Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Guide] How to lower the price of Psijic Ambrosia Recipe Fragments

Roselle
Roselle
✭✭✭✭
Here is a checklist for anyone willing to buy these for 300k-1mil:

1. Have a VR14 character
2. Have Provisioning level 50
3. Have "Recipe Improvement" 6/6
4. Know how to do crafting writs
5. If you don't know how to do crafting writs, go to your faction's beginner city (Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall, Davon's Watch) and follow simple quest instructions to learn how to do provisioning writs.
6. Craft the food and drink yourself, OR buy the food or drink from guild stores.
7. Turn in your writs at Belkarth, Craglorn.

P.S. - you can do this at daily reset for each applicable character (#1-7)
This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Lunamarie
    Lunamarie
    ✭✭✭
    Tyvm for the info ma'am.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Roselle ..

1) a VR 14 is far from a requirement, any character able to reach Craglorn will do.
    2) I know of no reason why a level 50 crafter would be required when all perks are unlocked at 40
    3) no serious crafter would fail to max all the perks (except for the self-consumption ones if the crafter is mainly a 'mule')
    4) anyone with a crafter able to reach Craglorn can't fail to know this

The real problem is that it's VERY easy to cap out crafting and not know all the recipes, that's the PITA aspect of this.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 17, 2015 12:18PM
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    @Roselle ..

1) a VR 14 is far from a requirement, any character able to reach Craglorn will do.
    2) I know of no reason why a level 50 crafter would be required when all perks are unlocked at 40
    3) no serious crafter would fail to max all the perks (except for the self-consumption ones if the crafter is mainly a 'mule')

The real problem is that it's VERY easy to cap out crafting and not know all the recipes, that's the PITA aspect of this.

You obviously didn't understand my post, but you get an insightful for making it easier to get the fragments.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    @Roselle ..

@KerinKor You actually do need to hit 50 to get all your provisioning skill points in.. just finished levelling up my main's provisioning the other day for this (was only at 47 because of consumables thing, and could not max all all the required lines).

Secondly, have one REAL crafter who crafts all the necessary food (and knows the recipes).. put it in the bank. Your other "fake crafters" just need to go grab the food.. you don't actually have to craft the food yourself for the provisioning writ. My VR12 doesn't know any recipes above level 35, but now does top tier writs ;)
    Edited by MissBizz on June 17, 2015 2:26PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dweebert
    Dweebert
    ✭✭
    Quote from patch notes: The recipe for Psijic Ambrosia cannot be found whole. Rather, it comes in seven parts, each distinct from the other. These recipe fragments can be found by completing Provisioner Writs; the higher ranked Writ you complete, the more likely you are to find a fragment of the recipe.
    This leads me to believe you don't need to be max .. just a better chance at getting one...
  • reddog1948
    reddog1948
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that ESO will claim that the drop rate for Psijic Ambrosia recipe fragments has not been nerffed. But with just one 50 lvl crafter I got 3 in just over 3 weeks after first introduction, since then mostly just duplicates of recipes already known. I have since leveled a mule to 50 provisioning (4 x 6) but only lvl 38 toon, so can not yet get to Craglorn. The reward bags are lvl 4, but nothing great recipe wise has dropped.

It really appears to me that ESO has the recipe drop rate low enough to try and force most people to use their Crown Store - given that they have gone to the free to play model, makes economic sense for them, but very frustrating for those of us who try and "earn" our progression rather than just going out and buying it.

my 1.5 cent's worth.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dweebert wrote: »
    Quote from patch notes: The recipe for Psijic Ambrosia cannot be found whole. Rather, it comes in seven parts, each distinct from the other. These recipe fragments can be found by completing Provisioner Writs; the higher ranked Writ you complete, the more likely you are to find a fragment of the recipe.
    This leads me to believe you don't need to be max .. just a better chance at getting one...

Here is the original Thread for fragment ratios. My current run appears to be 1 in 30 for the R.I.6 Writs in Craglorn but there are plenty of people claiming better and claiming worse drop rates.

To expand on my contribution to it however:

R.I.1 Writs: 196 (3 characters)
    R.I.2 Writs: 66 (1 character)
    R.I.4 Writs: 132 (2 characters)
    R.I.5 Writs: 13
    R.I.6 Writs: 119 (2 characters 1 of whom did R.I.5 writs for 13 days)

I have only gotten the writs from the R.I.6 (i.e. 4 fragments rewarded in Craglorn) writs. From my POV the R.I.4 drop rate must be higher than 1 in 130 and I believe that there is no point in hoping that a fragment will drop from R.I.5 or less because you can easily level to VR in the time it takes for a fragment to drop at less than R.I.6 rates.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • YardieGamer
    Got fragment VI on my lvl 13 with provisioning lvl 40
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pardon for necro, but do these still drop? I haven't seen one in months of completing multiple writs a day.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Code2501

I've got Fragment II a couple of weeks ago, after at least two months of not getting anything. And then, just a few days later, I got Fragment II again :(

But then again, I'm not playing too much lately, and sometimes I skip days of playing and/or doing the writs, but when I do, I do them with 3/4 chars with maxed provisioning, depending on time and laziness :)
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>