Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Tel Var Stone Competition

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    IMO templar's & sorc's should automatically be disqualified due to sorc's being almost unkillable due to 33% extra dmg shield & templar's biting jabs being broken & not getting the dmg nerf; how can it be a fair contest if everyone in Imperial City is cheating due to rolling a templar or sorc???

I must say.. it is interesting that everyones idea of the OP classes are different, but not one of them include DKs.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the EU characters will be participated from 17 August?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    IMO templar's & sorc's should automatically be disqualified due to sorc's being almost unkillable due to 33% extra dmg shield & templar's biting jabs being broken & not getting the dmg nerf; how can it be a fair contest if everyone in Imperial City is cheating due to rolling a templar or sorc???

I must say.. it is interesting that everyones idea of the OP classes are different, but not one of them include DKs.

While there might be, I just don't know anything with DK's that's broken.
    They are way less OP than they use to be but I still get wins & loses against dk's so I just figured they were fine were they were at.
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 4, 2015 12:55AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »
    so the EU characters will be participated from 17 August?

You can participate now, with a VR14 template character.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    with the rampant bugs and exploits isnt this rewarding those that use them?

The point of the PTS is to try and find those bugs and exploits before they go live! That said, if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.

This include using broken abilities that are giving too much armor or too much damage? Given how I have the broken flying dagger with 28k damage I'm refraining using it in Imperial City after seeing it's devastation last night. Other players may not be so trustworthy. And where would this line be drawn? Sorcs shields are bugged and shielding too much. Templar biting jabs have been identified as doing too much and will be fixed. So what bugs should we avoid and which are fair game?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

The point of the PTS is to try and find those bugs and exploits before they go live! That said, if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.

This include using broken abilities that are giving too much armor or too much damage? Given how I have the broken flying dagger with 28k damage I'm refraining using it in Imperial City after seeing it's devastation last night. Other players may not be so trustworthy. And where would this line be drawn? Sorcs shields are bugged and shielding too much. Templar biting jabs have been identified as doing too much and will be fixed. So what bugs should we avoid and which are fair game?

A big part of me says.. if ZOS knows that the Hidden Blade damage is off by a magnitude of 10, announced it on ESO Live, and did not hot fix it for this contest, they are saying "Have fun and enjoy the exploit while it lasts." Something like the people who have been using the same exploit to take scrolls behind locked gates since Beta, without consequences. One was even emp a week after I reported him for doing it.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immediately after this contest started at 10:00 am I went into the sewers and watched a Templar running around and spamming Nova, Nova, Nova, Nova, Nova....jabs...Nova, Nova....

Yeah, no. My interest in this as a legitimate contest lasted approximately 2 min after I started.
  • Fornacis
    Fornacis
    ✭✭
    Is there a sign up or does it just include everyone?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Targaryen wrote: »

This is open to everyone, and actually, anyone who is collecting Tel Var Stones is automatically included. Easy as pie!

It's also worth repeating that part of the purpose of this contest is to assist us in identifying bugs, exploits, and balance issues. And also, you know, to have fun. ;)

Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 7, 2015 8:36PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭

So if you report them it is ok to use the exploits o:)
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Targaryen wrote: »

This is open to everyone, and actually, anyone who is collecting Tel Var Stones is automatically included. Easy as pie!

It's also worth repeating that part of the purpose of this contest is to assist us in identifying bugs, exploits, and balance issues. And also, you know, to have fun. ;)

when informed who won?
  • Fornacis
    Fornacis
    ✭✭
    With this competion's second round starting it would be nice to know if I should try again. Will we know the results of the fist round or is it already posted elsewhere?
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ma'am, If they have used an exploit to win or gain any lead then shouldn't they be disqualified? A player even using an exploit once knowingly is already in violation to the rules even if they report it. An idea I have is if they us an exploit accidently or knowingly and gain a lead because of it then that should be subtracted from their over all amount collected to keep the contest fair for all participants .
    Edited by imredneckson on August 17, 2015 6:49AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

So, to sum up:

1) Find exploit
    2) Report to ZOS but keep silent to everyone else
    3) Profit

Seems exploiting is being encouraged as long as you own up to ZOS.

/sigh

@ZOS_GinaBruno that may not be want you meant but it's precisely what you said.

[/quote] if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.[/quote]

some people should just never post anything anywhere ever.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VileIntent wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »

So, to sum up:

1) Find exploit
    2) Report to ZOS but keep silent to everyone else
    3) Profit

Seems exploiting is being encouraged as long as you own up to ZOS.

/sigh

@ZOS_GinaBruno that may not be want you meant but it's precisely what you said.
    if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.

some people should just never post anything anywhere ever.
    The post was true though. The wording implies that you're allowed to use exploits, you just need to report them. I don't know if this is what Gina meant, but it's what she said.

Think of the crowns as not a reward for the best player, but for the best tester who can find and report the worst exploits.
    Edited by Rosveen on August 20, 2015 8:27AM