The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Provisioning

understeer
What is a good way to make money In Provisioning?

I am not in a big crafting guild.

Should I make and sell food/drink or sell recipies or Vendor food/drink?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only foods and drinks that sell consistently are Purple VR level Foods and sometimes Drinks. Blue ones might sell for leveling characters, but I can rarely move them, even when I sell them for less than ingredient replacement cost. There is one exception to this, see below.

Provisioning is far too easy to level, you can get to 50 in less than an hour, and most of that hour is spent buying the ingredients and recipes to grind it out.

However, Provisioning is one of the more powerful Craft Lines to know, especially later in the game. I would not survive some of the things I do without foods.

Here is the exception: If you can make the foods and drinks that Crafting Writs call for, then you can make bank selling the finished product to people as that can be turned in for Writs. See the following for the list of recipes you would need to know:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/196867/provisioning-writ-recipes-for-all-factions
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ThisEndsWithUs
    Also, with the addition of the Psijic Ambrosia XP pots, you can make big bank by continually doing Provisioning writs in the hopes of it rewarding the Recipe Fragments, depending on platform you are on, these can sell for quite a lot (Currently I've seen some selling on PS4 for 200k), although the rarity of these items is not something you could count on to make money (Good ol' RNG)
  • understeer
    Well I did last night make 200 drink and sold it to the game for 5k. I will do that to make money.
  • understeer
    4k sorry.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level and colour were they?
  • understeer
    GREEN VR10
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah right. The vet blue and purple is where it's at. Sold 110 vet 5 blues for 20k.

So get on them!