The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pig Farming for materials?

GrahamReaper80
What's up with everyone doing that? Is it working? If it's an exploit will everyone doing that farming get banned?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Couple of problems. If you are doing this in the leveling zone, all you get is White Meat. If you do this in a Silver or Gold instance, then you get some raw mats that you can refine.

And, there are better places to farm for the raw mats and not have to put up with Campers. Mudcrabs on the Beach for instance. Much much better source, as you can also get loot to decon or sell. And a lot more exp to boot if they are on or near level.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several spots in the VR zones where you have instantly re-spawning livestock, which makes farming those spots viable ...
    shades.gif
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing welvas is much better and i also have a chance to get nirncrux.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • bigbabyleonb16_ESO
    Tried it but never got anything other than white meat, not sure why people do it.

I tested it to see why people do it but got bored after killing 15 pigs.
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    I like the thick leather that comes from pigs in zone 4
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well when I need white meat I hit a level 1-10 zone to farm. I get about the same amount of leather scraps as white meat. Refine, drop resin, nice little bonus.
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    No. Couple of problems. If you are doing this in the leveling zone, all you get is White Meat. If you do this in a Silver or Gold instance, then you get some raw mats that you can refine.

And, there are better places to farm for the raw mats and not have to put up with Campers. Mudcrabs on the Beach for instance. Much much better source, as you can also get loot to decon or sell. And a lot more exp to boot if they are on or near level.

Sad you can get it anywhere pig are. I see v14 in dc doing it and they are from dc.