The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Preparing for EU character copy (next week?)

leeux
leeux
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't know if this is covered anywhere, so if someone here knows the answer I'd love to be directed to it :)

Assuming (and I may be wrong on the timing... but sooner or later it will happen) that next week all of our chars get wiped and EU ones get copied...
What can we do to have crafted sets for testing?

* Will bank contents be wiped too? If not, we could move sets and other stuff there and then use it on the templates.
* If yes to above, at least will our live's bank content be copied? So we can put the stuff we need on live and wait for the char copy to be completed. If this is the case, it would be great to know *when* the copy operation will be done.
* If all of the above is false... then... what can we do?

I know that templates now include many dropped sets and monster heads... but I'm not sure if they can craft? But even if that's the case, we would need mats and tempers for that to happen.

Thanks!

PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure. But they said, they want to keep the US chars for a few weeks and then the EU chars for a few weeks. I don't think they will make the EU copy next week, I could be wrong though.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point... yeah, I wasn't sure either.

But when the time comes, if would be great to have a way to give our templates some crafted equipment to test.

I guess my real question is, since there's no logical reason to wipe bank contents because (AFAICT,) account names are unique cross-realm [1], will the bank contents be preserved?

[1] I'm pretty sure I can download EU client and login with my current account to it :)

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »

* Will bank contents be wiped too? If not, we could move sets and other stuff there and then use it on the templates.
    * If yes to above, at least will our live's bank content be copied? So we can put the stuff we need on live and wait for the char copy to be completed. If this is the case, it would be great to know *when* the copy operation will be done.
    * If all of the above is false... then... what can we do?

I know that templates now include many dropped sets and monster heads... but I'm not sure if they can craft? But even if that's the case, we would need mats and tempers for that to happen.

If the templates are gonna be the same ones people playing on EU server got, you won't have anything copied from your account on live (no bank contents, no inventory, no crafting research...). You only get what they give you (which is actually decent, but certainly keeps you from getting creative with your gear).

It's of course kind of annoying when you can't just go wherever you want and have nothing researched, no mats etc... but there are always nice people - playing with copied chars - around that will help you out if they can. I met a very nice guy one day after the patch and he hooked me up with those crafted sets I was missing.

I will also gladly help everyone out (I'm maxed out in all crafts/researches) and you're welcome to contact me @Hagebutte too, if you need anything to test stuff.
    Edited by Falhael on August 4, 2015 11:36PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    everything will be wiped, EVERYTHING.

PS: For some resources on EU side, you can also add me, I got 2 whole guild bank plenty of things and can craft anything.
    Edited by Ayantir on August 5, 2015 12:00AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both, much appreciated! When the time comes, I might ping one of you :) Don't worry... I'll try my best not to be a bother :innocent:

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars