The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Toppling charge gap closer working as intended?

Mr_Koh
Mr_Koh
✭✭✭
Toppling charge (templar gap closer) - speaking of gap closers, Toppling charge on top of it bringing you out of cloak and knocking you down it also goes through Dodge roll. Since whip and concealed don't go through roll anymore I'm wondering if this is intended. With Dodge roll getting the big nerf I don't think Toppling charge should go through it.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Koh wrote: »
    Toppling charge (templar gap closer) - speaking of gap closers, Toppling charge on top of it bringing you out of cloak and knocking you down it also goes through Dodge roll. Since whip and concealed don't go through roll anymore I'm wondering if this is intended. With Dodge roll getting the big nerf I don't think Toppling charge should go through it.

Ok Toppling Charge has a ridiculous GCD where you can't activate another skill or do anything after casting it...the very least it could do is go through Dodge Roll and Through Cloak so its only "useless" instead of "utterly useless"

Please leave Templar;s alone, they are the weakest class in the game, they last thing they need is a nerf...they honestly need some buffs.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭

Ok Toppling Charge has a ridiculous GCD where you can't activate another skill or do anything after casting it...the very least it could do is go through Dodge Roll and Through Cloak so its only "useless" instead of "utterly useless"

Please leave Templar;s alone, they are the weakest class in the game, they last thing they need is a nerf...they honestly need some buffs.

In the pts templars are currently really strong and the GCD was lowered to that of other gap closers. So no I'll continue to ask for balance
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calls for Toppling Charge Nerf!?!?!?!?!

You mean the skill that was broken for the first year of the game being out?

And just when I thought I'd seen it all...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In the pts templars are currently really strong and the GCD was lowered to that of other gap closers. So no I'll continue to ask for balance
    1.No, it wasn't lowered
    2. Topling Charge on pts is not going through dodge/cloak. Explosive Charge doing it and it is intended as it deal AOE damage.

Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2015 6:47PM
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭

There is an AOE version of this gap closer that is intended to hit cloak and dodge roll as it is an AOE attack. If you want balance...

Cloak is OP. Nerf please!
    Edited by Eejit1331 on July 31, 2015 6:54PM
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    The single target one is going through cloak and roll. Please test it before throwing false info here. And I'm not asking for it to be nerfed I'm asking for it to work as intended.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The single target one is going through cloak and roll. Please test it before throwing false info here. And I'm not asking for it to be nerfed I'm asking for it to work as intended.
    Tested "lowered GCD" - your statement is a lie.
    Gona see how topling is going
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2015 7:05PM
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Tested "lowered GCD" - your statement is a lie.
    Gona see how topling is going

I tested both as well so we can agree to disagree as long as you agree that I'm right. Anyone at zeni please test this and make appropriate changes. I put it out there that's the best I can do.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    All single target attacks still go through Cloak, it hasn't been changed/fixed at all.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its Cloak that's choked not the charge that's poked
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    Charge shouldn't go through roll especially now that roll got gutted.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the pts templars are currently really strong and the GCD was lowered to that of other gap closers.

What do you mean? No other gap closers have a GCD.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, here results of tests:
    1.Dodge-rolling not working vs any charge ability and seems you can be CCed by single-target ability while roll-dodging.
    Toppling charge on top of it bringing you out of cloak and knocking you down it also goes through Dodge roll.
    2.Any single target ability does not deal damage to cloaked but removing cloak.
    3. Charge does not applying cc on cloaked, i.e. Toppling Charge is not knocking you down if you cloaked. In two words - cloak is broken by itself. And again, no, teamplar charge has its GCD.

Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2015 8:04PM
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    1.Dodge-rolling not working vs any charge ability and seems you can be CCed by single-target ability while roll-dodging.
    Toppling charge on top of it bringing you out of cloak and knocking you down it also goes through Dodge roll.
    3. Charge does not applying cc on cloaked, i.e. Toppling Charge is not knocking you down if you cloaked. In two words - cloak is broken by itself. And again, no, teamplar charge has its GCD.

Now do it through roll Dodge. And toppling charge knocks you down through cloak without cc immunity, but works as you showed with cc immunity. It shouldn't reveal you. This is exactly my point ty for video
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the pts templars are currently really strong and the GCD was lowered to that of other gap closers.

Someone's isn't paying much attention to the PTS. Only paying attention to how their own specific build is performing...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Now do it through roll Dodge. And toppling charge knocks you down through cloak without cc immunity, but works as you showed with cc immunity. It shouldn't reveal you. This is exactly my point ty for video
    Ok after more tests:
    1. only Toppling Charge can cc through roll indeed.
    2. 1h charge and templar charge reavealing cloaked targets but not CC them. 2h charge is not revealing cloaked enemies.(none of those dealing damage to cloaked target)
    1h charge toppling charge
    Edited by Cinbri on July 31, 2015 8:57PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean only the Toppling Charge morph or all morphs of the Templar charge?

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you mean only the Toppling Charge morph or all morphs of the Templar charge?
    Unmorphed Charge dealing damage through dodge too and it dont have CC. Explosice Charge dealing damage coz AOE through dodge and claok as it in 1.6. Noticed that Explosive Charge is not revealing cloaked enemy in 50% of attacks.<--must be fixed.

• Vatter
    Vatter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what should be nerfed op, cloak. that skill is so op it makes me laugh.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it ignores roll just like teleport strike does (nb magicka gapcloser, unmorphed) and lotus fan morph.
    EU | PC