whole war for the rest of Tamriel only began. I did not believe in that.

The only reason I am still in Cyrodiil is to ensure that the dead bodies of soldiers do not rise to become undead, which poses a serious problem. I guess though, that they also send me out on expeditions to destroy pockets of Daedra. But I find myself as part of a cause I do not believe in.

For so long I have been saying that this war is going to end the reign of everyone in Tamriel. But very few believe me. Instead, we have the Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild, along with similar parties, fighting the important war for us.

As for you, I am sorry that you have to fight for the names of gods who you do not believe in. At least for me, I get to do all my jobs in the name of Meridia and Azura. Regardless, best of luck to you. The world will be in better shape once the war ends, no matter the victor.

With Azura's blessing,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

To my surprise I wasn't sure if the letter would reach anyone yet alone sent out. Our carrier use to be a proud person of doing his service, but since his last delivery he has not seemed the same. Rather the opposite, he is very shy and easy to startle.

Going to your life, I don't know much about the aedra or daedra, but I feel if the worship isn't causing pain to others, you shouldn't be judge or executed. I am almost jealous of you because at the least, you had a normal life and were able to experience growing up with a family. You were given choices in your life. Although I want to feel bad for myself I can not, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today if all that didn't happen.

I have noticed that the Aldermi Dominion tend to hold themselves higher and I noticed it is similar with the races of the Ebonheart Pact. I just want this war to end, then again I do not know what is store for my race or I. Probably won't be good for what they have done. It's great to know the alliances agree on one thing, that is the prevent the dead from rising and killing of...

Sorry... short... camp... attacked...

Zoic

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

As much as I like to complain about being sheltered and forcibly withdrawn from others during my childhood, you are correct; I was raised with a loving family who did their best to equip me with the knowledge to survive and thrive. Had I not run off on my family, I would probably be sitting at home, either staring at a wall or at old books. It makes me glad that I took off. Even though my escape was more to save my own life, I was also looking for adventure. It seems that I have found it, to an extent.

You are right in saying that us Altmer hold ourselves higher than other races, and that is something I try to avoid doing with myself. Plenty of my experiences have humbled me, but that still has not been enough. But I guess having an inflated view of oneself has its advantages.

Anyways, duty calls, as always. You better have a story from your camp being attacked.

With Meridia's blessing,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

So I do indeed have a story. The camp as I said was being assulted and group I'm with was able to fight off the envadors. Obviously it came with a cost. We lost some of our best soldiers and it was only worse when we had to kill them due to necromancers. At the current moment I have to attend the injured so I will have to make this quick.

Unless I misheard, but some of the injured said they were also bitten by some of the undead. The healings I was taught don't seem to be helping and their health is only deteriating. I may have to pull the plug to prevent them from suffering any further.

Oh also we have a new courier, the last one did himself in. So I have no clue if this letter will reach you. Poor fellow, he was a good person.

Zoic
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

I am sure that by now all of the injured have either died from some sort of Daedric disease, or turned into their attackers. Although it is likely too late to save those, there is always a way to cure any kind of ailment.

First, we both know of conventional healing magic and apothecarial remedies. Then, there are notably darker means of healing. I am skilled in both healing magic and Daedric healing magic. Most people tend to make pacts with the Daedra or the gods themselves to heal others or themselves. As you probably know, it usually costs a life of devotion, their soul, or another soul. The gods tend to be more benevolent, yet still, their powers fit into a more Daedric version of healing than normal magic.

Of course, only those who are magically inept, which is apparently not you, seeing as you are a healer, or those lacking the knowledge of apocryphal Daedric magic, which is probably the reason, seeing as the Dremora hardly let their knowledge go without a heavy price. To say that one Prince contributes to Daedric magic more than any other is wrong, so each Prince usually has their own forms of magic that are learnable, but require quite a bit of magical aptitude to pick up.

You would probably think that Daedric magic is from Meridia and Azura. I probably know two or three of Meridia's spells from her sect of Daedric magic, and none from Azura. Where I obtain most of my knowledge in Daedric magic from is from Molag Bal. Before you get any ideas that I worship Molag Bal, the enemy of Nirn, let me tell you that I have a Dremora that I have bound, and I used to have to demand him to give me things, usually followed by me destroying his body. Of course, now that he knows better, we share a rather unusual friendship of sorts. Regardless, I ask him to bring me Daedric knowledge, and if he does not, then he ends up reforming in a pool in Coldharbour. I get what I want.

Of course several times this sort of magic has unintended consequences, such as stealing life away from others and trying to get back the said life force, but perhaps that is a story for another time. However, Molag Bal is the creator of many of the unnatural afflictions on Nirn, and he knows how they were made, and, therefore, he knows how to cure them. So, I obtain that knowledge, and learn it. Of course, generally speaking, the afflicted do not reach me before their death, so they end up arriving to me in the state of metamorphosis between death and undeath.

Regardless, with countless tangents aside, when conventional magic fails, often times Daedric magic brings progress. Of course, so long as you do not make pacts with Daedra, you end up benefiting. As I am sure you have heard countless times: be careful of Daedra. But Daedric healing magic is a very helpful school of magic to know. From my wording, you can probably tell that I consider it a separate school. It fits more closely with Conjuration than Restoration in terms of channeling Magicka.

Anyways, enough ranting for this letter. In short, Daedric magic is often times the cure to such strange ailments such as plagues and sicknesses caused by the undead. Good thing I am a follower of Meridia.

Meridia guide your healing hand,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

As you were correct, their situation got worse. I think the only positive thing was that they were isolated in a small zone at the camp and were heavily monitored. The higher officers of my camp ended up calling the healers back and secluded the zone when no treatments worked. They came to the conclusion to burn them before it got worse. Nothing but ash remains, ignoring the screaming is something I had to adjust to. I'm sure you can already tell from my interesting past.

I have indeed heard the many works daedra and the aedra can do. Interestingly enough I found a book on Meridia. I think It stated that she use to be an aedra, but was later made a daedra due to a relation with a daedra. Though I do not know how true it is. One of my comrades snatched the book from my grasp before I could finish and burnt it for my safety he said. Don't see why it matters, I still follow no divine being. I guess this makes me weird or special.

Zoic
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

I have met Meridia a few times due to my heavy dealings with fighting Daedra. I have been to the Hollow City, in case you have ever heard of it, I have been to the Colored Rooms briefly, and have even conversed with Meridia herself. She even told me a story once, but whether or not it was factual is still something I have yet to decide. But I am still not an expert on Meridia. She is one of the Daedric Princes that we know very little about. Of course, this war has helped to shine light on her, but still she remains mysterious.

Anyways, I am not sure whether or not you are only a healer, or a templar. I guess that there is some kind of difference. One being solely a healer, the other being essentially a healer who follows an order of someone and follows rites. I guess that I fit into the templar catagory, even though I do not consider myself one. But that is just arguing semantics. Still, make sure to dispose of the ashes. They still retain magical power, and above all else, make sure that alchemists do not get their hands on it; they can use it to create potions, and that is just wrong use of remains. Of course, the rites for treatment of the deceased are my own, not really Meridia's. I guess I just do what I think she would want.

Enough for now, I will leave you with a parting thought: divinity is relative.

From Azura's follower,
    Sola Auroron
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

I think that is amazing you have been able to connect with your divine. Since you are not sure of the question I asked, maybe that could be one you ask Meridia.

Going to my duty, apparently I am able to perform the tasks of a templar. However, I find it baffling I could perform these tasks with no divine worship. Then again I digress because compared to the others who believe in a superior being, I am rather weak. I don't let that bother me, at least I perform my duty somewhat effectively. Maybe, in the future I will find that divine or two to worship.

Regarding the ashes, I think they have been blessed by a priest of Arkay. With disposing them, not sure what their plans are. The priest expressed the same concern as you and my officers have been trying to think of a solution. There may be differences at the camp, but we all agree on don't disturb or disrespect the dead. Wether they be a corpse or ash.

Zoic
    Edited by Zoikos on September 6, 2015 8:13PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

If only I saw Meridia more often. The few times I have seen her were the few times that she pulled my behind out of Coldharbour to prevent my death. I can easily make a portal to Coldharbour, or, how I do it now, just use a wayshrine.

As for your thought that you are weak in templaric magics, it is probably that you are stronger in a certain subject of magic. Of course, as an Altmer, that restriction generally does not apply to me. You may be more skilled in Alteration, or Illusion than Restoration or Destruction. Perhaps you may even have a natural talent for Daedric magic. And who knows, you may even be gifted in pseudo-magical arts such as Thu'um. Let me tell you that Thu'um is nowhere near my subject of natural knowledge. They say that it takes years of practice except for a select few. I guess I am not a 'select few'. And at the moment, I have nowhere near enough time to meditate on single words in a dragon language. I prefer to learn more useful languages such as Daedric.

Of course, by far the worst corpses to dispose of are Draugr corpses. I have come across a few Nordic ruins, and when I kill Draugr, it is a slow process to clean them up. It usually consists of me binding a scamp for a short time, having it burn bodies while I pray. But they are slow to burn, and very smelly. I guess the old Nords mummified their bodies to last.

With the Light of Azura,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

I would have to agree draugr are a pain to dispose of. Fighting them can be quiet time consuming, but at least they are not able to convert people into their own. Then again I could be wrong for there is much I have to learn.

Magically wise, I am crafty enough with either destruction or healing staff, but I much rather equip a weapon and go slicing through enemies, or even use a bow for distance. I try to make myself more versatile with weapon usage. I even try to craft my own stuff. Though I feel like a toddler with enchanting, and alchemy. I have been told it takes years of practice and sometimes the items are not that easy to obtain.

Anyways, news has passed that my group will have to start heading to Cyrodiil. To be quite blunt, I am rather excited, I haven't seen the area since I was a child. I know it has changed from all the war and turmoil, but still.

Zoic

(If someone else would like to parttake in the story, make an enterance. I know a few others were here participating prior to me.)

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

Something I have looked into, but rarely ever used except in very particular situations, is the use of magic from the School of Conjuration. Bound armor and weapons tend to fare well with an experienced conjurer. I am not sure of your natural aptitude, but, of course, mine is great. I create my own staves, and sew my own clothes, and they fare rather well in battle. Mind you, I have to replace my clothes very often because of my dealing with the undead. I could not tell you how many of my cute purple clothes have been blood-stained red. In the end, I figured that I could just either stop dying them, or just wear the same ones over and over again. Which one I do depends on my mood.

I, myself, have been in Cyrodiil for quite some time now. A few months. But every week, I tend to get a day off, and I use the local wayshrine to go to cities around Tamriel and restock my personal supplies. I would have my Dremora do it all for me, but as it turns out, people do not take well to Dremora, bound or unbound, going about business for others. That and when I summon him, he then gets forced to work extra for missing his shifts. Of course, his extra work used to not concern me; I try to schedule my needs around him now. Of course, bound Dremora make for great battle companions if you are strong enough with magic. If you are not strong enough, they tend to become unbound and slash you to death. I dealt with one of those before.

So I guess I just get stuck by myself for the days I have off. It is for the best though. I usually just make several trips between a cart I borrow for the day, and the wayshrine, and buy things with the money I find and earn. You would be surprised how quickly my large tent fills up. I guess it is better than barracks though.

Regardless, get past the war, and Cyrodiil is a great place.

Meridia protect you,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

As depressing as this sounds, I have made different armies and or clothing for my fellow comrades only for them to dye them and have to rid of them. Their wears generally look nice, but it doesn't take long for that to change. You know it's bad when your comrades go to you instead of make their own or go to the blacksmith or clotheir.

I bet Cryodiil is beautiful, still excited as we amble our way there like grazing cattle. When we manage to get to the barracks, my plans are to take a few weeks off. Slaving away can have its perks. With this spare time I'll probably try to pry deeper into who my family was and adventure arou d material a bit. Hey I may even find something to worship. Don't have my hopes too high on that one though.

Regarding the tremors, there is not much to say besides lucky you. Having one bound to serve you as you said can be problematic at times. Due to my limits with magic, it will probably be something I will not try for some time. That's unless curosity gets the best of me.

Well duty calls, we are starting our journey through the mountains.

Zoic
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

I got lucky with my Dremora, whose name is Vyrkyl. Most Dremora tend to be like Altmer: full of themselves and arrogant. Not saying that he is not, but much less so than others. Plus, me having killed him about thirty times has helped in ensuring that he stays loyal. At this point, he knows though.

After joining the war, I believe that only one of my staves have been available for use for someone other than me. When I started out, I was on the frontlines as a Destruction mage. A single incident involving a Khajiit tail and a sword later, they moved me into a medical division. They took away the staff I made, and gave it to someone else. From there, I am sure it has been passed around a few times. But other than that, the staves I have made for war are for myself. Back in the Summerset Isles, I would sell mine, but they generally had no magical enchantment at all, and they were mundane.

As you wrote, duty calls. More bodies on their way. Just another day of work.

Meridia bless me,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

Sounds rather comical how Vyrkyl is different then most dremora. I guess even with enough force or persuasion, even the most hard headed could be tamed. Then again you said he was already kind of timid and different then most.

To be honest I really haven't crafted that many staffs for others, it has mostly been armor and weapons. Unless they have the items, I generally charge. Most of the time, no enchantment included.

I apologize for being short, but I have been busy. Not to mention, I swear the captain's are trying to kill us. We haven't stopped marching since we left and this is our first break.

Zoic

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

Vyrkyl was by no means different than other Dremora. I remember when we first met, and he carried me off to Coldharbour in one arm, and a runaway scamp in the other. Several times he tried to cross me, each time was met by a gulf of flames on him. He eventually warmed up to the idea of treating me well. From there it has only gotten better.

Similar to yours, this letter is also short because I have quite a bit of work I have to do.

May the light of Meridia shine on you,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

I apologize, I must have miss read, I thought you said he was different from the the beginning. I thought dremora were immune to magic?

Some news is over half of us demanded for a break and some rest. This is why I was able to write. As eerily as the mountains felt and seemed, they are rather breath taking. The place we have set up camp is quite cozy and has a river nearby. Jumping in a cool river on a nice sunny day is relaxing. Obviously I can't stay in the water all day no matter how enjoyable it may be, so I wrote this letter.

Oh before I forget, I am also reading books on Aedra, Daedra, and other divines along with their origins. There's a lot to learn and it is like a great curtain of knowledge has been lifted upon me. Choosing one may be a tedious task, then again I could be like most and worship many. I could continously babel on and on, but I have to get back to camp before it gets too dark.

Zoic
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

I wish I could swim in the local river. But it is always either red with blood, or thick with the ashes I dump into it. I do not just handle the bodies of the dead Aldmeri soldiers. I get brought the other bodies they find. Generally speaking, I send the ashes of the Aldmeri soldiers to be sent out to the family of the fallen soldier. For the Ebonheart and Daggerfall soldiers though, there are no means of transportation for them, so I have to burn the bodies and dispose of the ashes. It could be worse though. I give them their last rites and wash them into the river, which goes to the ocean. Not too bad considering they are at war with my faction.

I also learned about Daedra, Aedra, and all manner of transcendent beings from books. My father has a library in which I read as a child. He tried to stop me from reading about Daedra, but that only made me want to read about them more and more. And look where it landed me today. I am sure my family is disappointed. But whatever, because I never have to see anyone besides my sister anymore, and my sister sure does not want to talk to me.

With the blessing of Azura to you,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

I think It is not just your alliance that is blessing the dead friend or for. I have noticed, the priests here going around blessing the bodies. In my opinion it is nice, but im sure it is to prevent the necromancers from corrupting the dead. Those that haven't been blessed generally are walking around doing only the divine's know. Well if you ever find a clear river spot or even a relaxing zone at a lake or beach, take a dip. Everyone is different, but it refreshes me.

I'm sure even though your family dislikes your beliefs and may have tried harming you due to it, I am certain there is a piece of them that loves you and respects you. They just are having a difficult time to show it and adapt. I know our factions are at odds ends, but do you think you could teach me more about Anu? I know he is the creator and predates any of the aedra and daedra. I am also aware he has many names. Anything else you could add in?

Zoic
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

Well, I know my family still loves me, but seeing as my encounters with my sister do not go well anymore, it makes bonding ever so harder. Not as if I can blame her. I would also be mad she drained a third of my life away. For a while though, we were recovering our relationship, but then I lost contact when the military found out she was pregnant and they took her away from Cyrodiil. Trying to contact her again would be pointless. I am sure I would get some kind of emotion-filled letter stained with tears about how in the end, it is all my fault. As if I do not feel bad enough already. Well, I feel better than I used to. I guess the closest thing I could relate it too would be if a family were to come home and find their child to be a skooma addict. They may still love you, but have lost all respect for you. I guess that is me, the skooma addict. Only they seem to treat a Daedra worshiper worse. I guess that I acted childish when I decided to leave. I was only twenty. Gods, even now I am still only twenty-one. Barely even an adult. At least in a few weeks I can be twenty-two and finally be closer to civil adulthood.

Anyways, as for Anu. I have heard of him before, and have read a small amount on him, and honestly, the information on him is rather limited. But that was all a long time ago. But your letter got me thinking. You can probably tell that the upper half of my letter is from the night before, where I may have had a bit too much to drink. I can get either emotional or energetic. Anyways, I summoned Vyrkyl, to see what he could get in Coldharbour's library for me about Anu. For some reason I was expecting a Daedric tome with knowledge that only the Daedra knew. Of course though, after the fact, I realized that if I wanted that, I have had to summon Hermaeus Mora, and last time I dealt with him, I had to give him all of my old letters I received just to live. So I got a normal Tamrielic book about Anu. From what I read, it seems that Anu and his brother Padomay are essentially the original creators of everything. Through several iterations and conflicts, Anu becomes another form of himself, and then that form of himself became Auri-El, who you probably know as Akatosh. That really seems to be all there is on Anu. It seems to be a rather cloudy subject.

I bless you in Azura's name,
    Sola
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Zoikos
    Zoikos
    ✭✭
    To Sola,

Time will heal wounds, not all, but most.

I also keep forgeting humans age much more quickly compared to an elve. My years in slavery consumed most of my youth so being 24, I am practically an adult. Still brings back nightmares, but I get over them. Going back to family, you know it never hurts to try and send a letter to your sister. Granted she may do the pouting, and you ruined my life senario, but she you guys were working things out in the end. Maybe it is because I have no family, but I would still do anything to keep in contact with mine. Even if it is one member who I would constantly argue with. Remember, you can choose your friends, not your family. Though I am very sure you're aware of that.

The information you gave me on Anu is practically the same as I have read. A few of the people at my camp are hypothosizing on which deity I will worship. Half tempted to scare them and say Mehrune Dagon and Molag Bal. Then again I do not want to be executed for a joke and since I'm Imperial they wouldn't be surprised. It is pretty pathetic that most people I run into think I'm a spy or a daedra worshiper. Anyways, Going back to Anu. Based on what you said and I know, would it be safe to assume that Akatosh/Auri-El is Anu in a physical form? As weird as it sounds, I may start worshipping him. Seems strange, but it is like something is drawing me towards him. Though it could just be my curiosity wanting to learn more about the cloudy zones of the divines. What's your opinion?

Zoic

(Unless I am reading too much into the lore and being geeky, but notice how Anu has 3 forms. Anu:Divine form, Anui-El:Spirit form, Auri-El: Physical form. Seems much like the Holy Trinity. Haha I apologize, just wanted to know if anyone else or you noticed that.)

• Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Zoic,

Having left my family certainly has been an experience which has matured me. Definitely, when I left my family I was acting childish. Thankfully I no longer act out when I do not get what I want. I could say that my exodus saved my life, but whether or not that is actually true is still unknown, and never going to be known. Of course, my youth has advantages and disadvantages. Waking up in the morning, full of energy, with my magicka fully in balance so long as I was sober the night before, and pain-free, and then when I look in a mirror or into water, and see myself, without any blemish or notable imperfection, I smile, which, some may say, could be my imperfection, alongside numerous others which are all subjective. Of course though, as said, my youth has drawbacks. I am not entrusted with much in my military dealings, outside of my normal duties of course. Someone with a position such as mine would certainly have a rank other than Tyro. That and my novel and unique take and interpretation of magic is often dismissed by others.

People assume you are a spy and a Daedra worshiper. I am a Daedra worshiper, in the most positive connotation. But people often assume I have parents of different races. You have probably not seen me, but the mix of my preferred haircut and hairstyle, alongside natural features, make me appear mixed-race. As we both know, that holds serious negative social stigma. Of course, anyone who knows me past a glance at my face can easily tell that I am an Altmer, be it from my height, personality, or magical aptitude. Of course, magical aptitude can be confused with a Breton.

As for Anu and his many forms, while it is impossible to know for sure, it seems more like Anu has gone through two metamorphoses. Just as a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Except it seems more like Auri-El is more akin to a child of Anui-El. That being said, Auri-El is derived directly from Anui-El. Of course, your choice of worship should be entirely personal. Some say that curiosity killed the Khajiit, and look at myself, nearly killed from religious curiosity, but I think worshiping Anu would be considered an overall safer and more publicly acceptable practice than worshiping a select few Daedric Princes like myself. By far though, one of the aspects that drew me to Meridia was the fact that she was cast out among the Aedra. The curiosity of myself. Similar with Azura, on how she is portrayed as a benevolent goddess among the Dunmer. In short, go for whatever you feel as right. The religious pantheons of Tamriel and beyond are so varied, that surely you can be right in some way.

Good fortune to you,
    Sola

(I seriously never would have seen the Anu-Trinity relationship had you not brought it up. Generally, I am rather good at pointing out parallelisms. I often read my own works and take mental notes of literary and rhetorical devices. But something I learned was that you can almost never read into something too much; if you can see a relationship, you just need a convincing argument to prove your point. I see your point immediately. *claps*)
    PC NA CP 531+