Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Diseases from vamps and werewolves?

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Forgive my lack of lore knowledge, but it seems that in the ES universe, if you're bitten by a vamp or werewolf, you contract a "disease" which, if left uncured/unattended, will end up leaving you with full blown vampirism or lycanthropy.

So how about a mechanic where if a non-vamp/ww is hit by a vamp with a vamp ability or by a werewolf with a werewolf ability, they have a chance (checked by their resist disease stat) that could possibly give them the applicable disease - one that acts like a debuff until they either get it cured by the mage who does said service or by completing the transformation at on of the shrines? Would add a whole new level to PVP.
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Forgive my lack of lore knowledge, but it seems that in the ES universe, if you're bitten by a vamp or werewolf, you contract a "disease" which, if left uncured/unattended, will end up leaving you with full blown vampirism or lycanthropy.

So how about a mechanic where if a non-vamp/ww is hit by a vamp with a vamp ability or by a werewolf with a werewolf ability, they have a chance (checked by their resist disease stat) that could possibly give them the applicable disease - one that acts like a debuff until they either get it cured by the mage who does said service or by completing the transformation at on of the shrines? Would add a whole new level to PVP.

problem is most want to be infected, untill theres a benifit for staying pure that vamps or WW cant have, then they wont do it
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not with the changes in the PTS - a lot of people DON'T want to be vamp/ww now, from all the whining that I've seen.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not with the changes in the PTS - a lot of people DON'T want to be vamp/ww now, from all the whining that I've seen.

most wanna dump them because of no free passive since you now need to slot an ability. their loss. vampires got buffed in some builds due to drain now healing 10% hp per tick
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, for the reasons others have said I doubt this will happen with vampirism or lyncanthropy, but other diseases have been part of the Elder Scrolls lore and could be re-introduced.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this