The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blacksmithing error?

FelixTheCatt
FelixTheCatt
✭✭✭
Up until today I was able to use dwarven ingots. For some reason now its telling me I'm back to 1/9 on my Blacksmithing and can only use iron ingots? I have been well past iron for weeks now. I was doing steel crafting writs like 2-3 weeks ago. Anyone else had this happen to them. All my other skills like provisioning , enchanting woodworking are fine. Just bs'ing is messed up. Tried the logout and deleting saved game trick to no avail.

Submitted ticket this morning which asked me to resubmit it if kogging out didn't fix it. Heard nothing since 12pm. Any idea how long it takes for someone to at least let you know they're looking into this issue?
Edited by FelixTheCatt on July 30, 2015 10:31PM
Xbox - Kuchini07
Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    did you do a skill reset ? (or get one thrust upon you somehow)

check you have the required number of skill points in Blacksmithing
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    No , I haven't messed with my points at all. The rest of my points seem alright but I have 1 point now in blacksmithing for some reason when i'd been past steel , so there must have been like 3 points or better. I had been farming stuff to break down for levelling my bs'ing , woodworking , clothier and provisioning. When I had a ton from breaking down gear I noticed my bs'ing didn't look right as it said all i could make was iron items.

I knew that wasn't right as i've been making higher items for the crafting writs which I had to turn in in different areas. I had passed steel a long time ago and was into dwarven metals. All of a sudden it just says iron items so ive no clue whats going on. Ultimately being a sorcerer i guess its not all that big a deal except i busted my rear end trying to raise my skills as i level so im not running into low level areas like an idiot later on.
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    your blacksmithing will level with deconstruction ... interesting to find out where those missing skill points went though
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update this issue , I got a reply email to the ticket I submitted Friday. On Saturday I just continued deconstructing crafting items and just spent the skill points I earned the next day in Bs'ing to replace the ones that mysteriously disappeared. Sunday I get a reply email saying they checked my account seeing I had made dwarven items via crafting and considered the matter resolved.

The issue wasn't really resolved , I just spent points that I had already spent once to get back where I already had been in that particular skill. Points that otherwise could have been used in a skillline more helpful to me. We're only talking maybe a couple skill points or so at most but , hey , still could've used them on something I hadn't had already right?

Now , it'd be easy for me to criticise as this problem wasn't really taken care of , I just replaced things myself. The response time was fairly impressive and professional. It didn't come off as though they didn't care. My issue is more that just looking and seeing I had made dwarven items from ingots etc doesn't necessarily mean you should assume the issue was resolved. What caused the issue? How common a problem is this? How is it solveable? How can I trust it won't continue to happen other than micromanaging my skill points from day one? See my point?
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Have you tried using the shrines to get all your skill points back? You might be able to return them that way.