Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are the point of collectibles

ltluckyshot
ltluckyshot
Soul Shriven
I found a wolf tooth necklace that was of blue rarity and thought cool a new necklace but it is a collectible.....are those just for selling
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Use the collectible from your inventory and it'll poof, unless you've already used that collectible then it's vendor trash. After you get the collectibles of that set then you'll get the achievement for it.

Some of the achievements will grant you special dyes for your armor.
    Edited by mklundub17_ESO on July 31, 2015 6:15PM
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Use the collectible from your inventory and it'll poof, unless you've already used that collectible then it's vendor trash. After you get the collectibles of that set then you'll get the achievement for it.

One of the things I kept meaning to get around to was asking about collectables. I have a few but there's no option to use them was a bit confused by what you meant when you wrote use them from your inventory.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I sold mine. I needed inventory space.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭

One of the things I kept meaning to get around to was asking about collectables. I have a few but there's no option to use them was a bit confused by what you meant when you wrote use them from your inventory.

For the PC in order to register the trophy for your collection you have to click and use it. From what I understand on the console version you just have to pick it up for it to register.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Wimbuut
    I just destroy them.. I think its only for achievement
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under achievements there is a Trophy tab - here you can see all the collectibles and fish you have found/caught. The collections will give you rare dyes, and fishing will eventually give you a title (Master Angler), on completion.

So do NOT sell these items. Double-click them, and they will automatically disappear and become highlighted under the appropriate collection. If the item does not disappear when you click it, it means you have already added this item to the collection (but always check under said collection before you sell!). Trust me, down the road (when you start running out of achievements) you will kick yourself for deleting these items :wink:

(The trophies that are "collectible" are always found under "Consumables" in your inventory. Trophies found under "Misc" are usual just rewards from quests, that have a visual effect when used, and these are reusable.)

Hope this helps! :smile:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Grapedragon
    I'm on the PS4 and don't really know how to use them. Can't bank them either. The only option I got is to destroy them.
    Am I missing something here? :|
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitmass and NovaMarx thanks for answers. I am just glad glad I kept them now.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on the PS4 and don't really know how to use them. Can't bank them either. The only option I got is to destroy them.

Check your achievements Trophy tab. Do the collectibles in your inventory show as being met in achievements? Some console users have reported just having the item in inventory is enough to register the achievement. Unlike on PC, console users have no way to USE collectibles. If you find your collectibles are not registering, file a complaint.....it means console users have a bug.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • abirdman24
    That's great to know information. I wondered the same thing many times myself. I've been holding onto them in case there was a trophy room in a house DLC like Skyrim had on the Hearth Fire I think it was called. There are several things they aren't real clear on when it comes to in game info.
    Live in the light, but play in the dark
  • TidBit
    TidBit
    Some are bugged badly. I couldn't click or do anything with it. Deleted it because that's what a lot say... and I didn't get credit.

I cried for like... 30 minutes.

Then my daughter whose 1 picked on me.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    TidBit wrote: »
    Some are bugged badly. I couldn't click or do anything with it. Deleted it because that's what a lot say... and I didn't get credit.

I feel your pain. Still got mine though, just to make you feel better.

-Johnny Depp
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know more about the blue skull that binded to me upon pick up :/
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of the collectible items people in this thread are referring to...Check your achievements under collectibles and it should be listed under one of the categories. Finding all of the items for each category results in an achievement with an associated armor dye.

Make sure the skull is showing up as obtained before you sell or delete it...Seems like there might big a bug on consoles for some people where the collectibles are registering.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TidBit wrote: »

My daughter that until my character dies, then she hugs me n says it's OK daddy she's only pretending
  • Grapedragon
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Check your achievements Trophy tab. Do the collectibles in your inventory show as being met in achievements? Some console users have reported just having the item in inventory is enough to register the achievement. Unlike on PC, console users have no way to USE collectibles. If you find your collectibles are not registering, file a complaint.....it means console users have a bug.

Thank you for the advice, I'll look into it :)
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    For me on the PS4 - I have the collectibles automatically being added to the achievement/trophy list. I have then been able to destroy or sell them without any issues. This has been my experience on the PS4 only.

• abirdman24
    I'm in the Xbox one and checked, is automatically being added to achievement list also
    Live in the light, but play in the dark