Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What still works?

DovahDuck
DovahDuck
Ive been hearing so many things about whats nerfed, but are there any builds that are unscathed? Ones that were good in 1.6 but still or better in 1.7?
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one of my characters, representing all 4 classes, will need new gear and changes to the skillbar to compensate/adapt. Is it doable? Sure. Is it FUN to do every single update? Not so much.
  • DovahDuck
    DovahDuck
    @Morimizo Well if I need to re-roll my first veteran 14 character I'm going to be pretty ticked off (Just like everyone else) and I doubt I will keep my sanity if I have to do this every update.

Been doing my research and it seems like my Stam. Templar Tank will be destroyed. Do you know if there's any hope for it?
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magicka vamp DK build is for the most part unchanged, with 2 exceptions: I'm only running 1pc nirn on pts and I started using immovable brute instead of igneous shield. I've also gone back to 5 light, 2 heavy and am super happy with it.

Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light and Heavy attacks still work they always have just not many players know about it cause it isn't as flashy as skills. But they do have a positive of restoring stamina and magicka on heavy attacks.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DovahDuck wrote: »
    @Morimizo Well if I need to re-roll my first veteran 14 character I'm going to be pretty ticked off (Just like everyone else) and I doubt I will keep my sanity if I have to do this every update.

Been doing my research and it seems like my Stam. Templar Tank will be destroyed. Do you know if there's any hope for it?

Though I'm personally peeved at some major changes (Destructive Clench-Fire Staff having it's functionality completely removed, set piece nerf, armor enchantment nerf, crafting bonus removal, Reinforced and Nirnhoned traits way less effective, racial passives for Bosmer/Altmer added to compensate now taken away, CP caps, overall increase of NPC resistance/HP/skills, to name a few), and continue to scratch my head in disbelief at game-saving fixes like making sure provisioning pies are eaten with forks instead of spoons, even though the graphic will still be the unimmersive empty bowl,

I'm sure most will compensate. I can't just look forward to gear I can find and grow into, I have to have new gear NOW, or risk being considerably underpowered comparative to before the update. This includes a new weapon type for my Sorc, and new abilities on the skillbar. Not abilities they've added mind you; ones that have been present since the beginning that will just be a better choice now that certain skills are trashed.

The hopelessness comes in when thinking that any build/skill/gear setup will last more than one update. My advice is to just have a tinkering mentality. If a skill seems particularly effective, chances are it won't last. Same goes for a set of armor, or the enchantments.

The goal seems to be the homogenized balance of every class and race regarding the performance in PVP. Each class/race player must deal identical DPS and healing to avoid undue advantages. This takes away the uniqueness of builds; why can't each player have something particularly effective? So what if it is tough to counter, as long as it is not impossible; I would rather adapt to skills than just numbers that are equal among everyone.

"If everyone is special, than no one will be." --is a line from The Incredibles, but it's more like,

"If everyone is not special, than no one will be irritated that someone else is special-er than them"

Edited by Morimizo on August 2, 2015 12:06AM